**September 2019**

Question for the people getting FP the last few days - I read somewhere (not sure if it was this thread or another?) that FP only seem to be available after 9am, not 8am, at MK, AK, and HS. Is this true?
Yes, that was the case for me on my FP day this past Saturday.

Wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who have been posting your fastpass selection results. My day is Thursday and we are so excited, and nervous as usual. Good luck everybody!

Successful FP day today! We arrive Saturday the 21st for a 7 night say. On the Tuesday of that week, the 24th, there are STILL early afternoon 7DMT spots open for a party of 6. Its either a really quiet week or its FP popularity is finally thinning a bit like FEA did over time. SDD is still the prize to catch. Even with a 60+8 booking windows I was only able to get 2:45 on the 5th day of our trip and it's the very first thing I tried to book at 7:00am. Of course the site was crashing as usual for the first hour or so. Was also able to grab FOP with no issues for the 4th day. We currently have a 7DMT FP for each of the 3 days we will be in MK.

Last edited:
We missed out on Mine Train last year and were shocked to see it was still available when we went to adjust our times much later on. I also noticed nothing earlier than 9 am for any ride. We ended up skipping fast passes for HS and will do our best with that. We don't plan on seeing Star Wars besides maybe walking through it.

Question for the people getting FP the last few days - I read somewhere (not sure if it was this thread or another?) that FP only seem to be available after 9am, not 8am, at MK, AK, and HS. Is this true?
I know my FP aren't for the same week, but I have 8am's on 9/2 and 9/3

Still haven't finalized our park days and it's driving me insane since our FP day is Tuesday!

What are everyone's thoughts on attempting HS on a Saturday? I was trying to avoid it as much as possible bc I figured locals would be there, but when I'm trying to book dining reservations there are a LOT more openings that Saturday (9/28) than later in the week! Also TP has it as a 6 and up to a 7 later in the week.

I both fell asleep and woke up thinking about this lol.

Still haven't finalized our park days and it's driving me insane since our FP day is Tuesday!

What are everyone's thoughts on attempting HS on a Saturday? I was trying to avoid it as much as possible bc I figured locals would be there, but when I'm trying to book dining reservations there are a LOT more openings that Saturday (9/28) than later in the week! Also TP has it as a 6 and up to a 7 later in the week.

I am doing my early morning at DHS on Sunday of labor day weekend which I am sure is a terrible idea - but I do not want to have a 4am wake up looming all week and wanted to do that on our first park day. So my only point is, if it makes sense with your plans - just go for it?

I'm uh, rearranging ADRs again this morning :D Ok so just one switch but it seems so ridiculous to me I am still switching things up. I just had a 12 yo who was whining about Akershus (we have been there many times) so we decided to try something new that the kids always oooh and aaaah over when we see it (San Angel Inn)

Also - looking to buy luggage. I noticed a couple of our suitcases are trashed and usually I don't give it much thought and use duffel bags or whatever but since I am flying when I go in January I figured I should just go ahead and purchase some luggage. I can't seem to decide - hard sided or soft?

We are doing EEMH at DHS on 9/28 and heading over to MK at some point during the day.. which will probably mean we are going the the Poly and Tambu lounge. I think a Saturday at any of the parks is always going to be busier then other days. Just plan for it being crowded and go with what works best for your group, not some prediction from touring plans. No one knows what is going to happen with SWGE opening up.

We arrive the same day as you and I have moved my park days around literally every day...I am moving stuff around TODAY because last night my kids told me they'd rather have FastPasses for SDD twice than FOP twice, and my husband said he doesn't want to wake up at 4:30am for EEMH more than once. No big deal, guys, just need to change 4 days around! :headache: I am just not happy with my plans at all this trip, but like you, I need to get my rear in gear for FP day on Tuesday! We HAD our arrival day (Sat, 9/28) as HS because of crowd calendars (and before they announced all the EMH) and like you said, the extreme amount of dining still available for our group of 6, however I changed it to MK this week. It's my daughter's birthday, she wants to see HEA, and we snagged dinner at CRT. Like another poster said, any park is busy on Saturday, so it's luck of the draw and up to a good touring plan.

I really think that people are too afraid of SW:GE and we are fearful and over-worrying for nothing. Did my weekly check of resort availability and still 23 resorts available during our stay.

I just checked FP+ availability for 9/28 At DHS all attractions still have availability, the only attraction with no morning availability is SDD. MK has full availability for the morning and DAK also. Thats at 66 days out.

The Sense of Africa was amazing. I can't say enough good things about it, well worth the money I think. If we weren't doing Private Dessert Parties for the last Illuminations/ First Epcot Forever, I would have booked it for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter