September hours- is it just me?

I'd be really surprised if they didn't increase MK hours, especially given the number of party nights they have.

Shorter hours mean I can see fireworks and still get to bed at a reasonable time.
I can sleep when I’m home- my goal is to pack as much time in the parks while there, especially when crowds tend to decrease.
It costs so much, makes me feel like I’m not getting as much of a “value” as others did over the summer. I get it though, in Disney’s eyes not as much of a need.

I can sleep when I’m home- my goal is to pack as much time in the parks while there, especially when crowds tend to decrease.
It costs so much, makes me feel like I’m not getting as much of a “value” as others did over the summer. I get it though, in Disney’s eyes not as much of a need.
I think this way too, but I HATE being so tired in the parks I'm not enjoying myself, So yeah, if I get another hour or two of good rem sleep. im ok.

This is one of those iffy times. With most of the country just in, or just about to start school, I expect it will be a bit slower. Not as many people on vacation at that point. Then again, I am normally wrong...

Yes but September is "value" season, so everything does cost a little less.

Went Labor Day week last year and it was 9PM closes for all parks (except Saturday, MK was 11PM). DHS & AK might get extended, and maybe Saturday for MK.

We just planned a 9/22 to 9/25 trip, missed the 60 days. I’m hoping DHS hours for 9/22 are extended past 8:00 so I can grab a Slinky Dog FP and AK on 9/23 so I can grab a FOP. 8:00 close seems way early for both those parks.

We just planned a 9/22 to 9/25 trip, missed the 60 days. I’m hoping DHS hours for 9/22 are extended past 8:00 so I can grab a Slinky Dog FP and AK on 9/23 so I can grab a FOP. 8:00 close seems way early for both those parks.
Keep watching my friend checked at three this morning and there were fast passes for FOP at one and two in the afternoon but when I woke up an hour later they were gone.

Last year mid-september HS was only open till 8:30 and AK till 9 and Pandora was still quite "new". I don't expect to see any change. If there is .... yay, surprise!!!

I’m patiently waiting for updated hours as well. We are there September 4-9.

FYI, For those looking for hours to be extended the first week of September, Disney has a special package called “Disney Ultimate Fall Into Magic” package September 3-8 that involves some private after hours events for those on the package. (We are booked for it). On September 5 there is a special after hours event at AK. On September 6 there is a special after hours event at DHS. Also the MNSSHP at MK is on both September 3, 7 and 9.

So I wouldn’t expect closing hours to be adjusted on any of these nights.

Last edited:
FYI, For those looking for hours to be extended the first week of September, Disney has a special package called “Disney Ultimate Fall Into Magic” package September 3-8 that involves some private after hours events for those on the package. (We are booked for it). On September 5 there is a special after hours event at AK. On September 6 there is a special after hours event at DHS. Also the MNSSHP at MK is on both September 7 and 9.

This is why I doubt the hours will extend.

Last year one night everything was closed by 9 so we went to the pool. It was packed. Apparently nobody wanted to go to bed.

I got an email earlier from Touring Plans showing revised hours for September. MK now closing at 9 on non party nights. AK an HS also is showing some later closings.

I received an email today from Touring Plans.
Saturday Sept. 8th MK Closing time changed from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Saturday Sept. 15th MK Closing time changed from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm and HS closing changed from 8:30 pm to 9:00 pm.

I received an email today from Touring Plans.
Saturday Sept. 8th MK Closing time changed from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Saturday Sept. 15th MK Closing time changed from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm and HS closing changed from 8:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
Actually on Sept 15th MK was 11pm but as of about 15 minutes ago it was showing 10pm!
And I don't get that they changed HS to 9p on the 15th and 16th and AK to 9p on the 16th only. But no other dates in Sept?! All the other days we are there HS and AK is either 8pm or 8:30pm??
So....after Labor day.....only one day out of the entire month AK is 9pm??? They are getting nutty!!!! :crazy2:

I'm with the folks that are looking forward to early fireworks due to the early hours. My boys are 4 and 10 months. If they extend the hours will they make the night shows later? Last time we went was Christmas and waiting until 10 and 11 with little ones is super challenging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter