**September 2019**

Ok, who's been to EEMH at HS or MK? I know they are canceled for tomorrow, but I can't wait to hear about how HS is!

Reports I read made it seem like you can really get everything done before 10am multiple times over! I am so glad the crowds aren’t gross right now but I also don’t know if this is a fluke cause of Dorian.

Daughter managed to get the last flight out of Newark on Monday night. Delayed by three hours but she arrived safely and has been allocated a fantastic Savannah view room at AKL. She was allowed to upgrade UK 14 day tickets to AP and purchased TiW and so armed she went off in search of food last night to find Jiko closed and Victoria Fall not serving food, but she discovered a sparkling drink that changed colours in the lounge so was content 😂.
Meanwhile son and I changed our MCO flights to Tampa so hopefully will arrive today. Has anyone taken Uber or Lyft from Tampa to MCO (where our car hire is)? Alamo won’t change the booking.

Leave tomorrow afternoon! Looking promising that my flight will go out on time. Spending the first two days at Universal. So excited!!!

Us too!! Tonight, we're stopping in St Augustine to stay with college friends of my hubby's, then we're off to Universal Thursday through Saturday -- checking into Disney on Sunday!

Has anyone who cancelled/delayed due to Dorian rebooked? I'm wondering if the empty parks this week will translate into higher crowds in the coming weeks.

Has anyone who cancelled/delayed due to Dorian rebooked? I'm wondering if the empty parks this week will translate into higher crowds in the coming weeks.
I am wondering the same thing myself. We arrive 9/14 just for 4 nights to do a Farewell Illuminations trip, no hopper this time so have full days to get lots done but still hoping for it being somewhat quiet. I know arrival day being a Saturday in Epcot for F&W will be busy but hoping Monday and Tuesday are calm.

Reports I read made it seem like you can really get everything done before 10am multiple times over! I am so glad the crowds aren’t gross right now but I also don’t know if this is a fluke cause of Dorian.

I'm waiting on updated info on this too. I'd love to get a free TSL EMM out of this(we would have been happy to pay for one had they been held). We would head straight to TSL and skip GE. Several bloggers reported riding SDD 6-7 times in an hour. But as you mentioned, is that the norm, or Dorian related?

Nice!!!

We're hoping they are going to be able to keep us in the same room rather than having us transfer since it's the same resort and room type (preferred King)!

That's funny... I'm supposed to be in preferred King as well.
Hopefully you can stay and not have to transfer, especially if it's only after 1 night. :)

I'd love to get a free TSL EMM out of this(we would have been happy to pay for one had they been held).

Several bloggers reported riding SDD 6-7 times in an hour. But as you mentioned, is that the norm, or Dorian related?
That’s really only been possible in the 6:00 hour, even on the least busy days so far. After 7 the posted wait has typically been 20 minutes for SDD, longer still after 8:15. Still excellent but not EMM excellent.

I am super excited. We are just over 2 weeks away from going! Super excited to do F&W and see Galaxy's Edge even though it is costing me too much :)

I am also excited to stay at an Epcot resort for the first time. I have always wanted to stay at Beach Club so now that is happening.

Question about Magical Express. About how long is it from stepping off the plane until you are at your resort? I did it way back in 2007 when we stayed at the Poly and I don't even remember.

That’s really only been possible in the 6:00 hour, even on the least busy days so far. After 7 the posted wait has typically been 20 minutes for SDD, longer still after 8:15. Still excellent but not EMM excellent.

Yeah we are hoping to use the 6am-7am hour for that. Not even sure if that will stand post storm crowds.

I am super excited. We are just over 2 weeks away from going! Super excited to do F&W and see Galaxy's Edge even though it is costing me too much :)

I am also excited to stay at an Epcot resort for the first time. I have always wanted to stay at Beach Club so now that is happening.

Question about Magical Express. About how long is it from stepping off the plane until you are at your resort? I did it way back in 2007 when we stayed at the Poly and I don't even remember.
I give us 2 hours. Any shorter than that is a win for me!

We are usually to the resort in about 90 minutes.

We are usually to the resort in about 90 minutes.

yes 90 minutes or less has been the norm for us. Our resort has always been last (AKL) but I am not sure where BCV will be in the rotation. We stayed at YC in 2017 but i can't remember when we were dropped off.

We leave 9/21 as well. It’s the best month crowd and cost wise you just have the hurricane gamble! Look at it this way Dorian was a beast and people there only lost half a day and a few canceled up charge events.

Thank you! I'm trying to think positive. It's such an unpredictable thing and we won't know if there will be a hurricane until a week or so leading up. My heart literally broke when people were canceling for this week :(

I didn't consider overflow from canceled trips later in the month affecting crowds. I don't blame them at all for rescheduling. That's exactly what I would do in that situation but I hope it balances out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter