~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

What a great idea to sell your bags to have money for another trip. Hope Josh doesn't object and I can't see why he would now. March is a great time to go, although spring break can be really busy if you're going then. We still had a great time when my daughter's family came down then and just made sure we made it to rope drop. We got so much done before it got too busy and hot. It was high 80's the whole week they were there.

Love your tree as I always do. We are putting ours up today. My husband usually helps me set it up and then leaves it to me, but I kind of like decorating it myself. I did get the last of my outside decorations finished Friday when it was so warm out. Couldn't believe I was outside in just a sweatshirt and I almost felt too warm. I have decided I need to get a new tree for my Disney ornaments. I have it on a desk and it could be a little taller and the branches stronger. It was a pretty cheap tree I got at Michael's. Many of my ornaments are too heavy and I have too many now. I'm even thinking of just getting a 6 foot tree. But then I have to find a place to put another tree. My husband said unless you're going to stop buying ornaments you better get a big one, lol.

Golden Corral was great! It's like Old Country Buffet if you ever ate there, and they are taking over most of their old buildings since Old Country went out of business. They had so many sliced meats that my kids didn't even have turkey! We were planning on noon but decided to go at 11:30 thinking we'd have to wait in line. We only had to wait maybe 10 minutes, but when we left the line was quite long. I think next year I will make dinner though as it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving. I'm glad we tried it though.

I did most of my Black Friday shopping online this year. My granddaughters made me a list at Kohl's and I was able to find quite a few things online and have it delivered. Now I'll just have to get back there to spend the Kohl's cash I earned. I was even able to order a small tv at Target on Friday morning and get the 20% off coupon. We needed to replace a 20" tv in our computer room and got a 32". I was surprised to see it still available. I imagine most people are looking for big ones, but this one is perfect for this room.

Hope your talk with Josh goes well and he doesn't object to your trip.

Just a quick reply...I completely understand your decision on the SBW bag and can’t wait to see the new one when you get to it. I would have loved to buy your SBW bag in the auction yesterday but just couldn’t....I’ve spent more on Christmas by a long shot than I had planned. Darn stress spending.

Your Christmas decorations are lovely. I love how you display the nativity. I’m getting a new nativity for Christmas this year...other than tgat and my yearly dated silver bell I’m not letting myself buy any Christmas decor this year. But it’s so tempting.

Thanksgiving was nice but hard at the same time. I miss my family. Brie went back to school a day early because there isn’t a bedroom for her here (well, only because MIL hasn’t offered to let Brie use her office, which has a sofa sleeper) and so she slept with me and Mark slept on the couch. Brie and I had a good cry about how hard these changes have been and she and I are both worried about Christmas when she’s here for almost three weeks with no friends to hang out with. I suggested flying her back home for a short visit but she doesn’t want to impose on anyone and wouldn’t have a car to get around. It’s just hard and I’m not sure what we’re going to do. *sigh*

I did a little Black Friday shopping with the girls but Brie isn’t a shopper at all so we weren’t out long before the crowds got to her and even got to alyssa. Yesterday we went to a new outdoor shopping center that we lived and it wasn’t crowded at all. It was nice to spend time with them.

Hugs!

Hi, D! I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth-I'm just on the other side of it, LOL. I am sorry that I have been absent here for a while. I am trying to get caught up. I am glad we are FB friends and I get glimpses here and there. Your bags are fabulous this fall. And I am sure it must feel strange and difficult to try to part with some of your old, beloved ones. But I am excited to see the new ones and the outfits that go along with them. I am so jealous of your Black Friday fun! I have always loved Black Friday- just for the adventure of waking up early and "hunting" bargains with family or friends. Here, unfortunately, it was "just Friday", Lol. Oh Well, it will make it that much more fun when we get back to the states.
We have been busy over here. Quinn continues to make slow progress on her speech. She's had trouble sleeping the past few weeks, so I have had some 3 am late nights with her. We had her first evaluation with the child psychologist this morning, but it will take a few sessions before they give a diagnosis. My understanding is that if they do diagnosis her with Autism Spectrum Disorder, it automatically makes us ineligible for overseas duty assignment, and we would be sent back to the States. However, the red tape and paperwork that goes along with this is massive. There have been kids who were diagnosed 18 months ago and still have not received orders to return to the States. The good news for Quinn is that all the interventions she needs (right now) are available to her here. The blanket rule for all kids on ASD is a rule set by Navy Medicine and is kind of unfair because there is such a huge variety of reasons a child can be placed on the Spectrum. Anyway, for now, she is doing ok. She is happy and physically healthy and everything else will come when she is ready.
In other news, Emma had a fracture in her arm from a bike wreck. It didn't go all the way through and she didn't complain of it hurting unless she bumped it, so I thought it was just bruised. It was still swollen a week later, so I took her in and sure enough... It was fractured. So, she had a 1/2 cast and a sling and new braces on her teeth. She was very upset and to use her words "like the ugliest 11 year old ever. Seriously, Mom." She has been down on herself the last few weeks. I fear the dreaded pre-teen is starting to rear its head, Lol. She got her cast off the day before Thanksgiving, so that was a relief. We worried that she might need it for longer and would have it when we go to Hawaii. We are less that 3 weeks from our trip and are super excited. I am beyond excited to see my parents and my brother and family. Not to mention going to Aulani! I still can't believe we made it happen!

I am so thrilled to hear your financial plans are coming to fruition and that your girls are following right there with you. What an amazing head start you have given them by learning these lessons early in life! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I sure am Thankful you are here and have such an open heart to share your life with us. :hug:

Good luck! I know you will find a way to make this work

I will be talking in-depth about the March trip below. :)

Hah! :)

I think I saw your plan last night! Lol great thinking! I hope it all works out for you.

I’ve commented on your bags and ears on Facebook, but just want to say again how awesome they are! I know the payoff for ears isn’t nearly as good for the time it takes to make them as opposed to your UPB’s but you definitely have a talent in the ear department and i would definitely be interested if you ever decide to venture off into ear land

Yes - I thought it was a great plan. :) Thank you - I"ll be talking about the March trip below.

Thank you - I am having so much fun doing Ears... It's definitely a Type A personality thing, where everything must coordinate and match perfectly. LOL Not sure how far I want to venture into Earl land??? It's a pretty heavily occupied space. :scratchin

How great that you have found a way to fund an AP for yourself without taking anything from your budget. I'm sure Josh will let you go when you tell him he can have a new bed

Pixie dust to you and hopefully Josh will say yes.

Thanks Lillian... I will be talking about the March trip below. :)

Glad you found a way to make it work, because my opinion (and I know mine counts for soooo much, lol) would have been to get the AP...but then I am a total Disney enabler.

LOL... I am a total Disney enabler too - so I fell your pain. I will be talking about the March trip below. :)

You got a great deal on that bedding! Our three year old mattress has sagged badly, especially on DH's side of the bed. I hate mattress shopping.

AP's are very addictive. I just renewed mine today for our January trip. They become very much worth the price, though, with all the discounts, including the 35% AP discount we got at the Beach Club.

You deserve this, especially with the way you have worked so hard to pay off debt.

Besides, now you can think about a lovely fall trip

We are going to Disney in four days and we aren't packed yet. We are having fourteen people for dinner on Thanksgiving and I am hanging around on the Dis.

Yes - our bedding deal was awesome! I was honestly expecting to have to pay that total price for just the mattress pad alone. :woohoo:

I agree - I sure do miss my AP... One day I will have one again. ::yes::

I will be talking about the March trip below.

You must be there by now? Enjoy your trip Sue! :)

Sounds like a good idea not to talk about the Spring trip with Josh yesterday. As you said timing is everything.
Good luck with talking to Josh about the trip

Have a great day

Thanks! I will be talking about the March trip below. :)

Annoying. In New York, they give you the ticket but if you get the light fixed within a day or 2 , send in proof you don’t have to pay the ticket.

Yikes. Hope you get everything taken care of.

I’m so unorganized. Realized I’m down to my last 4 sticks of butter when I went to soften them for my cakes.
I’m going to run to Costco or bjs now. Hopefully my bread doesn’t override

Well, V didn't even get a ticket... Just a polite "letting her know about it" stop. Which was nice... It still isn't fixed... It's not a light or a fuse - it appears to be a wiring issue. Sigh.

I hope everything went well?

Sorry about V.'s taillight. In Ohio they give you a few days to fix it and show them that it works before getting a ticket.
I'd wait to talk to Josh, too. You want him to be in a better mood.
You asked about the weather here. I live with a half mile of Lake Erie. That means that until the lake freezes, the snow falls a few miles South of me in what's called the snowbelt. Onces the lake freezes, we get more snow. We aren't normally as cold as you but it can be very cold when one those fronts come across the lake from Canada.
I can't wait to see what the new SBM will look like.
I hope you got everything taken care of for your dad. It's a good thing you live close by now.
Have a happy Thanksgiving
Liz

No ticket or warning issued... He just let her know that it was out... I think he saw on her registration that she had just purchased the car.

I'll be talking about the March trip below.

Ahhh - so you get lake effect snow... Much like the Duluth area of MN. ::yes::

I am so excited about the new SBW... I will be ordering the fabric for him today or tomorrow... I ordered some of the interior fabrics yesterday. I have to make V's first bag first though. My new SBW will be the last item I make before we leave... Our count down is getting small - and I am getting a little nervous that I don't have enough time to get everything on my list finished. :scratchin

Thank you - I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, as well. :lovestruc

It is a good thing you caught that paperwork in time. I'd hate to think what hoops your dad would have to jump threw if it didn't get filed in time.

I won't be on tomorrow so I'll wish you a Happy Thanksgiving today.

The first year I did his paperwork - I filed it late because I didn't know... It wasn't terrible and they were able to retro-activate it... It's more work for them than it is for me - but I don't like to create extra work. ::yes::

Thank you - I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving too! :lovestruc

Have a nice Thanksgiving and I'm sending trip vibes for your talk with Josh.

Thank you - same to you!

I will be talking about the March trip below. :)

So good things for you and yours today--V's taillight and not citation. You got your Dad's documents done in time! Good luck on the proper timing for the next trip--timing is everything!

Good news for my DS's good friend. I visited with him and his family on Tuesday at the hospital--his first day back in the US. Got to see him, but he was sedated. DS saw him yesterday too. Today the VP visited the hospital! DS went to visit this afternoon and his friend gave him a big hug and was communicating! You can imagine this was an amazing thing to hear. So our Thanksgiving will involve more smiles knowing that he's doing better. He has a long road to recovery, but he's headed in the right direction!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Yup, all is good... I will be talking about the March trip below. :)

I know I mentioned it on Thanksgiving, but what wonderful news!!! :woohoo: I hope to hear that he has continued to improve since then. Sending continued Pixie Dust! :hug:

Thank you - same to you!

Have a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving with your family Dorine! Enjoy!!!

Thank you Carol! Same to you! :hug:

Hi D~! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

March trip-ABSOLUTELY do it! You may never get another chance to watch someone you know in the parade
Your UP bag is sooo AMAZING, I LOVE IT . I agree with Ariana a brown shirt would look good and adding a pocket in the fabric from the bag would be super cute!

Target-so sorry you are losing your local store and job

So happy to see you succeeding in your health goal and your family doing well!

Life for me has been crazy and busy, but should settle down soon so I can be a regular on the dis again

Monica

Hi Monica! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too! :)

I will be talking about the March trip below... :)

Thanks! I am so excited about the UP set - I can't hardly contain myself. LOL I am still working on shirt options... I found a rose gold color type shirt on Black Friday that might go well with it - I haven't tried them on together... We will see. ::yes::

Thanks! I am working hard at my health goals! ::yes::

I can tell - LOL - every time I see you on FB, you are somewhere else around the world! Girl!!!! LOL I love following your adventures!

It's always great to see you here! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Just caught up after being off the boards for a while. Your UP bag and ears are the best! We LOVE that movie in our house and you have done a fabulous job capturing it!

Thank you! I truly enjoyed making this set! I cannot wait to wear it in the parks - it's definitely unique!

Go for the AP! Good Luck picking the perfect time to ask. I don't have any trips scheduled but we are hoping to take my new GrandBaby for her 1st birthday. Maybe in November 2018. I love going in November. I may have to sneak in a quick side trip at some point before then though it feels like it has been too long. I often wish I felt more comfortable trying it alone - I might just do it one day for a quick trip to try it out.

Thanks! I will be talking about the March trip below. :)

Awwwwh - congratulations!!! How fun to take Grands to WDW... My day will come - but not too soon. LOL

I think it would be fun to do solo one day - however, then my "frugal" side kicks in, and I always find a way to tag along or to bring someone with me. :scratchin No sense in paying full price for a hotel room. LOL

I’ve been reading your plans for a while (i think back to Allison’s grad trip), and I think your commitment to Black Friday is what brought me out of the woodwork! I can’t imagine waking up that early and then being upright for the rest of the day.

I’m also loving reading about your plans — a friend and i booked a similar impulse trip in September (for December), and i am getting so excited. Your outfits put mine to shame, though. Can’t wait to read more!

Welcome! We always have so much fun shopping on Black Friday! And we prefer low to no crowds - so it works best for us to go in the middle of the night... Besides, it's kind of exciting to go then... 364 nights a year, I am in bed by 8... I feel like such a rebel going out during the night. :lmao:

It's so fun to book like we did - I forsee many future trips planned this way... I can't believe how quickly it's coming! :woohoo:

Outfit planning is half the fun! I love finding things that coordinate! ::yes::

Again - welcome! I am glad you posted. :)

**************************************************************************************************************

Alrighty... The March trip...

This was a tough one guys. So, I finally talked to Josh yesterday morning... He wouldn't give me a definitive "yes" or "no" answer - instead I got a "I don't know what to tell ya, Hon"... :scratchin End of conversation.

For days now, I've been turning it over and over in my head... Calculating Disney math scenario after scenario... This park pass, that AP, this town car, that Uber, less food, more food... I was driving myself a little batty with it all. Honestly - and I was having a lot of anxiety over it. I felt backed into a corner... I've learned over the years, when I feel that way, usually the decision is a wrong one and it leads to bigger mistakes.

Even though I had found a way to fully fund the trip + an AP, it was my own decision to not take the trip. As much as I want to go, as much as I want to see Katie play, as much as I want to spend this time with my cousin... I am already doing SO MUCH this year - and especially during this time frame... I cannot justify - not even financially - just as a responsible person in general - another trip right in between two really big trips. ::yes::

Once I made the final decision to not take the trip yesterday... My anxiety was gone. I felt peace with my decision. I knew I chose the right thing.

I texted my cousin, I felt terrible, but she promised me it was OK. I still want to do a trip to WDW with her one day - the timing for this one is just wrong. As far as I can tell - there are no hurt feelings at all, and all is good.

So, ONE WDW trip this year (at the moment)... And it will be a good trip, a wonderful trip. ::yes::

**************************************************************************************************************

Now we are left with a bit of extra cash... I don't think I have ever said that a month before Christmas before. :scratchin Thank God for good budgets. ::yes:: It almost terrifies me now to think of where we were, financially, one year ago... ::yes::

Josh and I still have to decide together what we are going to do... I have a few ideas...

I'd like to use some of it to take a bit extra spending $$ down to WDW with us... Possibly do a dinner show? I've always wanted to do one and never have. Specifically HDDMR. ::yes:: That's one option.

My old winter coat is too large... I would like to spend the $$ and get a new winter coat. A good one. I am a freeze baby. ::yes::

It our 20th wedding anniversary in a few weeks... I'd like to go out for a NICE dinner. :lovestruc

And finally... The remainder - I think should go towards a new mattress. ::yes:: I don't think it would cover the entire purchase - but it would make a HUGE dent in the cost of it.

Those are my ideas... We will see what Josh has to say about it. :)

I had a really awesome day yesterday... I finished up the Christmas decorating... I hung stockings, I decorated the TV console. I didn't get the front porch done - I actually forgot all about it until now. :eek:

Yesterday afternoon, I packed up one of my smaller trees and a bunch of Christmas decor to bring to Dad's. I met Allison there when she got off of work, and her and I spent some time decorating Dad's tree and the outside of his apartment door. He was so HAPPY!!!! He loved watching us decorate! I fear, and I know, that Christmas and the holidays in general, have been a very lonely time for him these past years... I feel a LOT of guilt over it, as I know that I am to blame. :( I am trying hard to make up for lost time - if a thing like that can happen? More than anything - with this move - is that I want him to feel that he is important, because he is. :lovestruc

7129BDDB-DF38-4C16-9913-24B8DEA12D7A.jpg

2FAAFD9E-B9CE-4D0E-9578-25541255ADD2.jpg

Isn't the tree cute? I just love it! It's the perfect size for his apartment, and it turned out so nice. :lovestruc He was just like a little kid yesterday and it was so good to see him that way! ::yes:: This is going to be a wonderful holiday season!

After Dad's... Allison and I came home. We all had Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner - they are almost gone... We just have a bit of turkey left and a bit of pie.

My eating was perfect yesterday and I am back to working out this morning... I think I am going to add the 30 Day Shred back into my routine, either this week or next week, as we are coming into the final countdown before our trip. ::yes:: And I like to get a good stint of the 30DS in before trips. ::yes::

This week - I have a busy week ahead... Mostly work. I am not scheduled at Target this week - so I have a good amount of time upstairs, which is good. ::yes::

V and I have to do a couple of Black Friday exchanges tomorrow, and I also have a hair appointment tomorrow - which is badly needed... So, I think I am taking tomorrow off upstairs - or a good portion of it anyways...

And that's it, the rest of the week is working and a couple of lunches with Dad. We have my brother this coming weekend - and it's his 40th birthday coming up - so we will celebrate that while he is here. :)

I will finish up the remaining replies that I didn't get to today - hopefully tomorrow. :lovestruc Thanks for being patient. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone, and I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!

D~

Last edited:

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving with family.

Sounds like you got a lot done on Black Friday and had a fun time doing it as well.

Your Christmas decorations looks great.

Your dad's Christmas tree is so cute. I'm so glad to hear he is enjoying the holidays so far.

It sounds like the best decision for you was to not take the Disney trip in March.

Now with the extra money in your budget you can get the mattress. I'm sure Josh is looking forward to that with his bad back.

This weekend Ulf and I were in Oslo with some geocaching friends. We had a great time. Our flight was at 2PM so I got up a little early to see if there was any good Black Friday offers, but there were not much good offers. A PC game I have wanted for some time now was 50% off so that was a very good offer. I bought the game and I bought me a new computer which was 15% off. 15% off is better than nothing, but I don't feel it was a very good deal. Since I need a new computer I bought it. It will arrive around 5th December.

Happy Thanksgiving - a little late. I saw your Christmas decorations on FB and your home looks lovely.

I was off all last week and my hubby had a few vacation days left, so he took off of work and we decided to paint our family room/kitchen (great room). I’ve been wanting to paint these rooms forever since the builders paint was still on the walls, and after 8 years and two kids, the walls were looking rough. If there is one thing hubby and I hate doing, it’s painting. We got several price quotes and the cheapest was right at $1000 :scared: Since we are trying to be more responsible with money and stick to a budget, we needed to paint the rooms ourselves. We started the Monday night before Thanksgiving, painted most of the day on Tuesday and Wednesday, and finished after a little painting on Friday and Saturday. It certainly wasn’t fun days off of work for either of us but it’s done, looks great, and we only spent about $350 - well within our budget. ::yes::
All of that to say, we decorated the inside of our house on Saturday night and the outside yesterday. I’m so happy that’s done, too. I always feel so accomplished when the decorating is done. Now to finish up some shopping.

As hard as I’m sure it is to not go on the Disney trip in March, you made the right decision since you have peace about it. Sometimes adulting is hard, lol.

Believe it or not - brown isn't easy to find... Especially for one as picky as I am. LOL There is one at Target I may end up getting...

I totally believe you on this one! I've been searching for one to go under my Country Bears T-shirt that I plan on wearing this January. I have three "go-to's" for plain shirts are Sonoma and Croft & Barrow at Kohls and Christopher and Banks. None of them have brown! Well C & B does have a three quarter length sleeve brown shirt but I really want full length. I guess I will be sticking with the grey shirt even though it bothers me that it doesn't match perfectly. :rotfl:

I love seeing all of your decorations!

I haven't done Black Friday for several years. I planned on shopping online that day but I did so much decorating and cleaning on Thanksgiving that I was just too tired on Friday. We went to see Coco instead which was awesome!

Have a great day!

We did have a good Thanksgiving. Although, there was an incident with the dressing at the inlaws' Thanksgiving day dinner. My husband's parents are still with us at 93 and 86, and as long as they are we will have the Thanksgiving day meal with his family (one of my husband's sisters hosts it now). My husband's niece, who's in her 30s, married with kids, so not a novice cook, made the dressing this year, and no one was forewarned that she wasn't making traditional southern cornbread dressing - what she made was dark brown, dry, with no cornbread in it and had cherries, mushrooms, craisins and maybe golden raisins too. :eek: I tried it because I felt bad for her - no one was taking any - but we all felt robbed of our Thanksgiving, if you know what I mean. We're all from the south, including her, and it was just odd. I don't mind experimenting but usually someone will test a recipe and still have the regular stuff too.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving I always cook a Thanksgiving meal for my immediate family, because while they happily go to my inlaws', it's not Thanksgiving to them without MY cooking. And I made cornbread dressing, LOL.

Your decorating looks great! With just my husband and son left at home, I usually pull out my red and green kitchen towels and call Christmas decorating "done". :laughing:

Hoop Dee Doo is a lot of fun. We did it once with our daughter, son in law and two grandchildren.

It is nice that you can spend more time with your Dad during the Christmas holidays than in the past.

We are at the Grand Floridian pool right now, enjoying our vacation. I hope it is warm like this for the January trip. :)

Last edited:
Your decorating all looks so nice! I love how excited you said your Dad was to get his apt into the holiday spirit. My DH put our tree up this weekend but it isn't decorated yet nor the rest of the house. We leave for WDW on Sat. and it's been so hectic with Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, our grandson's 1st birthday and getting ready to travel. If all my normal decorating doesn't get done, it's OK. I decided to not pressure myself so much since no one else seems to care. It seems you made the right decision opting out of the March trip. Sometimes we just have to trust our gut instincts. I'm sure you feel the weight of the world off your shoulders. I know when I struggle that much with a decision and keep going back and forth, it's probably not the right thing to do. But, you have a lot to look forward to!

Hahaha... I have a few stragglers... I have a Wayne and a Fred that I wear as a last resort - but they don't like it when I do that. :lmao:

I seriously did LOL at this :) "They don't like when I do that." I bet not!! :) LOL

Isn't the tree cute? I just love it! It's the perfect size for his apartment, and it turned out so nice. :lovestruc He was just like a little kid yesterday and it was so good to see him that way! ::yes:: This is going to be a wonderful holiday season!

Love all your Christmas decorations, as always!! Your Nativity is just beautiful, and I Love that there is history with it in your family--that makes it all the more special!

Your Dad's little tree looks just perfect. Reading that part of your post made me teary because I remember decorating for Christmas in my Grandma's little room and she was just so giddy about each little thing we put out. :( Last year was our first without her and I think being away at WDW really helped!! This year, spending Christmas at home without her is going to be tough!!

On a happier note!! You just made my day yesterday! I was SUPER excited, like you have no idea! Can't wait to get my package in the mail! :)

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving with you family.
Your Christmas decorations are really nice. You really go all out. Your dad looks so happy in the pictures from Thanksgiving and at his apartment after you decorated it for him.
It sounds like you and your girls had a lot of fun Christmas shopping. I hung around after work on Thanksgiving and did some shopping with my son in law's sister ans niece. The sale started at 6 and I was home by about 7. I got what I wanted and left. The store was crazy. At the store meeting this morning, the manager said we did much better than expected. Most of the sales were on Friday not Thanksgiving.
I did put up the Christmas wreath on my front door and took down the Thanksgiving decorations outside. I haven't decided if I'm putting up the outdoor stuff yet. Next to my neighbors, my stuff looks really sad. I still have to get a tree. I get an extra discount this week for working thursday and friday. I'll probably use it for that and I also have a savings catcher gift card I can use.
It sounds like you made the best decision for you concerning the spring dw trip. you just have so much going on next year.
have a good day
Liz

Your Black Friday shopping experience sounds fun! I didn't have much luck on Friday with my shopping ,but much better shopping online. I'm having quite the year, since my in-laws and my own parents have both had health issues arise. My husband has spent a total of 3 months with his mom this year in Florida helping to care for her. It has definitely added to my work load at home with 2 teen son's at home and working FT. I love reading your updates and seeing all your beautiful bags and coordinating ears. Thanks for sharing

I had to chime in Dorine; I was laughing to hard. My decorating is so disorganized and nothing like your Better Homes and Garden beauty. You have such an eye for it all. I have 3 cats so I can't put much out. And this year I have a huge challenge. My youngster cat who is now a year and a half old and is HUGE is so completely crazy he was a lot smaller last year and just about destroyed our tree, I don't know what we are going to do this year. He is about 10 pounds heavier:) And when you try to discipline him he decides its a challenge. Hoo boy. I am going to try just about every natural method there is to keep him away from my tree. Hanging rosemary inside, putting cotton balls with lemon essence inside, and lining the bottom with lemon and orange peels. Yes, I am nuts. But I love my tree and will do anything to keep it upright and semi-together. I love what your Dad's tree too! He looks so happy in his Thanksgiving pic and his pic at his apartment. This makes my heart smile. Your Thanksgiving feast sounded delicious.

You did what you feel is right with the March WDW trip. Sounds like a wonderful plan with what to do with extra money. Your 20th is coming up Dorine? That is so wonderful.

November is almost over and December is almost here! So exciting for you and your girls, your trip is on a short countdown! Looking forward to more updates. Sending love.

Your dad is too cute, I loved his messy hair in the thanksgiving picture!!!

Your right sometimes we know when something is not the right decision for us and then you have to go with your gut!! You will go on that trip one day!!

I need to read up on this intermittent fasting, I need to get on track to be healthier, and I need to get my budget on track.

What a great idea to sell your bags to have money for another trip. Hope Josh doesn't object and I can't see why he would now. March is a great time to go, although spring break can be really busy if you're going then. We still had a great time when my daughter's family came down then and just made sure we made it to rope drop. We got so much done before it got too busy and hot. It was high 80's the whole week they were there.

Love your tree as I always do. We are putting ours up today. My husband usually helps me set it up and then leaves it to me, but I kind of like decorating it myself. I did get the last of my outside decorations finished Friday when it was so warm out. Couldn't believe I was outside in just a sweatshirt and I almost felt too warm. I have decided I need to get a new tree for my Disney ornaments. I have it on a desk and it could be a little taller and the branches stronger. It was a pretty cheap tree I got at Michael's. Many of my ornaments are too heavy and I have too many now. I'm even thinking of just getting a 6 foot tree. But then I have to find a place to put another tree. My husband said unless you're going to stop buying ornaments you better get a big one, lol.

Golden Corral was great! It's like Old Country Buffet if you ever ate there, and they are taking over most of their old buildings since Old Country went out of business. They had so many sliced meats that my kids didn't even have turkey! We were planning on noon but decided to go at 11:30 thinking we'd have to wait in line. We only had to wait maybe 10 minutes, but when we left the line was quite long. I think next year I will make dinner though as it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving. I'm glad we tried it though.

I did most of my Black Friday shopping online this year. My granddaughters made me a list at Kohl's and I was able to find quite a few things online and have it delivered. Now I'll just have to get back there to spend the Kohl's cash I earned. I was even able to order a small tv at Target on Friday morning and get the 20% off coupon. We needed to replace a 20" tv in our computer room and got a 32". I was surprised to see it still available. I imagine most people are looking for big ones, but this one is perfect for this room.

Hope your talk with Josh goes well and he doesn't object to your trip.

Sadly - I didn't get to your quote in time, but I have decided not to go to WDW in March - it wasn't a very hard decision to make and I am still very much at peace with it. :)

Thank you - hahaha... I know, as I was organizing Christmas decor - I have enough for 3 more big trees, at least. I may have to divide up some of the ornaments between the girls and I when they move out. ::yes:: Thankfully - I purchased almost everything at 90% off, so it wasn't a huge waste of $$. ::yes::

Yes - OCB was Dad's all time favorite place to go... He was very sad when they closed. Their food and restaurant condition got to be pretty nasty those last years though - so I hope Golden Corral is much better?

Glad you were able to get a lot of your shopping done. I am done, done, done with everyone - except for gift card purchases... Those I am waiting on, just because I don't feel rushed... And - one year I purchased them early - put them in a safe place... I have yet to find them. :eek: So, I am waiting. LOL

Just a quick reply...I completely understand your decision on the SBW bag and can’t wait to see the new one when you get to it. I would have loved to buy your SBW bag in the auction yesterday but just couldn’t....I’ve spent more on Christmas by a long shot than I had planned. Darn stress spending.

Your Christmas decorations are lovely. I love how you display the nativity. I’m getting a new nativity for Christmas this year...other than tgat and my yearly dated silver bell I’m not letting myself buy any Christmas decor this year. But it’s so tempting.

Thanksgiving was nice but hard at the same time. I miss my family. Brie went back to school a day early because there isn’t a bedroom for her here (well, only because MIL hasn’t offered to let Brie use her office, which has a sofa sleeper) and so she slept with me and Mark slept on the couch. Brie and I had a good cry about how hard these changes have been and she and I are both worried about Christmas when she’s here for almost three weeks with no friends to hang out with. I suggested flying her back home for a short visit but she doesn’t want to impose on anyone and wouldn’t have a car to get around. It’s just hard and I’m not sure what we’re going to do. *sigh*

I did a little Black Friday shopping with the girls but Brie isn’t a shopper at all so we weren’t out long before the crowds got to her and even got to alyssa. Yesterday we went to a new outdoor shopping center that we lived and it wasn’t crowded at all. It was nice to spend time with them.

Hugs!

I am very excited about all of my bags for this upcoming trip... My SBW fabric will ship on Monday and I am soooo excited for it! :woohoo: Overall, once SBW is done, I'll have managed to make 5 new bag sets for myself this trip - when I didn't plan to make any. :eek: LOL With 7 full days down there - I think I am only going to bring 6 bag sets... All of my new ones, plus my original red/black Mickey Pluto - so on one of our non-park days, I'll wear a bag set twice - which I don't really care too much about, as we don't take many pictures of ourselves on those off days - as there aren't many Photopass photographers not in the parks. ::yes::

Thank you! Yay!!! You decided to get the new Nativity? Good for you - I hope you'll share pictures, I am anxious to see it - and it will be a lovely addition to your new home when you get settled. :lovestruc

Yikes! Brie has no where to sleep there? How awkward is that? Poor girl! You would think that she would be offered somewhere to lay her head. I sure hope the next holiday goes better for her. :hug:

I am glad that you were able to spend some time with the girls though - I do know how precious that is! :lovestruc

Sorry it took me so long to get to replies - my week just got away from me, I hope you are well. :lovestruc

Hi, D! I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth-I'm just on the other side of it, LOL. I am sorry that I have been absent here for a while. I am trying to get caught up. I am glad we are FB friends and I get glimpses here and there. Your bags are fabulous this fall. And I am sure it must feel strange and difficult to try to part with some of your old, beloved ones. But I am excited to see the new ones and the outfits that go along with them. I am so jealous of your Black Friday fun! I have always loved Black Friday- just for the adventure of waking up early and "hunting" bargains with family or friends. Here, unfortunately, it was "just Friday", Lol. Oh Well, it will make it that much more fun when we get back to the states.
We have been busy over here. Quinn continues to make slow progress on her speech. She's had trouble sleeping the past few weeks, so I have had some 3 am late nights with her. We had her first evaluation with the child psychologist this morning, but it will take a few sessions before they give a diagnosis. My understanding is that if they do diagnosis her with Autism Spectrum Disorder, it automatically makes us ineligible for overseas duty assignment, and we would be sent back to the States. However, the red tape and paperwork that goes along with this is massive. There have been kids who were diagnosed 18 months ago and still have not received orders to return to the States. The good news for Quinn is that all the interventions she needs (right now) are available to her here. The blanket rule for all kids on ASD is a rule set by Navy Medicine and is kind of unfair because there is such a huge variety of reasons a child can be placed on the Spectrum. Anyway, for now, she is doing ok. She is happy and physically healthy and everything else will come when she is ready.
In other news, Emma had a fracture in her arm from a bike wreck. It didn't go all the way through and she didn't complain of it hurting unless she bumped it, so I thought it was just bruised. It was still swollen a week later, so I took her in and sure enough... It was fractured. So, she had a 1/2 cast and a sling and new braces on her teeth. She was very upset and to use her words "like the ugliest 11 year old ever. Seriously, Mom." She has been down on herself the last few weeks. I fear the dreaded pre-teen is starting to rear its head, Lol. She got her cast off the day before Thanksgiving, so that was a relief. We worried that she might need it for longer and would have it when we go to Hawaii. We are less that 3 weeks from our trip and are super excited. I am beyond excited to see my parents and my brother and family. Not to mention going to Aulani! I still can't believe we made it happen!

I am so thrilled to hear your financial plans are coming to fruition and that your girls are following right there with you. What an amazing head start you have given them by learning these lessons early in life! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I sure am Thankful you are here and have such an open heart to share your life with us. :hug:

Brandi!!!! It's great to see you, my friend! :hug:

It is a little strange and weird to see my old bags go... It's like saying good-bye to an old friend... Buuuuut - it's FUN and AWESOME when I get to see the new owners enjoying them just as much as I did... Why not give them new life - they'd just hang here forever otherwise. :) Jackie @missjackiemcg posted a picture yesterday - and OMG, my (former) Toy Story bag never looked so good on someone!!! I loved it! :lovestruc

It has always seemed to me that the military is one large blanket of red tape, no matter the situation. :hug: Sending you lots of hugs as you go through this process and everything gets sorted out. I know that you are a great momma and Quinn is so lucky to have you fighting for her! :lovestruc Thinking of you always - keep me updated please... And always feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it. :hug:

Yikes - Emma!!!! Glad it's off already - but wow! Gotta have drama in life, right? I hated those pre-teen years, I was never so thankful as when my girls were out of middle-school and into high school... It did get a little better then. And now that they are both out of high school - the drama is very, very little - thank God! I swear it's a "right of passage", but not a fun one - though I do think that this time of their lives gives them good life skills to deal with bigger things later... It doesn't make it any easier and some of that "junk" stays with them for a long time... Never be afraid to get them counseling - saying this from experience - especially us military families - we deal with a lot of things that others can't even begin to comprehend. Sending hugs!!! Just be there for her, and hug her a lot... Listening is often more important than our opinions at this stage - but that never kept me quiet either. LOL

:woohoo: :woohoo: About Aluani.... :eek: So awesome!!!! So excited for you too!

Yes - it's hard to think back to where we were financially 1 year ago - things have changed a lot and we are so blessed. ::yes::

It was great to hear from you - thank you for the update. Sending hugs around the world! :hug:

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving with family.

Sounds like you got a lot done on Black Friday and had a fun time doing it as well.

Your Christmas decorations looks great.

Your dad's Christmas tree is so cute. I'm so glad to hear he is enjoying the holidays so far.

It sounds like the best decision for you was to not take the Disney trip in March.

Now with the extra money in your budget you can get the mattress. I'm sure Josh is looking forward to that with his bad back.

This weekend Ulf and I were in Oslo with some geocaching friends. We had a great time. Our flight was at 2PM so I got up a little early to see if there was any good Black Friday offers, but there were not much good offers. A PC game I have wanted for some time now was 50% off so that was a very good offer. I bought the game and I bought me a new computer which was 15% off. 15% off is better than nothing, but I don't feel it was a very good deal. Since I need a new computer I bought it. It will arrive around 5th December.

We did - thank you! It was so nice to gather with everyone and to have Dad here! :lovestruc

Hehehehe... We had a great time Black Friday shopping!

Thank you - you know how much I love decorating for Christmas. :lovestruc

I am very much at peace with my decision to not take the March trip - it was just becoming a huge burden, and I am glad that I made the decision I did. :) More is not always better. ::yes::

Hehehe... Well, we divided up the extra $$ into different categories... The largest chunk did go to the mattress - we haven't purchased it yet, but we are VERY close to having enough. :woohoo: I think we will have it before Christmas... 1 year ago, we never would have been able to make a "selfish" (but necessary) purchase like this, right before the holidays, and not have it affect other areas of our financial lives - so this is a HUGE accomplishment! ::yes::

Yay!!!! :woohoo: I am so glad you were able to get your new computer!!! That is awesome Lillian! I am a little bummed for you that you didn't get as good of a deal as you'd hoped for - but I am glad you were able to save a little bit. Congrats! I hope it's easy to set up once you get it and you are back to freely enjoying the internet. :woohoo:

Happy Thanksgiving - a little late. I saw your Christmas decorations on FB and your home looks lovely.

I was off all last week and my hubby had a few vacation days left, so he took off of work and we decided to paint our family room/kitchen (great room). I’ve been wanting to paint these rooms forever since the builders paint was still on the walls, and after 8 years and two kids, the walls were looking rough. If there is one thing hubby and I hate doing, it’s painting. We got several price quotes and the cheapest was right at $1000 :scared: Since we are trying to be more responsible with money and stick to a budget, we needed to paint the rooms ourselves. We started the Monday night before Thanksgiving, painted most of the day on Tuesday and Wednesday, and finished after a little painting on Friday and Saturday. It certainly wasn’t fun days off of work for either of us but it’s done, looks great, and we only spent about $350 - well within our budget.
All of that to say, we decorated the inside of our house on Saturday night and the outside yesterday. I’m so happy that’s done, too. I always feel so accomplished when the decorating is done. Now to finish up some shopping.

As hard as I’m sure it is to not go on the Disney trip in March, you made the right decision since you have peace about it. Sometimes adulting is hard, lol.

Thank you - I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, as well. :)

Ooooh - yikes! Those are some high painting quotes! I would have chosen to do it myself too - as much of a terrible job as it is... Just "painting" our living room turned into an entire living room/kitchen remodel. LOL That one kinda snowballed on us. :eek:

Woohoo to both of you for getting it done so quickly and efficiently... and I bet it looks awesome all decorated too!

I am still very much at peace about not taking the March trip... It was a kind of hard decision to make - but I knew it was right, and it still feels right - so I know I made the right decision. :lovestruc You are right - adulting is very hard... Especially with this darn Disney trip weakness that I have. ::yes::

I totally believe you on this one! I've been searching for one to go under my Country Bears T-shirt that I plan on wearing this January. I have three "go-to's" for plain shirts are Sonoma and Croft & Barrow at Kohls and Christopher and Banks. None of them have brown! Well C & B does have a three quarter length sleeve brown shirt but I really want full length. I guess I will be sticking with the grey shirt even though it bothers me that it doesn't match perfectly.

I love seeing all of your decorations!

I haven't done Black Friday for several years. I planned on shopping online that day but I did so much decorating and cleaning on Thanksgiving that I was just too tired on Friday. We went to see Coco instead which was awesome!

Have a great day!

Hahaha... Yah - no brown yet... I either do the Mossimo brand from Target... Or the Lands End modal l/s tops... No brown in either of those... I did find a nice aqua color that goes well though - so I think I am going to go with that. Odds are that I will have my jacket on over it most of the time anyways. :scratchin

Thank you - I love putting them up and I hate taking them down... Which has kept me from going "all out" this year. ::yes::

I've heard that's a great movie! I'd like to see it eventually. ::yes::

Thanks Ariana, you too! :lovestruc

We did have a good Thanksgiving. Although, there was an incident with the dressing at the inlaws' Thanksgiving day dinner. My husband's parents are still with us at 93 and 86, and as long as they are we will have the Thanksgiving day meal with his family (one of my husband's sisters hosts it now). My husband's niece, who's in her 30s, married with kids, so not a novice cook, made the dressing this year, and no one was forewarned that she wasn't making traditional southern cornbread dressing - what she made was dark brown, dry, with no cornbread in it and had cherries, mushrooms, craisins and maybe golden raisins too. :eek: I tried it because I felt bad for her - no one was taking any - but we all felt robbed of our Thanksgiving, if you know what I mean. We're all from the south, including her, and it was just odd. I don't mind experimenting but usually someone will test a recipe and still have the regular stuff too.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving I always cook a Thanksgiving meal for my immediate family, because while they happily go to my inlaws', it's not Thanksgiving to them without MY cooking. And I made cornbread dressing, LOL.

Your decorating looks great! With just my husband and son left at home, I usually pull out my red and green kitchen towels and call Christmas decorating "done".

Yikes!!! I totally understand - though we've never had cornbread stuffing... I prefer my stuffing to be more bready with herbs and spices... Every year - Josh makes it this way, but he adds cranberries and raisins too... I hate those in it - I just want it regular. LOL I agree though - when trying a new recipe, especially at a family event like that... A person should do the original and then a little of the new, to let people try it out. Hopefully next year - the original recipe is used, since this one didn't go over well. ::yes::

LOL - I am glad that you all got the cornbread dressing... Any interest in sharing your recipe??? I'd love to try it out. :lovestruc

Thank you... LOL I may be the same way once the girls move out - though I can't imagine... I just love Christmas! :lovestruc

Hoop Dee Doo is a lot of fun. We did it once with our daughter, son in law and two grandchildren.

It is nice that you can spend more time with your Dad during the Christmas holidays than in the past.

We are at the Grand Floridian pool right now, enjoying our vacation. I hope it is warm like this for the January trip.

I still haven't made a decision on HDDMR... It kind of locks us into plans on our "day off" - so I am having a hard time committing. I don't mind doing a late breakfast on those days - but I like to keep them open too, so we will see... :scratchin

I am loving spending more time with dad - it's so easy now!

Enjoy your time there!!! I hope it's warm then too! LOL

Your decorating all looks so nice! I love how excited you said your Dad was to get his apt into the holiday spirit. My DH put our tree up this weekend but it isn't decorated yet nor the rest of the house. We leave for WDW on Sat. and it's been so hectic with Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, our grandson's 1st birthday and getting ready to travel. If all my normal decorating doesn't get done, it's OK. I decided to not pressure myself so much since no one else seems to care. It seems you made the right decision opting out of the March trip. Sometimes we just have to trust our gut instincts. I'm sure you feel the weight of the world off your shoulders. I know when I struggle that much with a decision and keep going back and forth, it's probably not the right thing to do. But, you have a lot to look forward to!

Thank you! Yes - Dad loves his tree, and I've had so many compliments from the nurses too. It seems like not many people get to decorate their apartments? Sad.

Woohoo!!! You leave today!!!! Enjoy!!!! I agree - no need to worry about decorating when you have a trip to go on! :woohoo:

I still feel like I made the right decision about March... We have so much going on early this coming year - it wasn't even as much a financial decision as it was a mental decision. LOL

Enjoy your trip!!!! :lovestruc

I seriously did LOL at this :) "They don't like when I do that." I bet not!! :) LOL

Love all your Christmas decorations, as always!! Your Nativity is just beautiful, and I Love that there is history with it in your family--that makes it all the more special!

Your Dad's little tree looks just perfect. Reading that part of your post made me teary because I remember decorating for Christmas in my Grandma's little room and she was just so giddy about each little thing we put out. :( Last year was our first without her and I think being away at WDW really helped!! This year, spending Christmas at home without her is going to be tough!!

On a happier note!! You just made my day yesterday! I was SUPER excited, like you have no idea! Can't wait to get my package in the mail! :)

Hehehe... They don't like it when I do a lot of stuff. LOL But secretly - I think I add adventure to our "Target life" - so they keep me on. ::yes::

Thank you - I enjoy it all so much!

Thanks... It seems that not many get to decorate their apartments... I've had a lot of comments from the nurses - and it made me start to think that Dad is pretty lucky.

Sending you hugs about with your Grandma - I know that you were so close to her and the holidays are just so hard... It took me many Christmases to get used to my Mom being gone - and it was even harder, as the anniversary of her death is so close to Christmas - it will be 26 years this Christmas since we lost her - and though it does get easier some, it's always a very difficult time for me - I try hard to focus on what I do have and making the holiday extra special for those around me - that helps a lot too. Sending you lots of hugs my friend. :hug:

Wahoo!!! I saw your picture this morning and it made my day too!!! That bag never looked that good on me - you rock it my friend! Enjoy!!!! :lovestruc

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving with you family.
Your Christmas decorations are really nice. You really go all out. Your dad looks so happy in the pictures from Thanksgiving and at his apartment after you decorated it for him.
It sounds like you and your girls had a lot of fun Christmas shopping. I hung around after work on Thanksgiving and did some shopping with my son in law's sister ans niece. The sale started at 6 and I was home by about 7. I got what I wanted and left. The store was crazy. At the store meeting this morning, the manager said we did much better than expected. Most of the sales were on Friday not Thanksgiving.
I did put up the Christmas wreath on my front door and took down the Thanksgiving decorations outside. I haven't decided if I'm putting up the outdoor stuff yet. Next to my neighbors, my stuff looks really sad. I still have to get a tree. I get an extra discount this week for working thursday and friday. I'll probably use it for that and I also have a savings catcher gift card I can use.
It sounds like you made the best decision for you concerning the spring dw trip. you just have so much going on next year.
have a good day
Liz

Thanks! I am having so much fun enjoying all of the holiday decorations and festivities this year!

We did - I enjoy spending time with both of them, no matter what we are doing. :lovestruc

Glad to hear that you did so well on Black Friday! :woohoo:

I hope you were able to get your tree and everything decorated to your liking... It doesn't matter how it all looks - it's the heart that's in it that matters and I am sure yours looks beautiful!!! :lovestruc

I hope you had a nice "week after Thanksgiving" Liz! :)

Your Black Friday shopping experience sounds fun! I didn't have much luck on Friday with my shopping ,but much better shopping online. I'm having quite the year, since my in-laws and my own parents have both had health issues arise. My husband has spent a total of 3 months with his mom this year in Florida helping to care for her. It has definitely added to my work load at home with 2 teen son's at home and working FT. I love reading your updates and seeing all your beautiful bags and coordinating ears. Thanks for sharing

We did have a lot of fun - I always enjoy spending my time with the girls!

Yikes - you have had quite a year!!! I sure hope this coming year is much easier on your family - you have a lot on your plates! I understand the "single parenting" portion of it - as I did a LOT of that while the girls were growing up - it's never easy. Sending you hugs and strength my friend! :hug:

I am glad you are enjoying my updates. :lovestruc I love sharing here!

I had to chime in Dorine; I was laughing to hard. My decorating is so disorganized and nothing like your Better Homes and Garden beauty. You have such an eye for it all. I have 3 cats so I can't put much out. And this year I have a huge challenge. My youngster cat who is now a year and a half old and is HUGE is so completely crazy he was a lot smaller last year and just about destroyed our tree, I don't know what we are going to do this year. He is about 10 pounds heavier:) And when you try to discipline him he decides its a challenge. Hoo boy. I am going to try just about every natural method there is to keep him away from my tree. Hanging rosemary inside, putting cotton balls with lemon essence inside, and lining the bottom with lemon and orange peels. Yes, I am nuts. But I love my tree and will do anything to keep it upright and semi-together. I love what your Dad's tree too! He looks so happy in his Thanksgiving pic and his pic at his apartment. This makes my heart smile. Your Thanksgiving feast sounded delicious.

You did what you feel is right with the March WDW trip. Sounds like a wonderful plan with what to do with extra money. Your 20th is coming up Dorine? That is so wonderful.

November is almost over and December is almost here! So exciting for you and your girls, your trip is on a short countdown! Looking forward to more updates. Sending love.

Thanks! Your cats crack me up... I am sure it's frustrating - but I am glad to hear that you are trying many methods to see what works best... Hopefully you find something that works well so you can enjoy your tree this year!

Yes - I was so happy to get to decorate at Dad's... He loved it too. Also, I was cleaning off his table and I found your Thanksgiving card you sent him - thank you for always thinking of him - that means a lot to me! :lovestruc

Yes - I am still very much at peace with my decision. Yes - our 20th is right around the corner - it's hard to believe it's been that long... I've nearly lived half my life with this wonderful man! :lovestruc I definitely couldn't imagine my life any better or any different.

Can you believe it??? It's coming so quickly!!! :eek:

Always sending love, hugs and good thoughts your way Carol - you've become such a good friend to me over these years, and I am so grateful for it! :hug:

Your dad is too cute, I loved his messy hair in the thanksgiving picture!!!

Your right sometimes we know when something is not the right decision for us and then you have to go with your gut!! You will go on that trip one day!!

I need to read up on this intermittent fasting, I need to get on track to be healthier, and I need to get my budget on track.

Thanks! He's a goof-ball!!! We love him and his fun personality! Even if I do have to brush his hair for him every now n' then. LOL

I am still very much at peace with my decision... I am glad I chose what I did. :)

I love doing IF - it works well for me... It's MUCH easier though if you are "fat adapated" - which means, you burn fat for fueling your body vs. carbs... If you are a fat burner - a person has very few cravings. Lots of interesting info out there about it. ::yes::

If you have any questions - LMK, always happy to help. :)

Phew! All caught up on replies... it took me over an hour this morning! :eek:

Which means I have very little time for an update...

Just know that I have been super busy with work and life. ::yes::

OK - so I'll post a few pics and that will be the extent of my update today... I have Jonathan this weekend - and I need to leave in an hour to go get him... and I still need to shower...

First pic... I went back to the Eddie Bauer outlet this week - we weren't there for the coat, but I figured, since I was there - I'd try it on and take a picture of it... I was so excited that it was a size large and I was able to wear it with a heavy sweatshirt under - this is a HUGE accomplishment for me... This isn't the actual coat I ordered on Cyber Monday - but I am hoping the one I ordered looks this nice on me, or I will be very disappointed. ::yes::

29DD9D0C-E0CC-420A-BF62-AD9DF85AFAD7.jpg

And on the opposite spectrum... Yesterday was such a nice day out - December 1 in MN and I was able to wear capris! :eek: I don't think that has EVER happened before?

9312CB5A-7648-4282-A034-762C3B1C526F.jpg

On a side note - I weighed this last week... Probably not the best thing to do 4 days after Thanksgiving... I only lost .8 this month - ahh, but at least I didn't gain. ::yes::

And I finished my next bag set for our trip... Toy Story!!! I just love this theme and these fabrics - I used all of the same fabrics from my original TS set that I've been hoarding for myself - but I used royal blue instead of aqua. ::yes::

368D6BFE-E641-40A9-9041-ACC79FC188AB.jpg

2ADC5E70-AF63-4CEF-9312-5106CE76A2DC.jpg

OK - that's all, sorry that i have to run!!!! I hope you all have a nice weekend! I really need to get more park days posted! It's coming too quickly and i am running out of time. This coming week - it's my goal! ::yes::

Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

The jacket looks great on you.

I can't believe you are wearing capris now. Here it is winter, cold and snow so the only people that would wear capris now would be teenagers and they would freeze their feet off :rotfl:

The Toy Story bag looks great. I love the blue color and the application :lovestruc The ears looks great as well. You are so talented.

I got my new computer yesterday. When I unpacked it I realized that I needed a HDMI cable to get the monitor connected to the computer. I have a box with a lot of cables that I don't use at the moment, but that I think I maybe will need in the future. So I took a look in the box and found two different HDMI cables. I connected everything and the screen just said check signal. With my old computer I used VGA cable (I know really old fashion) with the same monitor I now wanted to connect with the HDMI cable. Today I went to the store and asked for advice. They thought it would be enough to buy a new HDMI cable. So I did that and crossed my fingers it would work and it did work :woohoo::woohoo:

I then found out that I had to buy a program to get my files copied from my old computer to my new one because my new computer is running Windows 10. I got my old computer up and running again, used over 3 hours to get my files copied to a external harddrive and when I tried to get all the files into my new computer the program wouldn't let me choose where to store the files. With the result that I can't get the files on my new computer. I will have to contact support for the program tomorrow or Monday to try and figure out why it's not working as it should. Crossing my fingers they can help me figure it out so I can get a hold of my files.

It will take a while to get used to Windows 10 when I'm used to Windows 7. Hopefully I will figure out how things work in Windows 10 after a while.

D-
The coat looks great! I hope it is the same one you receive. I love the Toy Story bag! The color combo is great. I hope you are having a great weekend visit with your brother. Good luck with all your planning and packing. Cheers!

The jacket looks great on you.

I can't believe you are wearing capris now. Here it is winter, cold and snow so the only people that would wear capris now would be teenagers and they would freeze their feet off :rotfl:

The Toy Story bag looks great. I love the blue color and the application The ears looks great as well. You are so talented.

I got my new computer yesterday. When I unpacked it I realized that I needed a HDMI cable to get the monitor connected to the computer. I have a box with a lot of cables that I don't use at the moment, but that I think I maybe will need in the future. So I took a look in the box and found two different HDMI cables. I connected everything and the screen just said check signal. With my old computer I used VGA cable (I know really old fashion) with the same monitor I now wanted to connect with the HDMI cable. Today I went to the store and asked for advice. They thought it would be enough to buy a new HDMI cable. So I did that and crossed my fingers it would work and it did work

I then found out that I had to buy a program to get my files copied from my old computer to my new one because my new computer is running Windows 10. I got my old computer up and running again, used over 3 hours to get my files copied to a external harddrive and when I tried to get all the files into my new computer the program wouldn't let me choose where to store the files. With the result that I can't get the files on my new computer. I will have to contact support for the program tomorrow or Monday to try and figure out why it's not working as it should. Crossing my fingers they can help me figure it out so I can get a hold of my files.

It will take a while to get used to Windows 10 when I'm used to Windows 7. Hopefully I will figure out how things work in Windows 10 after a while.

Thank you!

Yes - our weather has been unseasonably nice this last week and it looks like this coming week will be very nice too... No snow yet in our 10 day forecast. Winter is coming though - it always does. ::yes::

Thank you - I am so happy with how it turned out. :)

Glad you got your computer working with the cable, and glad you were able to get your old computer to boot up to get the information off of it that you need - hopefully you are able to get it all on to your new computer without an issue. Fingers crossed and pixie dust for that! :lovestruc

I know the feeling - Josh put Windows 10 on our computer a few months ago - it is a little strange getting used to it - but for the most part, it's pretty seamless. :)

I hope you have a nice remainder of your weekend Lillian. :)

D-
The coat looks great! I hope it is the same one you receive. I love the Toy Story bag! The color combo is great. I hope you are having a great weekend visit with your brother. Good luck with all your planning and packing. Cheers!

Thank you... I got the coats I ordered yesterday - so I'll post new pics below...

Thanks - I love the TS bag too! I am very excited about it!

Thanks - same to you!!! :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************************

There were only 2 replies yesterday - I figured I better hop on and stay caught up for once. :lmao:

I had a very nice day yesterday - a lot of driving - but these weekends are always that. ::yes::

I went to pick up my brother in the morning... We came home here and sat around for a few hours - had lunch and watched a couple of Christmas movies.

The mail came while we were here and they delivered a large Eddie Bauer box. :woohoo:

Now - I have a dillema... I really like BOTH coats - A LOT. ::yes:: Coat ramblings below...

AA8EE790-2420-47DF-8022-4B56990661DC.jpg

Both coats are the exact same coat - just different colors and different lengths. Both are down coats with 650 fill, and both are water resistant. I also want to add that both coats are a size large and I am wearing both a sweater and a quilted vest under the jacket - my typical winter wear - so the size is perfect for me. These coats also have excellent reviews online.

The white jacket is "jacket length" - so it's a bit shorter. I feel like this jacket is very versatile. I like the color, the fit is great, I feel like - for the good majority of winter - this will be a great basic jacket that will keep me warm on most days, except for maybe the coldest days. My old winter coat (the one that is now too big) was also white... I did have to wash it several times over the winter season, but it was easy to wash and dry, and the color never kept me from wearing it... The washing instructions for this coat are the same as my old one. ::yes::

The black jacket is "parka length" - so it's a bit longer. For me, this nearly touches my knees, as I am only 5'3"... I feel like this parka is a bit too long. It does come in "petite", but not in black, only in white. I like the black color too, I feel like this coat is very slimming on me - and I really LIKE that part a lot... other than being too long, the parka fits great, oh and it has a zipper from the bottom too (which is super important on longer parkas) - so I can sit comfortably. This jacket would keep me warm on some of our coldest days - which we do have a good amount of in January and February. A good heavy parka in MN is more of a necessity than a luxury purchase. I feel like this parka would stay cleaner - as in - get just as dirty as the white one, but would't show the dirt as much. :scratchin

I don't normally talk about how much I pay for something, but I did get a good deal on these coats - 50% off on Cyber Monday. So, total paid for BOTH coats was $250. Which isn't unreasonable for TWO heavy and lifetime warrantied coats.

This is what I think I should do...

I think I need to exchange the white jacket for black... Since this would likely be my "everyday coat" - I think it would just be easier if this one was black.

I think I will exchange the longer black parka for a petite in white... I think I would like this parka a lot more if it was a bit shorter on me... Though I do wish it was available in my size in black - white isn't terrible.

The original deal that Josh and I agreed on was that I would order both and return one... However - I am having a very hard time choosing - which is something I didn't expect at all. ::yes:: I do think he *might* be OK with me keeping both. I DID pay CASH for this purchase, and I did not charge it - I don't charge anything anymore! :woohoo: So, it's not as if we can't afford this purchase. ::yes::

As a side note... I did purchase a totally different down jacket earlier this fall from Eddie Bauer - I expected that jacket to be much warmer and heavier than it was (more like the above coats) - but it's already too cold out to wear it. So, I *could* return that coat and recoup some of that $$ to go towards this purchase... As I paid nearly as much for that one as I did for one of these. ::yes::

I know, I know... Who comes to a Disney PTR and wants to read about winter coats? But still, opinions... LOL

On with the rest of my day...

Allison and I made a birthday cake for my brother... He turns 40 this week!!! :eek: I can't even believe it. I have a few vague memories from when he was born - I was 2.5. One thing that sticks out most - and I have several pictures of this... He was "my baby" - I would get up early in the morning and crawl into his crib to hold him and sleep with him... Now, thinking of any child doing this would probably make most parents cringe... I think it sent my parents into near panic - I am sure - as my brother had to have several brain surgeries at birth to insert his shunt... So, not only was he a newborn, but he was incredibly fragile. As a child - I loved him more than any child could love a sibling - that I am sure of and have very distinct memories. Growing up - no one was more protective of him than I was.

DorineJonathan1977a.jpg

Once cake making was complete...

I went to pick up Dad...

Then we all went out for dinner at V's work... She made everyone a great pizza... and then she did an "experiment" on me - where she made me a "cheese crust pizza" - this was SUPER GOOD - Primal friendly - and totally kicked my pizza craving to the curb! :woohoo:

We had birthday cake for Jonathan, and I think he enjoyed it! :woohoo: The cake wasn't the prettiest - but the love was in it!

D16FB28F-B09A-4AB5-82F9-B7B1AD6634F7.jpg

I dropped Allison and Jonathan off at our house, then I took Dad home... When I came home - Allison and Jonathan were camped out in the living room watching Christmas movies. :lovestruc It was so cute!

01FC371C-AAA7-43CA-8F1E-4CF421484C77.jpg

Today... Allison, Jonathan and I are picking Dad up - we will go out for lunch... We'll bring Dad home and then take Jonathan back. Again a lot of driving, but it's OK - weather and roads are good. :)

I have an incredibly monstrous work week ahead of me... It is likely that I won't have time to have lunch with Dad much - which is OK - some of my work weeks are just like this, and both of us have to remember that I can't be there all of the time. :)

I do plan to take him Christmas shopping next week, which I am sure he is looking forward to. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful week - it's likely that I won't be here much either... but I will check in when I can. Sending pixie dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

I love your Toy Story ensemble. I think it is one of your best ones. :)

I have an Eddie Bauer parka like your black one, except in silver. It is nice and warm for such a lightweight coat. I have to walk from the train to my office in downtown Chicago, about a 13 minute walk, and I wear this coat when it gets below freezing. I also have a shorter coat (not Eddie Bauer) that is great for when I'm home for the weekends and driving to stores, spending very little time outside. It seems like I need a lot of different weights and lengths of coats for my commute to work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter