Serenity Bay

dad of 3 addicted to DCL

Love me some DCL
DW and I are considering allowing the kids to either stay on the ship or spend their time in the Teen hangout on CC day. Considering, I should note 8-), we'll see what DW says in the end. This would be our first time over to Serenity Bay (on our 10th cruise!).

Is there good snorkeling over there? What about rentals? Other than sun & sand (which is very needed right now) is there much else to do?

TIA

When I was there we didn't snorkel or anything, but the water was so clear and there were fish everywhere. We could see them swimming around us it was really cool. It's really relaxing over there. The food I think is also a little different, they have a couple extra offerings that they don't at the family beach.

You can snorkel, but there isn’t a reef. Just the odd starfish, hermit crab, and randomn schools of fish. It really is more of just a relaxing day on a gorgeous beach.

I'm not sure about snorkelling, but it's definitely a much more relaxing beach. We went to try the food there and felt it was a little different, but not much.

The attraction is definitely the "serenity"...much much more relaxing than the other beach...at least it was when we were there.

It's been awhile...... But I believe you can pick up float rentals at Serenity Bay. And I think the grill had some additional offerings like salmon and maybe a steak sandwich?

If your teens are going to get off the ship without you you will need to sign a paper allowing them to do so. It’s available online when you do your check in or you can go to Guest Services and sign it. You can let them get off the ship without you at all ports or just Castaway.
The texting through the Disney app or using the wave phones on Castaway can sometimes be iffy so you may want to have a meeting place or time set up.
I have read on another post that they will not let under 18 get on the tram to Serienty Bay

The food is different there, that is also a big attraction.

Yes - and that is a big one for us. Salads are better, and they at times will have something special (we've even seen lobster!). I like the meats immediately off the grill while you watch..and the eating area is right there, small and much less boisterous than the family area. Although we almost always have a line, it is very short (at most 5-10 folks or so, never a wait).

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed snorkeling this time at Serenity Bay more than the regular snorkeling area this time. Saw amazing starfish and another school of fish came and swam all around us. Others further out saw the rays. Next time, I won't bother leaving early for the other beach, but will stay at Serenity until they drag me away kicking and screaming.

Remember no net covering the beach area at SB.
At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

No snorkelling - the water is so shallow we just slowly and leisurely walk our way out to the sandbar. Then come back for another drink at the bar which is very quiet and not at all busy.
I have been there when the water is indeed that shallow. I was also there this past Friday when the tide was in and the water was significantly deeper. We snorkeled at the farthest corner from the entrance. We saw starfish and rays in addition to the fish.

DW and I are considering allowing the kids to either stay on the ship or spend their time in the Teen hangout on CC day. Considering, I should note 8-), we'll see what DW says in the end. This would be our first time over to Serenity Bay (on our 10th cruise!).

Is there good snorkeling over there? What about rentals? Other than sun & sand (which is very needed right now) is there much else to do?

TIA

Snorkeling has to be nice in Serenity Bay. It's open water. I have encountered stingrays, barracudas, schools of fish, starfish, etc...

And a ray or two (taken up close to the shore, when I was "just wading")
View attachment 351475

OMG — I saw this guy (or a friend of his) this week! I had never seen a ray at Serenity before, but this one was gliding along the sand bar. I saw him throughout the day as the tide came in. I was surprised how shallow the water was in the morning, but then how deep it became when the tide came in. But oh such beautiful, clear, sparkling warm water!

If your teens are going to get off the ship without you you will need to sign a paper allowing them to do so. It’s available online when you do your check in or you can go to Guest Services and sign it. You can let them get off the ship without you at all ports or just Castaway.
The texting through the Disney app or using the wave phones on Castaway can sometimes be iffy so you may want to have a meeting place or time set up.
I have read on another post that they will not let under 18 get on the tram to Serienty Bay
'Yes, they would not let my teen on the tram last year and the texting doesn't work on Castaway. Set a time and place to meet up. The teen excursion is recommended by my daughter.

Question: our first cruise is coming up and Serenity Bay sounds wonderful. However, I’m as pale as they come and neither DH nor I enjoy actually going in the ocean. Would we be able to find covered loungers to just lay down and relax without being in the sun? Nervous to go and find that we can’t stay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter