Seven Dwarves Mine train - is it really really worth it?

I think they just said it would wreck their plans (based on their research) not break their vacation. A lot of people plan around hard to get rides (especially ones who know they won't likely be back for a long while) so it can cause a domino effect. Roll with the punches is sorta the motto you gotta go with but I don't think there was an implication that the world will end if they don't get on it. They specifically asked if they should just skip it so I think they are okay (internalized okay as well) with missing the attraction if it ends up happening.
I should have stated that my comment was more general and not directed at the OP.

Dan

I've been on it several times, and my cutoff is about 45 minutes. The queue is pretty interesting and the animatronics are very good, but it's a short section of an already short coaster.

Worth it is very subjective.
I enjoy it but would not wait 60-90 minutes for it.
I'd recommend getting in line at rope drop and then its done and you can map out the rest of your day to maximize your time.

45 minutes would be my cut off too. It's a very short coaster, but the visuals are great and it's fun. It's not a must do for my family if the line is too long. I wouldn't pay to ride it either.

I will mention that it's right in the middle of Fantasyland and takes up a big footprint and it's gorgeous at night with the lanterns and rockwork. Your kids will definitely notice it as you walk by! I would try to get on it one time. Like others have said, it's a short, not very thrilling ride, but we love it and I think you need to experience it! The jump in line at the end of the night plan sounds right. The posted wait time will likely be inflated then.

It's not worth it to me, but I don't think anything at Disney is worth more than an hour wait and certainly not worth extra money so take it with a grain of salt.

We love it! But it is short. It's definitely better at night so we hop in line right before closing.

It's worth experiencing once. It's not worth waiting hours for or paying to ride once. Hit it before closing or during fireworks.

I enjoyed it. It was really cute. However, it is VERY short. I had fast passes, but not sure I would stand in line for over an hour for a few minute ride.

To avoid screwing up plan, I would hop in line at end of night. Posted Wait time will be inflated at end of night. And you can always scrap it if you’re tired.

Apologies if this is a stale topic - I have searched but haven't found the exact thread.

Seems that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train is one of the hardest to get on in the Magic Kingdom. Haven't been for 20 years. Going with my family (mid August - 4 of us) and probably not back for a long while (we are from the UK). Looks a wonderful ride. However, every permutation of every touring plan (from the unofficial guide) suggests it will wreck all my plans to see loads. I am also told it is very very hard to even get a Lightning Lane reservation.

So, as disappointing as it may be, it seems for the greater good, I should skip it? Am I wrong? Is it unmissable?

It's all missable...

It's not a high thrills coaster for those who really want that drop in their stomach. The line experience is neat but mostly off right now.

Base it off of your family's nostalgia. We go on seven dwarves because it was our kids first roller coaster, to us it's worth the wait. There may be some where Snow White is their favorite IP Disney offers.

If you're not especially tied to the IP, there's nothing exceptional of it from a pure ride perspective. It goes up, it goes down, it turns. It's neat that it rocks back and forth but it's not really all that noticeable once you get going. Is it worth 3 hours? Even I would say no. Is it worth trying to get on? Absolutely. Rope drop or go during/after fire works should get you away from some of the wait. The ride does feel different in the day/night.

For me not more than a 45 wait .. and that’s pushing it, lol.
have a great trip whatever u decide OP.

As others have said, 7DMT is cute and fun, but it is extremely short. I don't think it's worth waiting 2 hours for, which the wait usually is.

I will go against the grain just a little here and tell you 7DMT is my favorite attraction on property. The primary reason for this is because, to me, it is by far the most comfortable roller coaster I've ever been on. While I generally like roller coasters, I do not enjoy how jarring, shaky, or forceful so many of the more "thrilling" ones are (like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Rock'n Roller Coaster). 7DMT is unique in that each car is suspended on hinges, allowing it to rock side to side, which results in such an incredibly smooth gliding experience on the coaster. It's so much fun and easy-going. Slinky dog dash is a close second place -- as it is very smooth also!

I will say that the line does get pretty long. Since I've been on it so much, I will skip if I think the wait will exceed 45 min, but if you've never been on it, you might get in line even at 60-75 min.

The other drawback, as others have mentioned, is that it's so short. I really wish it were 3x longer than it is. The cave scene is also so darn loud, I have to cover my ears inside lol!

I do not enjoy how jarring, shaky, or forceful so many of the more "thrilling" ones are (like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Rock'n Roller Coaster).

Or barnstormer. It's easily the coaster that is out to try to bruise you. When getting our kids on them the 7DMT was a much easier transition than the barnstormer.

It's a fine ride, really short, but fine. Of the Magic Kingdom rides, I'd rank it after Big Thunder, Splash, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. It's in that next list of rides for us that includes Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan and Laugh Floor. But I'm not waiting more than 30 minutes for any of those.

Apologies if this is a stale topic - I have searched but haven't found the exact thread.

Seems that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train is one of the hardest to get on in the Magic Kingdom. Haven't been for 20 years. Going with my family (mid August - 4 of us) and probably not back for a long while (we are from the UK). Looks a wonderful ride. However, every permutation of every touring plan (from the unofficial guide) suggests it will wreck all my plans to see loads. I am also told it is very very hard to even get a Lightning Lane reservation.

So, as disappointing as it may be, it seems for the greater good, I should skip it? Am I wrong? Is it unmissable?
I'm probably not the best one to answer this question because I live in South Florida and my family and I have been annual passholders for the past 14 years. Hence, we have an utterly different experience going to Disney World compared to you and your family. That being said, my family and I LOVE this ride and we go on it whenever we are in Magic Kingdom. It's not as thrilling as Expedition Everest, but it is a fun roller coaster. If you get there at rope drop, there is no need to waste your money on the Lightning Lane reservation.

I personally wouldn't pay extra for this ride. I've been on it numerous times and I always say, "It's too short." However, it's totally up to you.

I've been on it several times, and my cutoff is about 45 minutes. The queue is pretty interesting and the animatronics are very good, but it's a short section of an already short coaster.

There are animatronics? I have never waited in the line before (FP). But that kind of peaks my interest. IF of course it wasn't more than 45 like you.

i wouldn't rope drop 7DMT unless you are at the front of the rope drop line - you can get a lot else done in that time. i would try to ride it during deluxe resort late hours (if you have) or just buy the lightning lanes - this isn't RotR, you'll be able to get them. it's probably worth a ride if you don't come often but i wouldn't wait hours for it (or anything).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter