September 2021 Car Rental Watch

This budget code has been mentioned in many posts. Any idea where it is from or if it applies only to Florida rentals? S341840

Avis through Costco is down to $430 for my dates 9/4-9/15. It includes a $20 gift card for my full size rental so basically $410. I’d be thrilled to get under $400 now, but I’m happy with that if it doesn’t change anymore.

I was also able to rebook my flights for $75 cheaper (and that's saying something.. I booked in Feb 2021 the morning the Sept flight schedule was released and the outlook was still pretty grim pre-vaccine and prices were low then.. I think that's telling..)

Another reminder to be checking your flights too! This morning my September flights dropped another 3,600 points ($54).

Avis through Costco is down to $430 for my dates 9/4-9/15. It includes a $20 gift card for my full size rental so basically $410. I’d be thrilled to get under $400 now, but I’m happy with that if it doesn’t change anymore.
Down to $417 with the $20 Costco card I’m under $400. It’s had three small price drops today.

How is Avis through MCO?

I can save about $10 extra while getting a $20 Costco card compared to my current reservation but I've never gone through them before.

For now I saved about $4 through Alamo and Costco but upgraded to a full size.

Huge drop for me! Yesterday, I reserved Sept. 29-Oct 6 with Alamo through Costco for pick-up / drop-off at the Disney Car Care Center... $266 for an intermediate size. Was only a few dollars more for a full size car as well.

How is Avis through MCO?

I can save about $10 extra while getting a $20 Costco card compared to my current reservation but I've never gone through them before.

For now I saved about $4 through Alamo and Costco but upgraded to a full size.
I used them in May. I had signed up for their preferred membership years ago, since we hadn’t rented with them in a while I had to stop by the preferred desk in the garage to show ID. There was no wait to do this. This trip I should be able to skip that step and go straight to the car. I love Alamo, but I can’t justify the cost to rent with them when Avis is cheaper and nearly as convenient.

My September 23 thru October 2 rate dropped again today. AAA rate thru Dollar for a midsize car is down to $306. Beats my Costco rates.

We are officially two weeks away from our pick up date, and I suspect that our rate has possibly bottomed out. We locked in on Tuesday of this past week for $320 on a midsize SUV with Alamo, full 7 day rental (Saturday to Saturday), with a free extra driver. It's only gone up (and held steady) since then, and this is the longest stretch in the last 3 weeks without any rate declines. We started right around the $650 mark for a car when we booked our trip in April, and back then I was barely hopeful that we'd whittle it down to $500.....so I'm completely satisfied with $320 for an SUV. My competitive spirit wanted to say we got it down to to $299 (because that just sounds so much better! lol) but I'm A-okay with how far we managed to come.

I'll likely watch for another 10 days, then do the online check-in right around the 1st of September if there's been no further movement.

I am so happy to see the later September travelers yielding the same drops as our early month dates!

We are officially two weeks away from our pick up date, and I suspect that our rate has possibly bottomed out. We locked in on Tuesday of this past week for $320 on a midsize SUV with Alamo, full 7 day rental (Saturday to Saturday), with a free extra driver. It's only gone up (and held steady) since then, and this is the longest stretch in the last 3 weeks without any rate declines. We started right around the $650 mark for a car when we booked our trip in April, and back then I was barely hopeful that we'd whittle it down to $500.....so I'm completely satisfied with $320 for an SUV. My competitive spirit wanted to say we got it down to to $299 (because that just sounds so much better! lol) but I'm A-okay with how far we managed to come.

I'll likely watch for another 10 days, then do the online check-in right around the 1st of September if there's been no further movement.

I am so happy to see the later September travelers yielding the same drops as our early month dates!
That's great! Cut in half :)

Has anyone used Sixt? Their rates have dropped considerably and now are lower than Alamo? I think they have a counter at MCO? Thoughts?

Has anyone used Sixt? Their rates have dropped considerably and now are lower than Alamo? I think they have a counter at MCO? Thoughts?
They are incredibly well known in Europe, where they've been in business since 1912. The only thing they don't have, at least as far as I am aware, is a way to skip the counter. They are on property at MCO, I would use them over some of the other companies on site and all of them off site.

Returned my full size Camry bill $313 for the week. Was the only Toyota in the lane at 10am.

Oddly, they asked for our flight info when we exiting Alamo. And interestingly, the first time I got a warning on my phone that my car was to be returned in 2 hours. ( I do have the Alamo app).

My Saturday to Saturday (+ 6 hours) reservation with Alamo has annoying held steady or gone up across all car classes. Budget has come down to beat my lowest Alamo price by $18, so I booked that (with Costco so I believe that will still let me skip the line since I provided my fastbreak number?) but am still hoping Alamo comes down over the next few weeks as I'd be less stressed using them vs Budget!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter