**September 2019**

We're only there until 9/2, so far nothing has come up - I'm sure the labor day weekend has something to do with it, and folks like me trying to sneak in a trip before the school year starts!

ETA: I did notice there are reservations open for parties of 2, but we're a party of 4 so I expect it will take a bit to have a bigger table open.
Use touring plans dining finder. We booked our March trip in November and in the past month have got Ohana, BOG and storybook dining for next week. They always come through.

The September rumor scares me, I'm rooting for mid - late October, especially since our MNSSHP tickets arrived already.
Yeah I agree. We booked Labor Day so I’m sure we are safe, but we booked it thinking we will get one last good trip in before the insanity starts, thinking it would be at least November. You could move it back if you wanted to be safe- we switched the dates on our Halloween party tickets last year after we had them in our hands already. Quick phone call. They just re-shipped new ones with the new date and told me to throw away the ones they just deactivated.

Use touring plans dining finder. We booked our March trip in November and in the past month have got Ohana, BOG and storybook dining for next week. They always come through.

Oh yes - I have Mouse Dining and TP set up and on the case! We have a couple of reservations I'd like better times for so I'm taking FULL advantage of the robots :)

So glad to have found this thread! We will be at grand Floridian sept 4-9!!!
5th Trip
Glad to have found this thread! I'm still kind of new to the DISboards, but fortunate to have 6 months until my trip to learn as much as I possibly can! (Our first trip last year, I only had a few months to plan but it was amazing!) Just made ADRs and got everything I wanted even BBB! We're doing a split stay too which is exciting plus a little scary...Beach Club 8/31-9/4 and Contemporary 9/4-9/7! Only our second family trip, and first time Deluxe!!! SO excited!!
Anyone have any idea if TSL EMM will be available in September? I've been checking EVERY day, and I see MK EMM is available on 9/1 and 9/3 so hoping maybe TSL is just behind?
Leaving in 3 days to head down for spring break, and already booked our September trip. August 31-September 8 at AKL. Just made ADRs.
Added to roll call! :welcome:

Made my dining reservations! It was a super weird process, I booked reservations yesterday morning when my 180-day window opened up, but then when I checked this morning there were way better times available, so I changed my reservations to grab those times. :confused3

But! I got an early-morning breakfast at Crystal Palace (which I am totally jazzed about, having never been to CP before) and BOG, plus a couple new-to-me restaurants I can't wait to try (Skipper Canteen & Tiffin's). I'm mostly doing QS this trip to save money and have better flexibility, but I'm really excited about my TS meals too.

Y’ALL. Star Wars: Galaxy Edge is opening on August 29! What’s everyone’s thoughts? I’m wanting to reschedule because I am not prepared for the massive chaos that going on 9/1-9/8 will bring!

Y’ALL. Star Wars: Galaxy Edge is opening on August 29! What’s everyone’s thoughts? I’m wanting to reschedule because I am not prepared for the massive chaos that going on 9/1-9/8 will bring!

Glad my trip isn't till the end of September, was worried about a Oct 1 opening. Least we have time to plan, guess there will be no F&W events for us this trip, just whatever uncharge event they will have for SWGE.

Good luck to all those going end of August into the beginning of September. I wonder if RoTR will be opening in August or opening later like they are doing at Disneyland?

I was reeeeally wanting to avoid SWGE. We have a trip planned Sept 24-Oct3. Do you think crowds will thin out at least a LITTLE by then? Someone give me a pep talk as I can't change our dates!

We are booked 8/26-9/3....torn about how to feel, we booked to avoid the initial SWGE crowds but we are also a family of Star Wars fans (we just prefer to relax a bit on vacation LOL). HS is my kids' favorite park and we always do the last day there, but the last park day for us will be Labor day AND SWGE weekend. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to shuffle things

So I found all my dread-filled fellower Disney buds here. We are booked Sept 25. - October 1st, cause free dining was good for our family budget this year, we were trying to avoid our favorite mid-November strat to get away from SWGE crowds. Now... we are stuck in the middle of them. We figured free dining was going to be available cause the crowds were going to be in November due to SWGE/Holidays etc.

Regardless, we still are going to go during this time since we have already gotten pretty excited about it and have other friends/family joining us... I just am dreading the crowds, or should I just be dreading the crowds at HS?

Oh boy, I don't know what to do:sad:. Who is cancelling and who is going to stick it out? We really wanted to avoid SWGE!
I think I’m the only absolutely thrilled person on any blog, post on Facebook, or thread I’ve seen today! I can’t wait! We’re there 9/28-10/4 and my husband and I are so excited. We were planning an adult only trip for next May just for SW:GE because we assumed we’d miss it. We will probably have to still plan for it because I read they’re not offering FastPasses at the beginning... I’m not happy about that part. We’re going in Sept with my kids and in-laws, so they may not be as happy as us lol.

I think we are going still but avoiding DHS like the plague. Which stinks because I want to see TSL. I just kinda wished they announced it next month so I would at least not have to fight for ADRs with as many people. Maybe the people who book for SWGE won’t be wanting yo est st sit down meals.

Stages of reactions when I realize we are arriving two days after SW opens
:earseek::cool1::faint::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::jumping1::hyper::confused3:woohoo:

So basically what I am trying to say is I have some SERIOUSLY mixed feelings. DH is PUMPED. We missed Pandora by a week when it opened. He also hates lines. I am seriously considering just letting him branch off at some point.

I'm psychically pleading with Disney to offer some sort of hard ticket events for mornings or evenings there.

My thoughts are so jumbled right now - I cannot believe the rumors that were dismissed were TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrive Sept 3rd through 13th and go this same time every year. I do not know what to think about Star Wars Landing opening Aug 29th - right before we arrive. We enjoy this time of year for lower crowds. My family is staying the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and decided to spend a little more on this resort this year, but I am having second thoughts about this whole trip........... Before the announcement today, it was our dinning reservation 180 day. I kept trying to book early morning magic at Toy Story Land and no dates in September were showing. I called at 7am this morning and was told IF there was going to be any days for EMM at HS then it would be available after the Star Wars Land opening was announced. I felt then something was happening in September.

I started quoting posts to reply and realized there were wayyyyyy too many people to quote because we all are feeling similarly!

I was a teacher for 16 years and recently decided to be a SAHM. One of the things I was looking forward to was maybe being able to go to Disney at a less busy time and I was so excited about our Sept trip.

We are booked for Sept 24-30 and I am so annoyed that this announcement has come about. Yes, it’ll be a month after it opened, but it’s opening in phases and who knows for sure when the next phase will open? We have free dining and maybe the other parks will be less crowded , but we have ZERO interest in Star Wars and even less interest in going when it’s insanely crowded since the whole purpose of this trip was to get to FINALLY experience lower crowds!

If I hadn't booked my plane tickets already I would have seriously reconsidered my trip. We will be arriving August 31th in Universal and September 5th in WDW. I really hate the fact that the parks will get so crowded, we chose September specifically for the lower crowds. If I knew this beforehand I would have booked for next year or even later.

For people who are saying that the other parks will be less crowded; when the park will hit capacity it closes and those people have to go somewhere. That somewhere will be other parks. And I see them removing staff from other attractions to help with the crowd handling.

Any idea when September park hours would be up? I’m hoping to know before I have to make ADR ‘s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter