Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on fire now!

Is this true? I saw a really fuzzy video on Twitter so it's hard to tell.

If it is true, I wonder if this is due to sparks falling from the fireworks. I've stood back in this area a couple of times to watch the fireworks and the falling embers were worse than anywhere else I've stood in the park.

I'm thinking we may need to change our 7dmt FP. From the looks of the pics and video on Twitter, it's gonna take a awhile to repair that. What a shame!

Yes, this happened shortly after 10. Supposedly debris from Wishes caused it. Reedy Creek had to brings truck in to put out the flames.

The fire is out now. It looks like there's cosmetic damage to the hill and possibly near the house area. I'm sure we will hear more details in the morning.

I have pics and video on my Twitter.

Just texted with a friend who is at MK and she said the ride is back on line and the wait is 90 minutes! She said CMs said the damage was only cosmetic. Thank goodness!

Just texted with a friend who is at MK and she said the ride is back on line and the wait is 90 minutes! She said CMs said the damage was only cosmetic. Thank goodness!

According to MDE, it is closed. I'd be shocked if it was open just 30 minutes or so after the fire was put out. It's extremely dark and safety checks have to be done not to mention that everything is wet now from the hoses. This entire process takes awhile. If it is, in fact, open already, that would have me very concerned.

UPDATE: Latest rumor is that it will be open within the next 30-45 minutes. The industrial lights are on and melted plastic is visible. Again this is all rumor.

According to MDE, it is closed. I'd be shocked if it was open just 30 minutes or so after the fire was put out. It's extremely dark and safety checks have to be done not to mention that everything is wet now from the hoses. This entire process takes awhile. If it is, in fact, open already, that would have me very concerned.

UPDATE: Latest rumor is that it will be open within the next 30-45 minutes. The industrial lights are on and melted plastic is visible. Again this is all rumor.

I'd also be surprised if it is back online that quickly. Knowing Disney, I'd expect this to cause a 1yr long investigation, followed by a 4yr reconstruction period why they repaint it and plant a tree - meanwhile in that time Universal builds a new park.

Scary! I think we'll watch the fireworks from the safety of room at the Poly ; ) Still, nice to see how quickly Disney responded and that no one was hurt.

Stunned and not exactly happy about this, but the ride was loading guests around 12:30 last night with only an hour and a half until park closing. While it was cosmetic, the fire was significant. It blows my mind that they reopened it so quickly. One would think they would fully assess it in the morning when it's light out to see the full extent of the damage.

This is the 2nd fireworks-sparked fire in New Fantasyland as far as I know. There was another one on the roof of Little Mermaid a few months back. Doesn't Disney have fire suppression systems in place to prevent this and/or address it immediately if a spark does ignite something?

Stunned and not exactly happy about this, but the ride was loading guests around 12:30 last night with only an hour and a half until park closing. While it was cosmetic, the fire was significant. It blows my mind that they reopened it so quickly. One would think they would fully assess it in the morning when it's light out to see the full extent of the damage.

I'm preety sure RCID and WDW know what they are doing.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter