Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

I cannot ride any of the present coaster rides at WDW due to health issues. I avoid anything with the word "Mountain" in its' name.

It appears that - due to the smaller size & due to the design of the swinging cars - I may actually be able to ride this coaster! Maybe this ride has a true design purpose - built for people like me who would love to experience a coaster.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to ride it! ::yes::

Still you are comparing to other rides when it is its own thing. The ride yes was hyped. Not the rides fault. Also you are talking about a coaster at the center of Fantasyland. I don't think you could have honestly expected an Everest to be place there did you? Some people are going to love it others are going to hate it. Each is going to have their reasons and believe they are right. We will just have to agree to disagree and agree to wait and pass judgment AFTER we have all ridden the ride or at least seen a complete walk through of the queue and ride. And who knows if the ride is an E ticket. Who became the expert on deciding once and for all what ticket each ride is?

Lets just say I am terribly disappointed. This was suppose to be the ride that Disney was stating to the World that "we still got it!!!". They don't got it, the only thing they got is an over hyped D ticket attraction that will give Iger and the bandits a few extra million for their bonuses.

Lets just say I am terribly disappointed. This was suppose to be the ride that Disney was stating to the World that "we still got it!!!". They don't got it, the only thing they got is an over hyped D ticket attraction that will give Iger and the bandits a few extra million for their bonuses.

I don't seem to understand.....what is missing from this ride?! It still holds the charm that many of the Fantasyland dark rides has and surpasses the original ride in more ways then one. I just don't get what you think is missing from the ride?

Not really looking to get into a squabble, but IMO: yes it took a but longer then it should have to construct. As for Disney's "got it" I would say their theming and attention to detail is signature Disney and with this being the dead center of FL it had to be. ESP given there is no real "backstage" side of this. Now is theming overshadowing the ride itself? probably. But we can debate that all day long...but you
Know who's gonna love this ride? My kids. My little guy who cAnt get on BTMRR and Splash yet. I can see him giggling his face off now on this thing. And when something is planted right in the middle of FANTASYLAND, that is what I expect. If I want a thrill, I'll take it to the mountains or ToT.

Not really looking to get into a squabble, but IMO: yes it took a but longer then it should have to construct. As for Disney's "got it" I would say their theming and attention to detail is signature Disney and with this being the dead center of FL it had to be. ESP given there is no real "backstage" side of this. Now is theming overshadowing the ride itself? probably. But we can debate that all day long...but you Know who's gonna love this ride? My kids. My little guy who cAnt get on BTMRR and Splash yet. I can see him giggling his face off now on this thing. And when something is planted right in the middle of FANTASYLAND, that is what I expect. If I want a thrill, I'll take it to the mountains or ToT.
I agree the theming of this ride is amazing and there is no backside like with Everest or splash mountain.

I am just hoping I can formulate my own opinion in about two weeks on our next visit.

glvsav37 said:
Not really looking to get into a squabble, but IMO: yes it took a but longer then it should have to construct. As for Disney's "got it" I would say their theming and attention to detail is signature Disney and with this being the dead center of FL it had to be. ESP given there is no real "backstage" side of this. Now is theming overshadowing the ride itself? probably. But we can debate that all day long...but you
Know who's gonna love this ride? My kids. My little guy who cAnt get on BTMRR and Splash yet. I can see him giggling his face off now on this thing. And when something is planted right in the middle of FANTASYLAND, that is what I expect. If I want a thrill, I'll take it to the mountains or ToT.

This it's not just about adults or teens that think they're adults. Its for kids and 2 make ppl feel like a kid again.

Can't wait to ride w my fam!

I'm hopping on a plane in a few hours to head to Walt Disney World. I sure hope the mine train will be open...I can't wait :woohoo:

They just announced it will be fully open 5/28 at the dedication ceremony...bummer I am leaving In a day for WDW

Listen I would have no problem with this attraction if they hyped it up for what it really is. The problem is they milked it for 3 plus years and acted like they were building the E tickets of all E tickets. This attraction is not and I repeat not an E ticket, simple as that, case closed. Now Tower of Terror that is an E ticket, Splash Mountain E ticket, Haunted Mansion E ticket. A two minute scaled down Thunder Mountain mixed with a two scene Fantasyland dark ride is not an E ticket.

No I disagree why do you think adult thrill rides E tickets, but a Fantasyland dark ride not an E ticket? I would say that some of the more popular Fantasyland dark rides would be E tickets if they still had that system. It's a Small World was an E ticket, Pirates was an E ticket and Haunted Mansion. (see http://yesterland.com/abcde.html)

I think the Seven Dwarves Mine is a great ride that everyone can enjoy, not just thrill seekers.

With the opening date announced I was able to secure my FP+ dates for 6/7 & 6/9. Now my trip is all set. :banana:

I was able to switch one of our fast pass+ selections for the Seven Dwarfs Train this morning for a June trip to WDW!!

This is easily the best attraction out in years anywhere. The theming is perfect the new state of the art technos and AA is innovative and better but many steps, then any other parks, anywhere. It really is just plain amazing.

This may have started out as a D ticket, but what the imaginers have gone and gone is make it a E ticket.

Well done Disney......my family and I am sure millions of others are going to love this attraction.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

AKK

Checked early this morning to see about adding a FastPass for the Mine Ride, but it wasn't yet available to pick yet.

Now when I hear it's up a few hours later, the site is bogged down and I can't get to the screen to select a day. Kind of annoying since I was looking earlier :/

Hopefully they fix the site or have a soft opening for Annual Passholders. Really don't want to get there on opening day without a fastpass and have to run straight to the ride

Disney announced that as of just a little bit ago over 50,000 people have already reserved FPs for the mine train!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter