~ September ~ good and / or bad time

elmonshea

I need a Disney Vacation !
Is the month of September ( last 2 weeks) a good time to go???
How is the weather?
" " " Crowd?
" " " Rain Fall?
etc, etc
Is there anything going on during that month that will bring more people like conventions or anything?
Just trying to make a quick get away during this time but wanted to see how all was during this time
Thanks to all that reply!!

Last 2 weeks of september are pretty perfect!
little to no waits (during the week of course - weekends will be a bit busier)
passing rain showers...we only had one washout afternoon where we just holed up at the resort for the afternoon
heat/humidity - bearable...I didn't find it oppressive at all. (being from the northeast I'm used to humidity)

It's pretty much the most perfect time (in my book) to visit!

We were there for our honeymoon last september, and will be there this september for our 1st anniversary!

plus - it's still value season! :)

we've been during June, July, August, and last year in Sept., and believe me, Sept. is the time to go! d 85-90, and only 1o minutes of rain the whole 8 days we were there! In fact, we liked it so well that we are going back this year 9-11 to 9-18! If you go, we hope you have a wonderful time!::MinnieMo

I arrived at WDW on 9/14/01 (yes, you read that right)

The crowd situation was uniquely light, but the weather was what amazed me. I arrived during tropical storm Gabrielle. The first half day was miserable. But behind the storm, we had the most glorious weather - the usual late-summer humidity was nowhere to be found for the next six days. Apparently this always happens behind the big storms.

So if possible, try to schedule a September visit immediately after a tropical storm or a hurricane.

Originally posted by stinkerbelle
Last 2 weeks of september are pretty perfect!
little to no waits (during the week of course - weekends will be a bit busier)
passing rain showers...we only had one washout afternoon where we just holed up at the resort for the afternoon
heat/humidity - bearable...I didn't find it oppressive at all. (being from the northeast I'm used to humidity)

It's pretty much the most perfect time (in my book) to visit!

We were there for our honeymoon last september, and will be there this september for our 1st anniversary!

plus - it's still value season! :)

I will be there Sept 19-26 for my honeymoon at POR!

We're going 09/10 thru 9/19 ! Remember to bring ponchos for the afternoon showers but otherwise it's a great time to go crowdwise ! :wave2:

We went 4 years ago in September had a great time. Weather was warm but bearable, it did rain part of some of the days but didn't stop us from doing anything. The crowds are low so lines went fast. Going again 9/9/04 to 9/16/04 and staying at CBR can't wait just my DH and myself!!! Don't forget poncos and if you have them waterproof sandles or flip flops.

Hope you have a great time!

We were down there 9/12/99 - 9/26/99 and it was warm but bearable. It was actully during hurricane floyd, when they actually closed wdw for the first time. We were on a cruise when they closed wdw and they did their best to keep us in the sun and they did!! We went out and around the hurricane. By the time we got to wdw, probably 9/16 or 17 you couldn't even tell. Lines were great...I hope it is that way when we go for our trip 9/3 - 9/6!! Except for the hurricane, of course.

Originally posted by Piglet42
I will be there Sept 19-26 for my honeymoon at POR!

congratulations! Hope you have your 'ears'! :)

One more thing about September...yes, the park hours are SHORTER (sometimes)...but you can accomplish MUCH MORE during the day then, say, July!

we found we went to DTD/DQ/PI much more with the shorter hours...and mini golf at night is just too much fun!

oh - bring some bug spray! totally forgot to mention that...it is "love bug season" (weirdest bugs I've ever seen)...I didn't find that they BOTHERED us that much - but they are everywhere...but one night when we went walking outside at WL...I'm glad I put bug spray on!

Thank you all for the heads up and tips!!!
It sounds like a great time to be there...
Now I just have to talk DH into going at that time :sunny:

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter