**September 2019**

I have a Akershaus reservation at 8:35 on the 27th of September for 6. I will be canceling it in case anyone here would like to let me know to try and pick it up as I drop it. IM me if desired. Will cancel tomorrow by tomorrow.

great post right there, you just saved pool time. Was able to switch my FOP from afternoon to 9:30. Thanks for the heads up

Happy to help, don't want to miss pool time! :eek:

Hope everyone got a chance to pick up something better for them, I just happened to luck out and check the Fastpass availability and saw morning times for rides that shouldn't have had them. Gotta let my fellow September travelers know!

Happy to help, don't want to miss pool time! :eek:

Hope everyone got a chance to pick up something better for them, I just happened to luck out and check the Fastpass availability and saw morning times for rides that shouldn't have had them. Gotta let my fellow September travelers know!

I was pretty happy with my FOP time (1:30pm) for my day, but decided on a whim to check just now to see if any morning times were still available. I was able to get 8:35am. What in the world?! I'm still in shock. I figured they'd all be gone.

I was pretty happy with my FOP time (1:30pm) for my day, but decided on a whim to check just now to see if any morning times were still available. I was able to get 8:35am. What in the world?! I'm still in shock. I figured they'd all be gone.

Glad you got an earlier time! I actually swapped out my NRJ for FOP as well as moving up the 2 FOP we had. Least this way if we don't want to rope drop FOP we still will be able to ride it, but I suspect we will be rope dropping it anyway.

And the trip is now paid for, including getting gift cards for spending money. :cheer2:

Glad you got an earlier time! I actually swapped out my NRJ for FOP as well as moving up the 2 FOP we had. Least this way if we don't want to rope drop FOP we still will be able to ride it, but I suspect we will be rope dropping it anyway.

And the trip is now paid for, including getting gift cards for spending money. :cheer2:

We're actually not planning to rope drop this park, against every good judgment I have. (We did RD it last year, walked on to both FOP & NRJ.) We will be doing 2 super early mornings over at HS and my family would revolt if I made them get up super early for AK. It's just not our favorite park, though we do enjoy some of the rides there. We'll likely still get there around 8am with the regular rope drop crowd, so having the 8:35 FP will be perfect. We can work our way to our favorite rides and then head to the pool.

Myself, DH, DS 26, DS24, DDIL26, DDIL24 & DGD22 months will be at AOA 9/14-9/19. DGD first trip and our first time at AOA.

Quick question, how much money do you guys bring on your trips? I got an empty credit card with plenty on it but I am not trying to max out the card either LOL. I already have the food covered on DP but one half is QS and the other is TS. Going to be gone for like 11 days too. What do you guys set your budgets to?

Quick question, how much money do you guys bring on your trips? I got an empty credit card with plenty on it but I am not trying to max out the card either LOL. I already have the food covered on DP but one half is QS and the other is TS. Going to be gone for like 11 days too. What do you guys set your budgets to?

How much do you think you'll spend on souvenirs? I'm super cheap and only buy certain things, so we don't really spend a lot on "stuff." My favorite souvenirs are Christmas ornaments (maybe $30 each) and the Starbucks "You Are Here" or "Been There" mugs ($16-ish each)... because I use them daily and they're all the same size/shape so they stack. (See, I told you I'm a weirdo.) This year, I NEED a "Thank the Phonecians" shirt, so that's my only pre-planned souvenir expense for myself, and I'm thinking it will be $30 max. We'll get a family ornament and I give each of the kids some $ to put with their saved allowance, but that's about it for "stuff" for us. Overall, our "fun" budget is about $350 for this trip, and we rarely spend every bit of it.

We spend $50-75 (for a family of 4, usually there 6 nights) for bottled water, bananas, a few snacks, and some grab & go breakfast items like Pop Tarts (gross, but the kids love them) at the grocery store on the way in from the airport. That makes breakfast so much easier when you're getting up super early in the morning. We're also bringing our own coffee maker this time (Keurig) and K-cups because our resort doesn't have them yet and the EEMH will mean nothing is open yet. We'll still use our refillable mugs, but not likely that early in the morning, and I hate carrying them around all day. I have disposable Dixie cups with lids that we'll use first thing in the morning that we can toss. DH will carry his coffee, I'll carry my hot tea, and we'll each carry a bottle of water when we leave. We'll be done with all of that by the time we walk into the park, and be free of carrying a lot.

You'll need tips for TS meals... but unless you plan to eat a ton, you shouldn't need a lot of extra $ for snacks and other food. Last year when we were there, we ate way less than we thought we would because we were so hot and nothing even sounded good besides a Dole Whip. Ha!

Friendship boat it up!

That's what I'm thinking at this point. We've never ridden those, so it will be something new we can do!

We do deluxe dining, so that accounts for about $800 in tips alone, which I bring a gift card for. For souvenirs and extra things that aren’t on the dining plan (beer flights, mainly😂) we bring another $500 in cash and $500 on another gift card.

What we did was charge everything to our room and I’d pay it off each night at the resort so I’d have a zero balance. I didn’t feel like bringing gift cards this time but I’m a little confused on the credit card process now. Is it just $100 hold if I charge to the room each day? I haven’t read much about it lately.

What are the Disney movies you have to watch before a Disney trip? I'm thinking The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and Finding Nemo are probably the movies with the biggest presence in the parks.

What are the Disney movies you have to watch before a Disney trip? I'm thinking The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and Finding Nemo are probably the movies with the biggest presence in the parks.
So my friend and I have been planning our trip for so long, we made a list of great classic disney movies to assist with the countdown, we’ve basically been watching at least 1 a week since about last September? We’re going in chronological order as well which has been fascinating, to see how they all changed? Started right at the beginning with Snow White. It’s been such a fun way to countdown to our trip!! Also with things like HEA having so many references, there were a couple of movies like Wreck It Ralph and Big Hero 6 I hadn’t seen yet, I feel like I can appreciate the references more now that I have context!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter