Sesame Place Platinum - first use at Sea World?

Jkesmom

Earning My Ears
Hi. I'm trying to decide if I should buy the Sesame Place Platinum Pass now since we might go to Sea World on our Orlando trip. Our passes expired in January and I normally would hold out until July when they offer the rest of this year free. There is an ok, not great deal expiring tomorrow. Looking for anyone with recent experience using the pass first at Sea World. Sesame is at best a 2 hour drive, so the short weekend hours aren't really worth the drive for us.

We just went to Orlando with our San Antonio pass that hadn’t been used yet and had no issues. We were able to utilize the merchandise and food discounts as well as preferred seating.

We just went to Orlando with our San Antonio pass that hadn’t been used yet and had no issues. We were able to utilize the merchandise and food discounts as well as preferred seating.
Thanks. I'm leaning toward buying, so hopefully it works. Is the San Antonio pass on your phone? We had printed passes for Sesame, but I think the new ones are supposed to be on our phone. I'm a bit nervous it won't work bc the website still says something about going to the service counter at sesame on first visit.

This is what the Sesame Place FAQ says. Did you have a PDF for 1st visit?

"After you purchase your Season Pass, you will receive an email containing a PDF of your Season Pass. You can print this out or display this on your phone to be scanned at the front gate and to receive your in-park discounts.

For future visits, we recommend accessing your barcodes from your mobile device. Login to the Season Pass Member website, click the "Account" tab and scroll down to view your barcodes. These barcodes can be used to enter the park and receive in-park discounts.

If you wish to receive a wallet-size version of your Season Pass, please visit Guest Relations to have it printed."

Last edited:

Ok, I’m finding this really interesting. So it sounds like your discount for food and merch worked with your platinum pass? My 3.5 year old has a Sesame Platinum pass that we’ll be using when we go. I have the free teachers pass for Sesame so I’ll be most likely buying a Sea World Orlando gold to cover me and my husband for 2 days.. but the platinum in park discounts are prob better and I wouldnt have tried!

OP - you don’t need to stop at Guest Services at all. A screen shot on your phone of your pass is sufficient, even first usage ☺️

Ok, I’m finding this really interesting. So it sounds like your discount for food and merch worked with your platinum pass? My 3.5 year old has a Sesame Platinum pass that we’ll be using when we go. I have the free teachers pass for Sesame so I’ll be most likely buying a Sea World Orlando gold to cover me and my husband for 2 days.. but the platinum in park discounts are prob better and I wouldnt have tried!

OP - you don’t need to stop at Guest Services at all. A screen shot on your phone of your pass is sufficient, even first usage ☺

Thank you! I bought the tickets and they look like real tickets, not a voucher. So, I think they will work. Now I hope we fit Sea World into our trip because I usually get a much better deal on our Sesame tix.

We used my Seaworld Orlando platinum pass for the first time at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and got free preferred parking and food discounts. Our first Seaworld trip with it wasn't until the following month. My pass is just on my phone and they scan the barcode from my phone. It was I think a link from the email confirming my purchase.

Thanks. I'm leaning toward buying, so hopefully it works. Is the San Antonio pass on your phone? We had printed passes for Sesame, but I think the new ones are supposed to be on our phone. I'm a bit nervous it won't work bc the website still says something about going to the service counter at sesame on first visit.
Yes, and they were also immediately available in the app and our Sea World account.

OP - you don’t need to stop at Guest Services at all. A screen shot on your phone of your pass is sufficient, even first usage ☺
It did, no issues! We just scanned it at the register and it automatically applied. For what it is worth, I don’t think there are discounts on Quick Queue or the food plan though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter