Seven Dwarves Mine Train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to you big kids out there, don't forget this ride is designed for small kids.

Note to you big kids out there, don't forget this ride is designed for small kids.

I'm sure The Mine Train will be splendid when it opens, but this thing has been slower coming than Christmas. Empires have risen and fallen in a shorter amount of time than it has taken to build a single roller coaster.

ROFL

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Agreed. And yet USO is managing to build an entire new land (Diagon alley), Transformers, and a gigantic expansion to the Springfield/Simpsons area by, reportedly, this time next year.

D23 better have some jaw dropping announcement up their sleeve (***cough**StarWarsland**cough***) cause my beloved Disney is starting to look a little "mickey mouse" comparatively.

True that. The Evil Empire (that's UO, for the uninitiated) absolutely owns the Mouse these days, at least when it comes to new exciting attractions. Your list speaks volumes.
STILL, I'd rather be at Disney any day over UO though. I'm just weird like that. :goodvibes

It's actually not. It's not a thrill ride by any means, but it's not targeted exclusively on little kids. Like most things at Disney, it is a family ride.

Agreed. And yet USO is managing to build an entire new land (Diagon alley), Transformers, and a gigantic expansion to the Springfield/Simpsons area by, reportedly, this time next year.

D23 better have some jaw dropping announcement up their sleeve (***cough**StarWarsland**cough***) cause my beloved Disney is starting to look a little "mickey mouse" comparatively.

Actually Transformers is in soft openings now( opens on June 20th) , Simpsons expansion opens today (most of it - the rest opens in a few weeks) and Diagon Alley is slated to open this time next year.

Again, I don't understand the need for thrill rides. Give me a well done and themed Disney dark ride that is longer than a 3 min "thrill" ride anyday. If I want thrill I go to Six flags and stand in line with all the teenagers. I go to WDW for the theming and technology.

There is something about going on a nice cool dark ride on a hot summer day.

I wish Disney would build more dark rides on the scale of Haunted Mansion and Pirates once again.

Again, I don't understand the need for thrill rides. Give me a well done and themed Disney dark ride that is longer than a 3 min "thrill" ride anyday. If I want thrill I go to Six flags and stand in line with all the teenagers. I go to WDW for the theming and technology.

There is something about going on a nice cool dark ride on a hot summer day.

I wish Disney would build more dark rides on the scale of Haunted Mansion and Pirates once again.

Totally agree!! Need "thrills," go to Cedar Point...

Weird... I just posted in another thread a few days ago about how even if Disney does make new rides, everyone's just going to complain about them anyway. And right on cue, here comes the comments about how this ride isn't enough and Universal is oh so much better....

I will never understand why people are always comparing WDW to UO. It's apples to oranges. It's one thing to prefer one over the another, but they are two completely different parks with different goals and different target audiences. Like a PP said, if you're looking for thrill rides, go to a local amusement park and you'll find them. Don't make the trip and spend the money on WDW if that's all you're looking for.

That's what I was wondering. Will it be like an indoor goofy's barnstormer with a bit more theming?

No, I wouldn't characterize it that way at all. Most every description I've read says it will be between Barnstormer and Big Thunder in terms of intensity. The swinging vehicle design at least puts it in a different category than Barnstormer. It will also have some traits akin to a more traditional dark ride.

MichiganDVC said:
Weird... I just posted in another thread a few days ago about how even if Disney does make new rides, everyone's just going to complain about them anyway. And right on cue, here comes the comments about how this ride isn't enough and Universal is oh so much better....

Evs...clearly I need to explain.

I LOVED all of New Fantasyland. Great theming...BOG was fabulous, and the little Mermaid ride was adorable for a basic dark ride. ETWB isnt for me and I doubt I'll ever go back... just seemed a little too "kiddie" for me, but I can totally see how it will be super popular with families. I can't wait for the roller coaster to be finished... it looks like its going to be a ton of fun!

My complaint is how long its taking to finish the whole thing... it's still not done and has no plans to be done until sometime maybe next year (and how long ago was the expansion announced??), where as universal is managing to do their upgrades lightning fast. Lots of upgrades too.

That's all I'm saying...Hurry up Disney. Heck they announced Avatarland and havent done a darn thing since.

Just my opinion. Worth noting that I am a self proclaimed Disney apologist who snorts pixie dust and my farts smell like Mickey waffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter