• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train photos.

BillSears

DIS Veteran
I got to ride SDMT today and we grabbed a couple of photos. The first is the side door open on the ride vehicle and the second is me about to transfer in. The transfer isn't tough. I'd say it's about the same as Expedition Everest.

SDMT2.jpg

SDWT1.jpg

Thank you, thank you, a Bill.

You always give us such good pictures!

How is the ride itself. I've read anything from very smooth to hard on the curves.

We all thought it was very smooth. I've never rode Barnstormer but compared to all of the other coasters at WDW it's the smoothest I've ridden. Each mine car is on gimbles so it swings back and forth. To me this makes the turns nice and smooth.

Sue, feel free to use these pictures in your FAQ if you need some shots of the ride vehicle.

Thanks for sharing Bill, I do have to once again praise you for the amazingly clear pictures that you take. You always take pictures that people are able to use right away and take something from them. Really appreciate that about your pictures always …

On 7DMT, I took my scooter up to the ride seat, in the same way that BillSears took his equipment. It was awkward because the loading area between the ride car and a solid half-wall was not very wide, and the entry gate in the half-wall was 3 ft back from where you entered the ride car, and not much wider than the width of my scooter. (See BillSears' 2nd pic showing the half-wall behind him, and the open gate.) Perhaps if the gate was 2-3 ft wider, maneuvering would be a whole lot easier. As it was, the CMs (2 of them) had to put my scooter in neutral, make the scooter turn to go back thru the narrow, mis-aligned gate, and pull the scooter backward to get it out of the ride-car area. The CM steering my scooter was turning it in the wrong direction and (obviously) it wasn't going thru the gate. The other CM had to take over the steering. They didn't have much room to maneuver while trying to accomplish this task. IMO, transfer from scooter to wheelchair would work better for loading. Overall, it was a poor accessibility design that could be improved.

The 7DMT ride was a blast. The way the ride cars pivoted gave the engineers leeway to make sharp, steeply angled turns. And it was smooth as glass. Overall, a great ride.

We all thought it was very smooth. I've never rode Barnstormer but compared to all of the other coasters at WDW it's the smoothest I've ridden. Each mine car is on gimbles so it swings back and forth. To me this makes the turns nice and smooth.

Sue, feel free to use these pictures in your FAQ if you need some shots of the ride vehicle.

Thanks, Bill

The 7DMT ride was a blast. The way the ride cars pivoted gave the engineers leeway to make sharp, steeply angled turns. And it was smooth as glass. Overall, a great ride.

I assume from your description that neck issues would not be a problem as on regular coasters?? No warnings at beginning of ride?

Thanks!!! for the pics and details! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My DD wants to ride this! She is super excited about it! She can not transfer on her own, so the pic allows me to make a plan. :goodvibes

I assume from your description that neck issues would not be a problem as on regular coasters?? No warnings at beginning of ride?
I honestly didn't notice any warnings. It was silky smooth, yet some turns were tight. I would say off-hand that you couldn't compare it to regular coasters because it doesn't go far in the air, and no g-force turns while at high speed on the descent. It was pretty gentle. I would check at the ride entrance for any physical concern your party might have. It is worth riding, if at all possible. It was really fun.

I honestly didn't notice any warnings. It was silky smooth, yet some turns were tight. I would say off-hand that you couldn't compare it to regular coasters because it doesn't go far in the air, and no g-force turns while at high speed on the descent. It was pretty gentle. I would check at the ride entrance for any physical concern your party might have. It is worth riding, if at all possible. It was really fun.

Thanks! I can no longer ride regular coasters, and was so hoping to be able to ride this one - think I can! :)

Also, thanks SueM - :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter