September Trip Reports

Look at those adorable babies. Are they enjoying the dog park? Whisky is going to love the dog park.
We haven’t been to the dog park yet, but I know it tends to get muddy, and there’s been a lot of rain.

I hope things dry out so Whisky can enjoy it.

The 800 loop was pretty empty when we checked in yesterday but it’s starting to fill up for the weekend.

Lots of areas around the Fort are flooded. The area between 1400 loop and the campfire area looks like a pond. The path to the marina where the bike racks are is flooded, you have to walk a balance beam on the edge of the bike rack to get through. Or you can walk through the Settlement TP, out the back door and through the golf cart parking to get to the beach and marina.

There is also lots of work going on down the main road through the Fort, lots of trucks labeled McKinnon & Creed. I’m not sure what they’re doing though. Lots of flags marking things throughout the Fort.

The 900 loop road is painted lots of different colors.
Yeah, it’s really soggy everywhere. We got off a boat around 10:30 tonight, and the pathway from the marina to the settlement had cones up and several inches of water for maybe 10-15 feet. We went through the golf cart parking lot when walking back to our site in the 200 loop. One of our neighbors who, ironically, had an awesome Ursula inflatable with moving tentacles and everything, has a murky pond for a yard, where Ursula used to be. It’s a shame it’s not safe to inflate her, because the setting is perfect for Ursula!

We are high and dry on our end of the loop.

The forecast calls for more rain tomorrow afternoon, so brace yourselves, fellow campers! Double bag your scavenger hunt goodies! 😛 Ready your ponchos! Slip on the crocs! ⛈☔️⛈🌈

As I type this at 6:45 Eastern time, there is still no water.

They had stadium lights set up and machines going until 5:00 am. I didn’t get much sleep, but I’m on vacation, who needs sleep.

The front desk says the workers will be back at 9:00am to open up the main road, so it will be a 1 lane road through the middle of the Fort today.

And they are hoping to get a temporary fix in place by the end of the day.

Then they’ll be back on Monday to do it all again to get the “permanent” fix done.

The front desk said I can visit the comfort stations in the preferred loops, if needed. And they can deliver some bottled water to my site, I just have to call and let them know how many I need.

Well we’re finally back home after our trek to the fort.

We were in site 2064 which was great. It was right across from the comfort station and bus stop. Our loop was full for the most part our whole trip. Lot of weekend warriors who didn’t go to the parks. They were just there to camp with their families. Lots of young kids racing golf carts around the campground.
1EEEE0AD-62B9-4800-98E2-3347E8F32E00.jpeg
Overall trip was great. Genie+ was manageable and worked great for me. Having been to Disneyland in the past it reminded me of the old max pass they had there.

As someone mentioned above the Fort is very swampy right now. Many loops had standing water around them. Of course it doesn’t help when it rains everyday.

I miss the boat to the contemporary and wilderness lodge but the boat to mk made resort hopping on the monorail loop doable.

The fried chicken from P&Js is still amazing but they added roasted chicken to Trails End instead. We were told because the Hoop is back we don’t get the “usual” food anymore but that was never an issue in the past. Breakfast was still yummy and I am craving that hasbrown potato casserole!
5EF92E6A-1AA4-47EA-8C76-A4F2A2E85244.jpeg41B9E46D-39B7-41C3-92DD-8341BB402CE4.jpeg
Only eventful thing happened when driving home. We stopped at the Virginia welcome centre on 95 north and when we left, my car decided that it didn’t want to accelerate heading onto the highway and flashed a service transmission warning. After calling AAA (so glad I work for the Canadian affiliate) they loaded my jeep on the flatbread and towed my trailer from Enola to Richmond where we had to stay an extra night so the dealership could look at my car. Of course once they cleared the code, nothing was wrong 😑. We got back on the road and drove the additional two days home and pulled in the driveway Thursday around 4pm. It’s been an exhausting journey but so far everything is still working well and I have an appointment with my mechanic to check everything out!

Thanks for the updates, @cinderellagirl2280. Happy also to hear that the transmission light could be reset and you could still get home and debug it later.

Maybe you said it somewhere and I missed it but I didn't know you were camping in a popup. What year/make/model is it? We got a Jayco 12HW in 2004 and used the heck out of it for 10 years with the kids. Now DW and I camp in a folding Aliner.

Thanks for the pictures also.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the updates, @cinderellagirl2280. Happy also to hear that the transmission light could be reset and you could still get home and debug it later.

Maybe you said it somewhere and I missed it but I didn't know you were camping in a popup. What year/make/model is it? We got a Jayco 12HW in 2004 and used the heck out of it for 10 years with the kids. Now DW and I camp in a folding Aliner.

Thanks for the pictures also.

Bama Ed
I think I mentioned it way back when in 2019 when I first took it to the fort. It’s a 2018 Rockwood Premier 2514G. It hasn’t been the easiest trailer. I’ve had a heck of a time with stuff not being put together properly on it. Hinges have broken, they’ve fixed my queen bed 3 times. Basically I bought it new but it’s definitely a lemon.

I’m in the process of upgrading to something that is either a full hard sided trailer or an A-liner which I know you have and my friend has one as well. I need something that doesn’t require a ton of work to set up and that I can basically crash in while taking long trips.

WE HAVE WATER!!!!

The water leak was fixed at about the same time the water tanker made it to our site…midnight.
Crazy. I hope they compensate y’all in some way.

Disney maintenance crews have been all over our loop today, and still we have two washing machines down, and the AC seemed to be out at our comfort station.

I think they’ve had a lot going on all at once, and they’re scrambling.

Still, though… the basics should be provided, and if they can’t be, that should be made right for affected guests.

I hope the rest of your stay is all good!

Crazy. I hope they compensate y’all in some way.

Disney maintenance crews have been all over our loop today, and still we have two washing machines down, and the AC seemed to be out at our comfort station.

I think they’ve had a lot going on all at once, and they’re scrambling.

Still, though… the basics should be provided, and if they can’t be, that should be made right for affected guests.

I hope the rest of your stay is all good!
Thank you!

They did comp us for Friday night and gave us comp tickets for a park today. Plus they gave us bottled water and filled up our fresh water tank. Everyone was very apologetic about the situation.

Hopefully they can get the AC fixed in your comfort station.

I think you’re right, they can’t keep up and are scrambling.

Last edited:
Just got back from 2 weeks at the Fort... It rained a bit more than anticipated. I am used to rain every day but for about a week it started raining at 3pm.. and didn't stop till late at night.. ugh.

Still, had a great time. Would have preferred a few more days at the FORT vs the park.. out of 15 days, we went to the parks 10 of those days.. not full days for sure.. but most were at least half days. The non park days were my favorite. Nothing like relaxing at the fort..

We were in the 1300 loops which was nice access to the Meadows... but without a golf cart (on my list) it was a bit of a pain taking the bus down to the Settlement. Still, we did it most days even if we were not going to a park. When we did go to the park, we drove unless we were heading to MK..which we took the boat.

We did eat at the new Space 220 restaurant.. it was amazing until i realized we could have rented a golf cart for a week at that price! Oh well, it was worth it.. one time anyway.. probably wont do that again any time soon.. ;)

We did eat at the new Space 220 restaurant.. it was amazing until i realized we could have rented a golf cart for a week at that price! Oh well, it was worth it.. one time anyway.. probably wont do that again any time soon.. ;)
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter