September 4th, 2023 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay) ~DVC Member's Cruise~

Are there concerns here about weather? Something in the Yucatán? We are flying in next Saturday. When are you flying in?
Haven’t heard anything myself yet but will be on the lookout. We are flying in Sat evening as well.

Are there concerns here about weather? Something in the Yucatán? We are flying in next Saturday. When are you flying in?

Haven’t heard anything myself yet but will be on the lookout. We are flying in Sat evening as well.
There's a tropical depression in the Gulf that's currently aiming at the Florida Panhandle and is expected to pass through on Tuesday/Wednesday. So it shouldn't affect you if you're not arriving until Saturday. There's a good thread on the TPAS forum you might want to follow: https://www.disboards.com/threads/this-storm-in-the-gulf….3928461/.

There's a tropical depression in the Gulf that's currently aiming at the Florida Panhandle and is expected to pass through on Tuesday/Wednesday. So it shouldn't affect you if you're not arriving until Saturday. There's a good thread on the TPAS forum you might want to follow: https://www.disboards.com/threads/this-storm-in-the-gulf….3928461/.
Hi Everyone - we are flying in on Friday and doing MNSSHP, then hanging out a couple of days at the Poly. Hoping we get some Pixie Dust and we end up with beautiful weather so we can all enjoy! We’ve been members since 2002 and have been on other Disney cruises but this is our first Member Cruise and we are so excited. Looking forward to hopefully meeting everyone!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone - we are flying in on Friday and doing MNSSHP, then hanging out a couple of days at the Poly. Hoping we get some Pixie Dust and we end up with beautiful weather so we can all enjoy! We’ve been members since 2002 and have been on other Disney cruises but this is our first Member Cruise and we are so excited. Looking forward to hopefully meeting everyone!
I hope you enjoy this Member Cruise. I really enjoy the presentations. We have been Members since 2003, and this is probably my 10th.

Have a great time at the MNSSHP! We have a family vacation later in September and we are going to one then.

Dave and Helga checking in. Members since 2002, this is our first Member cruise and we’re excited. Poly pre stay, but hoping to splurge and get a cabin for a couple of nights at the 7 month window. Looking forward to meeting everyone
Did you get a cabin?

Thanks for this post! I just spent a couple of hours moving plans around to hopefully arrive ahead of most of it, flying out late Monday instead of Tuesday. Got caught last year waiting too long and ended up not being able to fly until two days later than planned. Still made the cruise out of Miami but had to cancel all of the pre-cruise plans.

Thanks for this post! I just spent a couple of hours moving plans around to hopefully arrive ahead of most of it, flying out late Monday instead of Tuesday. Got caught last year waiting too long and ended up not being able to fly until two days later than planned. Still made the cruise out of Miami but had to cancel all of the pre-cruise plans.
We got a bungalow for two nights. We ”blew” a lot of our points, but thought we would make it a bucket list trip. Staying in a studio the first night then a bungalow the next two night. We are beyond excited.

We didn’t book any activities this cruise,since we didn’t want to miss any of the presentations. Also first time on the Wish so we didn’t book Palo, really wanted to experience all 3 dining rooms. Not sure if this was a smart move, what are your thoughts?

Good luck to those getting out ahead of the storm.

We didn’t book any activities this cruise,since we didn’t want to miss any of the presentations. Also first time on the Wish so we didn’t book Palo, really wanted to experience all 3 dining rooms. Not sure if this was a smart move, what are your thoughts?
I’d agree on not booking activities, as the member cruise presentations are awesome! I made the mistake last year in Alaska of booking Palo brunch on what I thought was a “safe” day to do so, and had to miss something that lasted longer than expected into lunch time. So, I think you’ve got a good plan to be able fo experience all of the special MC happenings.

Re the dining rooms, since you’ve not yet done the Wish, I think it is good to experience them all at least this once. 1923 is my favorite wirh all of the Disney animation history. I am hoping to get that one twice in the rotation. They are all so different from those on the other ships. I’m not a huge Marvel fan, but can still appreciate the theming there and in the Frozen place. So many little details, and some fun interactions.

Enjoy that bungalow!! It is also a bucket list stay for me too at some point in the future.

I cancelled an excursion for Nassau because I rather would explore the ship. It‘s my first time on the Wish. I did book Palo on the night I believe will be pirate night.

I cancelled an excursion for Nassau because I rather would explore the ship. It‘s my first time on the Wish. I did book Palo on the night I believe will be pirate night.
Pirate Night is on our Castaway Cay day (Wednesday, 9/6) weather permitting.

Don’t know if this will be offered during the MC, but there was a very informative tour of the ship, sort of like the Art of Theme on the Dream, which ran a few times a day last summer and the CM shares all sorts of interesting things about the Disney themed design elements around the ship. We had to sign up at guest services because it was so popular since the ship was new. Not sure if it is still there, or if signups are still needed.

Looking forward to this cruise. We are flying in on Friday and staying at SSR until Monday morning. Good luck to you all on your journeys!

Random thought, if you have time before we board, and have Disney+, check out the National Geographic show “Making of the Disney Wish. Whether you’ve been on the ship before or this will be your first Wish cruise, it’s very interesting. I’m watching it again now.

Random thought, if you have time before we board, and have Disney+, check out the National Geographic show “Making of the Disney Wish. Whether you’ve been on the ship before or this will be your first Wish cruise, it’s very interesting. I’m watching it again now.
Good idea. Tom realized he doesn’t know where soft serve is on this ship!

We arrive on Saturday, and at SSR. All free on Sunday if anyone wants to meet, by a pool, at Artist Palette, or somewhere else.

Tom realized he doesn’t know where soft serve is on this ship!
We need to be sure he can get his ice cream, as long as he doesn’t take all of the banana s when it is one off the flavors.pooh: I don’t this will get that specific.

Also re that NatGeo Wish special, if you don’t have Disney+ and will be staying at a WDW resort, it is in the Disney On Demand in the room television, under the NatGeo heading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter