• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Trip Reports

This IS easy, @cinderellagirl2280 .

In typical Saban fashion, after halftime Bama will grind out the clock, substitute liberally, and remove starters to keep everyone healthy for next week's game versus Texas.

And hey, Utah St. is not a bad team. They won their Power 5 conference championship last year (Mountain West Conference). They're just playing against what is essentially year-in-and-year-out the 33rd franchise of the NFL.

And Coach Saban just signed an 8-year contract extension. :happytv:

Hope you arrive safely at the Fort. I'll be following along and we will be there ourselves later this year. Never been in September so I'm interested in what you think about visiting this time of year.

Take care! Bama Ed
LOVE September at the Fort. Not too busy. Crowd levels are usually 1s or 2s. Downside is the weather. It’s still hot and the chances of hurricanes are always there.

LOVE September at the Fort. Not too busy. Crowd levels are usually 1s or 2s. Downside is the weather. It’s still hot and the chances of hurricanes are always there.
Back in ancient times when we went once or twice a year, it was either May or September. Always nice time to go. In fact, September is our favorite month here. And a bonus, love bugs haven't shown up yet! Well, here anyway. They might be there at the Dis. by now.

Heading to the Fort later this week. Can someone currently there post a picture of the activities calender for September? Trying to plan our movie schedule. Thank you.

Took a bus ride tonight down to the settlement on the purple bus. Fences are still up for most of the ride. It really makes the place look kinda junky.

It really does. (I climb up on my soapbox).

my_eyes_zpsd75a97d0.gif

However, what's behind the fence is even worse. CM's working at Hoop, P&J's, TrailsEnd park on a dirt circle road back there (Google Earth) behind the Pioneer Hall building so at least you're not looking at the cheap parking lot.

Doesn't Disney have a big nursery behind AK to grow bushes, trees, flowers, etc. that can be transplanted? Or maybe they can run by Home Depot and buy something to plant in lieu of the fence to block the view.

If they had planted something (cheap on their purchasing scale), watered and fertilized the heck out of it when they deferred R********** (will-not-say-its-name) months ago, the plants would have grown up enough to block the view and the fences could have come down by now.

Idiots.

(off my soapbox now).

ED

Fences are still up for most of the ride. It really makes the place look kinda junky.
Those fences by the Settlement bus stop and behind the buildings are to hide the abomination that was to be the Reflections resort. It is pretty much an abandoned construction zone. As bad as the fences look, it is better than what's behind.

j

Last edited:
Those fences by the Settlement bus stop and behind the buildings are to hide the abomination that was to be the Reflections resort. It is pretty much an abandoned construction zone. As bad as the fences look, it is better than what's behind.

j
Ya I was here back in 2019 when that crap was started. At least we got our beach back but I wish they would take some pride in the campground. It’s always full and they can’t say they aren’t making money off of us

I've been wondering the same thing, Jimmy.

I thought it was the buffet being the issue, but they announced last week that some of the other buffets are back. At this point it probably is a $$$ thing. Staffing seems to be better and Covid doesn't seem to be a concern anymore, so money is the only other thing.

j

Bo and Scout are back at the Fort! This is our first trip in our new camper. Please excuse the towel on the floor, the pups have been decorating with drool.

Attachments

• 390E1C99-8B0C-41D7-9591-A4702FC3BDC3.jpeg
    390E1C99-8B0C-41D7-9591-A4702FC3BDC3.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2D9DF1D4-D03B-40DF-8BFA-F5B695B79B5D.jpeg
    2D9DF1D4-D03B-40DF-8BFA-F5B695B79B5D.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
  • BD6DA4C8-BF15-4A57-9A6D-D2CA6B35C280.jpeg
    BD6DA4C8-BF15-4A57-9A6D-D2CA6B35C280.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 17
  • 8769A08E-D473-4B6D-9C6F-08A809C0D604.jpeg
    8769A08E-D473-4B6D-9C6F-08A809C0D604.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 16
  • AAE4C78C-7F58-49E5-B547-3E89A23990D2.jpeg
    AAE4C78C-7F58-49E5-B547-3E89A23990D2.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
  • BF1E910C-A5B2-4EB6-ADB0-0D1E6D4109C3.jpeg
    BF1E910C-A5B2-4EB6-ADB0-0D1E6D4109C3.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 4EB2F6D6-8B5D-4D5B-A693-408D999B050E.jpeg
    4EB2F6D6-8B5D-4D5B-A693-408D999B050E.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 12AFA461-20C0-4928-A2A2-BE3B1F563088.jpeg
    12AFA461-20C0-4928-A2A2-BE3B1F563088.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 16
  • D2ECFC39-8B44-4CE9-8AE7-9237F75D2BB2.jpeg
    D2ECFC39-8B44-4CE9-8AE7-9237F75D2BB2.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 17
We had a great first week of our stay, but we had a bit of a hiccup this week, as we all came down with Covid. Not surprising, with how everyone is packed in in the preshows for some of the rides.

Fortunately, it’s been manageable for all of us. Adults are triple vaxxed, and kids are double. I think that has helped. Our isolation officially ended today, but we are waiting an extra day to get out beyond the fort.

In the meantime, we’ve enjoyed our golf cart, scavenger hunting, and nighttime fireworks.

We knew this was a likely possibility, but FW has been a good place to be if you need to lie low for a bit.

Learned along the way:
Advent Health works with Disney and offers telehealth appointments to guests and cast members. More info on the FW info TV channel. Enter Guest10 for 10% off. The Advent doctors will prescribe Paxlovid to those who qualify. It helped my husband immensely.

Pharmacies are a bit far away… especially 24 hour ones. We went to the CVS on West Sand Creek to pick up a Paxlovid prescription. 30 minute drive. They are also super busy and understaffed late at night. You can call to check status to see if they have your prescription ready to minimize the wait.

If you don’t have fresh antibodies, bring a bunch of Covid tests so you have them if you need them.

Our doctor recommended masking for 5 days after isolating, so maybe bring along some good masks, too.

We had to cancel the Universal portion of our stay. It was booked using Chase Ultimate Rewards points, and we are currently working on getting points refunded. There was no facility for travel insurance for a point redemption booking, but I’ve heard others have successfully been refunded. Let’s hope we are! I’ll try and update when we get word. Chase Customer Service has been very nice to work with; but they have had a difficult time contacting their vendor.

We might venture out in a bit for some mini golf. I think the kids would enjoy it.

We have two more park days left and are hopeful we can use them before we depart. We canceled all indoor dining reservations to be extra cautious.

We lived in Asia for the past year and a half, and masking there is 100%, indoors and even outdoors, when you leave your home. So we don’t mind wearing masks and will follow our doctor’s advice.

I guess the bandaid has been ripped off! 😆 The silver lining is that we’ll hopefully have a number of months of good antibodies. 💪

We are healthy and are flexible enough to handle a cancellation, so we came understanding and accepting the risk. For those with more risk factors, I think it’s too soon for Disney. It’s just so many people from all over — and many are probably not willing or able to interrupt their costly vacation while they isolate, so they don’t isolate. It’s also hard to tell that you’re sick for the first couple of days. It can sneak up on you. And those are the days people are most contagious.

Anyway… can you tell we’re bored? 😄 We are a little bored, for sure! 🤣

Looking forward to de-hermiting soon!

The 800 loop was pretty empty when we checked in yesterday but it’s starting to fill up for the weekend.

Lots of areas around the Fort are flooded. The area between 1400 loop and the campfire area looks like a pond. The path to the marina where the bike racks are is flooded, you have to walk a balance beam on the edge of the bike rack to get through. Or you can walk through the Settlement TP, out the back door and through the golf cart parking to get to the beach and marina.

There is also lots of work going on down the main road through the Fort, lots of trucks labeled McKinnon & Creed. I’m not sure what they’re doing though. Lots of flags marking things throughout the Fort.

The 900 loop road is painted lots of different colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter