Seth's Make-A-Wish trip May 19-25 2010

I just found your PTR and you trip is almost here! You got some awesome presents from the Big Give! Those outfits are adorable! So glad everything is coming together so fast for you guys! I hope you all have a wonderful trip!!!

Seth is going to love Star Wars weekend at HS!

You know, it was just like extra strength USPS plastic wrap on the outside. It was an adventure opening it. The kids tried for like 10 minutes before they gave up. :rotfl2:

Too funny! Wonder why they did that. Very strange!

Love the activity books. It's always good to have stuff to do on the plane!

Well, we went to the doctor today and Seth is scheduled for surgery to get his broviac removed next Thursday. Doctor said it only taks a couple days to heal so he will be fine for his trip. No flush or dressing change supplies on the trip. :cool1:

His Make-A-Wish party is Friday so I hope he feels ok for that. I'm sure he will.

We got another BIG GIVE package yesterday. This one was from Margaret in New York. This one was wonderful autograph books and bags and pens, and each one had a Disney pin attached to it. We have pictures and I will post them later on today. I only have a few minutes.

Thanks so much Margaret. The kids love them.

Okay, sorry for the delay. As I stated we got another BIG GIVE package on Saturday. This was one mom and dad knew were coming, but it was great to receive it nonetheless. This one came from Margaret in NY.

100_0029.jpg

The kids each received wonderful personalized autograph books complete with a pen and a Disney pin for each of them.

100_0032.jpg

100_0033-1.jpg

100_0030.jpg

And there were some great luggage tags for mom and dad to use.

100_0036.jpg

Thank you so much Margaret. These are wonderful gifts. The kids were very excited.

In other news, we have less then 10 days to go. We got a call from our MAW coordinator today and the Reno Channel 2 News wants to interview Seth before his party on Friday. We asked Seth what he thought and he thinks being on television would be the coolest thing ever. So that adds one more thing to our busy schedule.

Here is our schedule that we know of.

Tomorrow we have a meeting with MAW to go over the final packet of information and the final details of the party. We also have an audiology appointment to get Seth fitted for a hearing aid.

Thursday Seth has surgery to get his broviac removed. Although they say it should be a short procedure, we still have to be there at 6 in the morning...ugh.

Friday morning Seth has his teacher in the morning, then his big interview with the News followed by his party.

Next week we hopefully go back to the audiologist to pick up his hearing aid Monday or Tuesday before we leave on Wednesday morning.

Lots of fun stuff. We'll post pictures of as much as we can.

Thanks everyone for all the great packages.

One more thing. We got our Disney personalized maps in the mail today. These are very cool and come in a nice case with your name on them. I would recommend going to Disney's website and ordering these if you are going. They will make a great souvenir.

Such a beautiful family!!! And YAY for the awesome Big Give gifts!!!

Thanks for the tip on the Disney Maps! I would have never thought to do that!

I know you guys will have a wonderful trip!

Can't believe its so close! I ordered the maps and ours came last week I think and they are really nice! I was impressed. I'm taking them with us, but may print out some for actually using at the parks so we can keep these nice for saving.

Good luck getting everything done! Your to-do list sounds like mine lol I have tried to cram as much as possible into the week before and after our wish trip because we are moving back to Oklahoma the week after our trip but it makes things a lot more hectic here! I must be crazy...:scared:

It's officially Wednesday so I can now say we have one week to go. :cool1:

Today we met with Make A Wish and got our packet, including the itinerary, budget, a guide to Disney World, which will be great for me on the plane, and all other info such as rental car and plane information. They really think of almost everything, and do a great job of dotting their i's and crossing their t's.

Seth also had his appointment to get fitted for hearing aids. This usually only takes about a week but he has to see one other doctor before he gets them so it will not be until after the trip. This may be a blessing in disguise since Seth does not usually enjoy noisy, crowded places. Maybe he will be able to block most of it out.

I'll keep you guys updated as things happen.

176 hours and 45 minutes until the plane takes off!!!

Okay, sorry for the delay. As I stated we got another BIG GIVE package on Saturday. This was one mom and dad knew were coming, but it was great to receive it nonetheless. This one came from Margaret in NY.

100_0029.jpg

The kids each received wonderful personalized autograph books complete with a pen and a Disney pin for each of them.

100_0032.jpg

100_0033-1.jpg

100_0030.jpg

And there were some great luggage tags for mom and dad to use.

100_0036.jpg

Thank you so much Margaret. These are wonderful gifts. The kids were very excited.

In other news, we have less then 10 days to go. We got a call from our MAW coordinator today and the Reno Channel 2 News wants to interview Seth before his party on Friday. We asked Seth what he thought and he thinks being on television would be the coolest thing ever. So that adds one more thing to our busy schedule.

Here is our schedule that we know of.

Tomorrow we have a meeting with MAW to go over the final packet of information and the final details of the party. We also have an audiology appointment to get Seth fitted for a hearing aid.

Thursday Seth has surgery to get his broviac removed. Although they say it should be a short procedure, we still have to be there at 6 in the morning...ugh.

Friday morning Seth has his teacher in the morning, then his big interview with the News followed by his party.

Next week we hopefully go back to the audiologist to pick up his hearing aid Monday or Tuesday before we leave on Wednesday morning.

Lots of fun stuff. We'll post pictures of as much as we can.

Thanks everyone for all the great packages.

party:
Gary, So glad you got them in time!!!

Have a wonderful time. Oh, and better to not have the hearing aides because the fireworks, especially Illuminations is just SO LOUD.

I like your countdown in hours! That's great (well when it is close). When you have months to go, an hour countdown is depressing~ LOL

6 days to go!!!

What a time the last week has been. Everything going by so fast. Seth has to be at the hospital in 5 hours for his surgery, so I don't have a lot of time.

We got 3 BIG GIVE packages today. Yes...THREE!! They all had wonderful goodies for the kids inside. I will post pictures tomorrow as well as an update on Seth and his broviac removal.

151 hours and 45 minutes until our plane takes off!!!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your Big Give packages!!! I won't even ask how thrilled the kids are with all of this! Isn't the Big Give just incredible?! :goodvibes

I hope all goes well today with the Broviac removal. I'll look forward to a post later from you.

I hope Seth is doing well after his surgery and is felling well for his party tonight!

Lynn

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I promise I will post the pictures of the packages we got the other day as soon as possible.

It's been a busy couple of days here. Seth's surgery yesterday went great, and other then being a little sore he is glad to have his line out. They put his broviac i a little specimen cup for him to keep. He has asked about keeping it since they put it in.

Today will be his party. At 1PM the local News is coming over to ask him questions about his trip and other things. At 1:50, a limo will show up. Inside the limo will be two local radio celebrities that do Seth's favorite morning talk show. The limo will take him to his school where he will have his MAW party. We have heard that the mayor will be there and other prominent local people. This should be a very exciting day.

On top of all this, this morning we received FIVE MORE BIG GIVE packages!!!

We haven't opened them yet since Alexis is at school, but I promise I will get to it all before we leave. Thank you to everyone who has sent stuff. You guys have truly made this a wonderful, magical experience and we haven't even left yet.

Thanks so much,

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I promise I will post the pictures of the packages we got the other day as soon as possible.

It's been a busy couple of days here. Seth's surgery yesterday went great, and other then being a little sore he is glad to have his line out. They put his broviac i a little specimen cup for him to keep. He has asked about keeping it since they put it in.

Today will be his party. At 1PM the local News is coming over to ask him questions about his trip and other things. At 1:50, a limo will show up. Inside the limo will be two local radio celebrities that do Seth's favorite morning talk show. The limo will take him to his school where he will have his MAW party. We have heard that the mayor will be there and other prominent local people. This should be a very exciting day.

On top of all this, this morning we received FIVE MORE BIG GIVE packages!!!

We haven't opened them yet since Alexis is at school, but I promise I will get to it all before we leave. Thank you to everyone who has sent stuff. You guys have truly made this a wonderful, magical experience and we haven't even left yet.

Thanks so much,

Everything sounds wonderful, can't wait to see pictures of it all!!

I hope Seth is doing well. I bet you're all very busy getting ready for this trip.

You're getting closer! I hope we will meet at GKTW in a few days! We are on our way in the morning. I'd love to see pictures of all the Big Gives you've received...but I guess I may get to see some in person!:thumbsup2

Have a safe trip!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter