SEPTEMBER Pen Pal Letter Swap-Sent/Received/Discussions/Weekly Check In.....

Pickled cactus???:laughing:

I had someone send me cactus salsa in one of the DIS exchanges. (not good or bad--it was rather bland:rotfl:). My brother used to send me pistachios from the Arizona Pistachio Company.

Navajo fry bread---would not be very good after mailing. Had some at the Arizona State Fair when I was younger. :love:

Cindy

I look forward to searching things out. Who knows what I will find.
I am carless for now, so depends on when I can get one of the kids to drive me around.
I will start working on the letters tomorrow.

Welcome back Missy.

For those of you who have not yet checked in for this week, please do so on this thread.

Hi all!!! Just back from WDW!!! We had agreat time and was pleasantly surprised by low crowds and short waits.

I have a few ideas for my food. I am still waiting for my letter and am excited to see where I get to travel!!!:thumbsup2

Hi all!!! Just back from WDW!!! We had agreat time and was pleasantly surprised by low crowds and short waits.

I have a few ideas for my food. I am still waiting for my letter and am excited to see where I get to travel!!!:thumbsup2

See my post on the August thread. I was off one number in your address and the letter arrived "home" on Monday. It was sent back out with the correct address on Tuesday. I sure hope that you get it soon. Sorry for the mistake.

Cindy

P.S.I can PM you the "where you get it travel" if you want.

Patsy - Thank you SO much for my package!! The chocolate covered macadamia nuts are DELICIOUS!! I really liked them! DD saw the box and immediately asked to try some as well - according to her, they are "yummy in her tummy!" I also enjoyed the letter, thanks again!

I'm planning on getting mine out in tomorrow's mail, and will post here once I've mailed them!

See my post on the August thread. I was off one number in your address and the letter arrived "home" on Monday. It was sent back out with the correct address on Tuesday. I sure hope that you get it soon. Sorry for the mistake.

Cindy

Yes, could you please pm her the info. Thank you Cindy.

Patsy - Thank you SO much for my package!! The chocolate covered macadamia nuts are DELICIOUS!! I really liked them! DD saw the box and immediately asked to try some as well - according to her, they are "yummy in her tummy!" I also enjoyed the letter, thanks again!

I'm planning on getting mine out in tomorrow's mail, and will post here once I've mailed them!

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed them. :goodvibes

Edna - Made the strawberry spinach salad tonight and it was really delicious! We'll definitely be adding this to our rotation!

I'm going to see what the grocery store has to offer on some locally made stuff.

Got my boxes sent out today. I think they said Saturday and Monday for deliveries. They are marked fragile everywhere, and I packed them pretty good, so hopefully they'll make it to you safely!

Not having good luck here.
I can find nothing made in AZ in any of the stores I have looked at. At least not food.
Mexico ::yes::

And letters are on the computer, but printer didn't survive the move :(

Not having good luck here.
I can find nothing made in AZ in any of the stores I have looked at. At least not food.
Mexico ::yes::

And letters are on the computer, but printer didn't survive the move :(

Nancy, when I think of AZ foods, my first thought is rattlesnake jerky and prickly pear products...:)

can't find them around here.
I need to search out some specialty stores I guess.
They have the prickly pear candy at the airport, I have bought it many times, but I don't plan on being there anytime soon :rolleyes:

I have one more plan.....will attempt it this weekend. Can order things online too, but most want to sell it by the case!! :eek:

I went to London today and bought some food, just need to work on the letter and research now!

Cindy

Definitely worth the wait! You sent a fabulous letter and I loved reading your answers!!! I am also going to try the Deviled Egg recipe for my BBQ tomorrow! Thanks!:goodvibes

If you have not yet checked in for this week, please remember to do so here.

Glad to hear of the arrival, and letters sent out.

Nancy, sorry to hear that your printer did not make it safely to you. :(

If anyone needs help with ideas, feel free to pm me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter