September 9-11GKTW DIS Family Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who bought more than 1 ticket, were you able to enter each person's name? I wasn't, so I currently have all the tickets just in my name.

I bought 2 tickets and they are both in my name. I only entered my info once and didn't see a place to put the other person's info.

I'm so excited to be going. This will be the makeup trip for a trip we were supposed to take in May to celebrate me graduating and getting my degree. We currently have a room booked at the Gran Destino tower but we are going to reevaluate once we find out if the Poly contract that is in ROFR goes through. We may switch to the Poly or BLT if there is room.

For those who bought more than 1 ticket, were you able to enter each person's name? I wasn't, so I currently have all the tickets just in my name.
I had the same issue. I hope whomever is in charge, will contact us to get the correct info. So obviously we are going - bringing hubby Keith this time. We are not staying on property - they are just getting ridiculous with their rates. We will be staying at one of the Disney Springs area hotels.

We are not staying on property - they are just getting ridiculous with their rates.
We almost never stay onsite and don't plan to for this either. I agree that the prices are just nuts.

We are booked at the Contemporary garden wing for the 50th anniversary and the reservation is currently at rack rate of $700/night. It is absolute lunacy.

We almost never stay onsite and don't plan to for this either. I agree that the prices are just nuts.

We are booked at the Contemporary garden wing for the 50th anniversary and the reservation is currently at rack rate of $700/night. It is absolute lunacy.
We are at CR too for the 50th Anniversary. The prices were nuts.

This is purely my speculation and nothing more.

I think Disney has to offer some discounts on hotel rooms the first half of next year and I think they will be a greater discount than the discount we're getting. I was really surprised after hearing John say how great the rates were and the discount is only 10%. I stayed at the Contemporary last August for the Dis Anniversary and it was less than half of what it is next March. Yes, I know that it's spring/spring break. But if you look at Disney now, they are holding off on announcing discounts until the last possible moment. They didn't announce the Fall/Winter discounts until the Summer ones were almost over.

I think a lot of people are going to book outside the block and/or use DVC because of better pricing which doesn't help meeting the block requirements. I know when I did an event back 2017 that Disney's sales team wanted us to buy a minimum of 900 rooms (on average) at Coronado Springs each night, for the 7 nights of the event and wanted a $330,000 minimum for Food and Beverage outside of restaurants, bars and retail outlets. Disney was firm and not budging on that. Without it we would have to have paid for our meeting space. We said Thanks, but no thanks. I wonder if GKTW/Dreams is getting a really sweetheart of a deal or if they believe they will fill the block. Eh, we have til Feb 22 to decide on rooms and there's always The Hilton as DS. Steve and Hedberg are correct, pricing for the 50th is nuts.

Oh, and top of the costs for this event my AP expires, wait for it, on March 24th!

Last edited:
Anyone know if anything is included in the galaxy's edge price like food or beverage? Just thinking of the Dis' private party in Diagon Alley and that one had drinks included.

Anyone know if anything is included in the galaxy's edge price like food or beverage? Just thinking of the Dis' private party in Diagon Alley and that one had drinks included.
@Ohio State Buckeyes - On the FAQ's, for the event, if you look on the SWGE portion, it does say some food/beverage will be provided with the ticket price (not specific about what, but it does say specific menu provided), and that other F&B will be available for purchase at Og's Cantina and Milk Stand.

https://gktw.org/disfam/faq.php

Last edited:
@Ohio State Buckeyes - On the FAQ's, for the event, if you look on the SWGE portion, it does say some food/beverage will be provided with the ticket price (not specific about what, but it does say specific menu provided), and that other F&B will be available for purchase at Og's Cantina and Milk Stand.

https://gktw.org/disfam/faq.php

That sounds similar to the most recent events (Pandora, EPCOT) where there was food provided (this was after hours so was more desserts and snacks, assume this would be similar) and non-alcoholic drinks and then had a cash bar

I’m going to get a ticket then work out the logistic of the trip flights/hotels and if I can go.

okay not the most sensible way of doing things but seeing how crazy everything is a the moment think its my best option.

also at the end of the day, if it works out I can’t go and lose the money on the tickets, as the cash is going to such a good cause I won’t be that upset
hoppe you can make it Kate! It'll be good to see you again.

I'm going to take the plunge and purchase the tickets.. can't do so until Friday (payday). Don't think I'll have any problem getting the time off from work although it's a bit early to put in for it - LOL. nonetheless, i'm planning on going and I'm very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter