• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thank you. We are trying this and getting the run around. They are saying they have to charge us for adding the additional person. Did you just call reservations? They seem to have no clue what we are talking about.

If I can remember ,, I think it was ticket sales. When they called to finish the ticket sale I mentioned that we could not add person to reservation for mde account. She said they had to add the 3rd person to the room. Try to get a hold of them. They did not charge us for 3rd person. I don't think desk reservations know what that means but ticket sales do. In fact she was the one who told me this. Good luck.

If I can remember ,, I think it was ticket sales. When they called to finish the ticket sale I mentioned that we could not add person to reservation for mde account. She said they had to add the 3rd person to the room. Try to get a hold of them. They did not charge us for 3rd person. I don't think desk reservations know what that means but ticket sales do. In fact she was the one who told me this. Good luck.
This happened to me in March. I simply linked the MDE accounts for all parties involved and then was able to make FPs for everyone even though one person ( my brother) wasn’t showing in the room reservation. I would still call and see if they can fix it in the system but if they can’t st least try this as an alternative

Just back and some quick thoughts:
Evergreen's was nice and quite a surprise! It was good to see it so nicely refurbished from the last time we stood here.
Bistro to go at night has 12 wings for a dollar more than Evergreens, which has 10.
Coffee from the lobby area and the Express Cafe by the bus stop was great; the sandwiches at express were really good and reasonably priced.
No snack machines in the Palm wing (the only one there was down); plenty in Magnolia.
Laundry was decent, cards only. Buy soap from the exchange. Tide was $5.
Garden Gallery was really good; we ate there a few times and everyone enjoyed it.
Parking was $7 a day; you can't pull up to the lobby to unload your car unless you are using the bellhop service. Garage spots were very tight.
Do not plan on taking the first bus and making the MK opening show at 0755. I would suggest walking to the Poly (literally a five minute walk) and taking the monorail.
Overall, very, very impressed. We had a great time and I am glad we stayed there.

Thanks for the review, we are heading to SOG in August. You mentioned the laundry room is 'cards only'. I recall using tokens for the machines when we were there last summer. It was so frustrating; the token machine rejected every bill I inserted. How is the Magnolia Wing rehab coming along?

When are the renovations suppose to be finished? and WOW you can link your reservations now from SOG to MDE Thats great and also get Fastpasses… Awesome

Are you able now to get Fastpasses at 60 days ?
Yes! Read up a few posts though some of us are having problems with our reservations staying linked/showing up on MDE, simple to relink but nerve-wracking to get close to FP+ day andnoya knowing if everything will still be there.

Yes! Read up a few posts though some of us are having problems with our reservations staying linked/showing up on MDE, simple to relink but nerve-wracking to get close to FP+ day andnoya knowing if everything will still be there.

Today my two SOG room reservations disappeared from my MDE account for the 4th time in 2 weeks. It happened a few days ago and I emailed Disney, got a reply to call their "Internet Help Desk at 407-939-7765, and select option 4. Cast Members are available from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM, Eastern Time, seven days a week."

I called when I got the email but wait time was expected to be over 15 minutes so I hung up. Today when the reservations disappeared again I decided to call again and wait time was only about 3 minutes.

I told them about the issue and the 4 dates in the past 2 weeks that it's happened, and he looked at my account details and didn't see an obvious reason why it would happen, so he escalated the issue (their term) and opened a ticket with their IT team, so I was then on hold for about 5 minutes while he did that.

He came back and said YES it was a known issue and the bug was identified last week, and that if I found my FPs had disappeared they could do research to see what they were and restore them. I told him that I have screenshots of my current FPs and he said that's good as it makes restoration quicker if it comes to that. He also added a note onto my account about this issue so if things get dropped there would not be any questions about getting them restored.

So until the bug gets fixed and rolled into an upcoming release (date TBD, I doubt they release those details), anyone who has reservations should contact the help desk at the above number if you see it disappear so they can add a note to your account. ALSO, be sure to make a screenshot of your FP reservations if you have made them already.

Until I get within the 30 day window for all FPs, I will keep checking for the SOG reservations each day.

Thanks for the review, we are heading to SOG in August. You mentioned the laundry room is 'cards only'. I recall using tokens for the machines when we were there last summer. It was so frustrating; the token machine rejected every bill I inserted. How is the Magnolia Wing rehab coming along?
Yes, credit/ debit cards. They worked okay, but I had to swipe a few twice. Rehab looked okay, we didn't spend a lot of time walking through, mainly looking for vending machines late night.

Has anyone stayed at SoG and done much running? My husband and I are in training for the Chicago marathon in October and have several training runs we need to accomplish while there. I don't mind getting up super early to run to still make our park schedules, but unsure where best to run there. If it's allowed, looks like the easiest solution would just be to run the golf cart paths throughout the golf course. Any reason that wouldn't be allowed you think?

If we can't do that, we could run across to the Poly and then to TTC and back I guess however many times we would need to to hit our mileage. Any experience or advice on this is welcomed. Thanks.

I've gone running while staying at SOG the last two years. I have predominantly run on the golf cart paths with no problems...and they go pretty far back!! I've also gone over to the Poly and done the TTC/Poly/GF stretch, but it isn't terribly long (I was trying to finish my run with a Dole Whip...and failed, as the Pineapple Lanai wasn't open yet when I finished!). I've also taken an Uber over to Wilderness Lodge and ran the path down to Fort Wilderness and a bit of the loops, but I barely scratched the surface. If you have more time for a run, I'd recommend WL/FW. If you're wanting to do early mornings pre-park though, definitely do the SOG golf courses. I was in late Nov/early December and it was so peaceful and beautiful out there. There's also a gym, which seemed to have some nice machines from my quick peek in.

I've gone running while staying at SOG the last two years. I have predominantly run on the golf cart paths with no problems...and they go pretty far back!! I've also gone over to the Poly and done the TTC/Poly/GF stretch, but it isn't terribly long (I was trying to finish my run with a Dole Whip...and failed, as the Pineapple Lanai wasn't open yet when I finished!). I've also taken an Uber over to Wilderness Lodge and ran the path down to Fort Wilderness and a bit of the loops, but I barely scratched the surface. If you have more time for a run, I'd recommend WL/FW. If you're wanting to do early mornings pre-park though, definitely do the SOG golf courses. I was in late Nov/early December and it was so peaceful and beautiful out there. There's also a gym, which seemed to have some nice machines from my quick peek in.

Thank you!

Sorry but I first read 'trying to finish my run with a Dole Whip...' and all I'm thinking is running while trying to eat it:rotfl2:
Then I thought, dang that sounds tough but I like your style!

I'll have to run the golf course next time. never even thought of that. The TTC to GF is to short

Does anyone know if you can purchase the military memory maker from Guest Relations at Disney Springs? Will be heading there my first night before going to the parks and would love to go ahead and purchase it while I'm there.
Yes, you can! We purchased ours at the Welcome Center near D-luxe Burger.

Today my two SOG room reservations disappeared from my MDE account for the 4th time in 2 weeks. It happened a few days ago and I emailed Disney, got a reply to call their "Internet Help Desk at 407-939-7765, and select option 4. Cast Members are available from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM, Eastern Time, seven days a week."

I called when I got the email but wait time was expected to be over 15 minutes so I hung up. Today when the reservations disappeared again I decided to call again and wait time was only about 3 minutes.

I told them about the issue and the 4 dates in the past 2 weeks that it's happened, and he looked at my account details and didn't see an obvious reason why it would happen, so he escalated the issue (their term) and opened a ticket with their IT team, so I was then on hold for about 5 minutes while he did that.

He came back and said YES it was a known issue and the bug was identified last week, and that if I found my FPs had disappeared they could do research to see what they were and restore them. I told him that I have screenshots of my current FPs and he said that's good as it makes restoration quicker if it comes to that. He also added a note onto my account about this issue so if things get dropped there would not be any questions about getting them restored.

So until the bug gets fixed and rolled into an upcoming release (date TBD, I doubt they release those details), anyone who has reservations should contact the help desk at the above number if you see it disappear so they can add a note to your account. ALSO, be sure to make a screenshot of your FP reservations if you have made them already.

Until I get within the 30 day window for all FPs, I will keep checking for the SOG reservations each day.

Read my post #3482 to see what happened last week. The IT guy that helped me was the one who figured out the problem and changed my FPs. I am very happy to no longer stress about losing my FPs and would recommend making them “permanant” to anyone that doesn’t plan to make any changes to their plans.

I think so, but we definitely took one from Magic Kingdom to Shades.

The one at the poly wouldn't take us since Shades isn't on grounds. it was raining hard so i asked about to the corner where the shady shuttle comes to, i can't drop off in the streets. they called a cab for us but it was silly.

The one at the poly wouldn't take us since Shades isn't on grounds. it was raining hard so i asked about to the corner where the shady shuttle comes to, i can't drop off in the streets. they called a cab for us but it was silly.
That is crazy. We talked to our driver and he said they were still trying to work it out with SoG, but he dropped us off on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter