Service Animal Experience?

Pizzaman12

Mouseketeer
DVC Premium
I've tried searching but can't seem to find any previous threads on this. A friend asked me about bringing their service dog on one of our DVC stays. Anyone have experience with this? Appreciate any feedback!

Following. We are taking my daughter’s service dog soon. We took her to Disney before, but we were in an RV. My feedback, though, was that Disney was excellent. We didn’t have a blip at all.

I understand the need for service dogs. They are wonderful. I have family members with disabilities. However, I was pretty upset at our last stay in May. I saw several service dogs in the parks. I am just responding hoping that people do not go with dogs during the extreme heat. I only saw one service dog with something on it's paws. I can't even imagine how hot the ground is in the parks during this heat. The dogs looked so hot, they looked ill. It has stayed with me since. I hope you all have a nice trip and I did not write this to flame anyone, just hoping anyone reading keeps that in mind.

The heat is something we were very thoughtful of when we took our pupster to the park. We had the boots ready to go, but fortunately, we had rain the entire week. My daughter (who needs the service dog) actually walks barefoot outside if she has any question on how hot the pavement is. “If it is too hot for me, it’s too hot for her!”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter