• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

FYI Bell service has the shady shuttle and will drop off and pick up and the corner to the poly, just TIP them!!! save those legs also a cab from poly to shades is 5 bucks, i give 7 lol well worth it

How bad is the traffic crossing the street from SOG to the Poly or Grand Floridian?

How bad is the traffic crossing the street from SOG to the Poly or Grand Floridian?

We've never found it overly busy (there's never been a seemingly endless stream of traffic that you're waiting to go past). The entry to SOG is past the main property entrance to the Polynesian, so you're not dealing with that traffic.

FYI Bell service has the shady shuttle and will drop off and pick up and the corner to the poly, just TIP them!!! save those legs also a cab from poly to shades is 5 bucks, i give 7 lol well worth it

I'd warn though that Shady availability is going to depend on how busy the staff are. I witnessed a lady throw an absolute tantrum once because they weren't available to drive her around from the front entry to the spa right that minute (it was also prime check in time).

One time though they gave my dad and I a ride in a minivan instead of the usual shuttle :)

Just to share an experience with others who might be going soon and planning to use Genie+.

Was at SOG last week, and one of the days in the middle of the week we were there, our SOG reservation had been unlinked from my MDE account and I wasn't able to begin making reservations right at 7am. By the time I realized what the issue was, and got my reservation relinked (about 20 minutes) all of the ROTR rides were gone for the day. On the bus to the park that morning, met a few others who said they had not been able to make any Genie+ reservations that morning and were chatting with Disney through the chat feature trying to figure out why. Shared my experience, and they looked and had the same issue, their SOG reservation had been unlinked as well.

Which car service do you use? My husband and I are flying into MCO on a Sunday in December, and our daughter is flying in on Monday. I need to make 2 separate reservations for pick up and drop off. We usually use Mercado, but they haven't answered their phone or replied to my rate request. I want to be able to stop at Publix on the way to Shades of Green so Mears is not an option.

Just to share an experience with others who might be going soon and planning to use Genie+.

Was at SOG last week, and one of the days in the middle of the week we were there, our SOG reservation had been unlinked from my MDE account and I wasn't able to begin making reservations right at 7am. By the time I realized what the issue was, and got my reservation relinked (about 20 minutes) all of the ROTR rides were gone for the day. On the bus to the park that morning, met a few others who said they had not been able to make any Genie+ reservations that morning and were chatting with Disney through the chat feature trying to figure out why. Shared my experience, and they looked and had the same issue, their SOG reservation had been unlinked as well.

That seems to be a problem that's been around since MDE came about. I've had it happen on a few occasions where the reservation will be there for weeks/months and then suddenly disappear. Had it happen on my FP+ day one time. I just make sure to check it periodically leading up to a trip and then more frequently when I'm there. It's very frustrating.

That seems to be a problem that's been around since MDE came about. I've had it happen on a few occasions where the reservation will be there for weeks/months and then suddenly disappear. Had it happen on my FP+ day one time. I just make sure to check it periodically leading up to a trip and then more frequently when I'm there. It's very frustrating.

Good to know! I will be back in January and plan to check it each morning just before the 7am window opens, giving myself enough time to get it relinked if it has been dropped. Maybe we will be able to get on ROTR on that trip. :)

Never found it that busy. We have never waited more than a minute maybe and a lot of times someone will stop for you to cross. That's happened for us a lot. We've done the walk to the Poly and the TTC a lot of times and to GF three or four times.

I called today to request my MIL's two reservations be in the same general area (The website wouldn't let us book them both on one transaction, so we wanted to ensure they were joined together). She had given me the correct rank for my FIL, but not the correct title. The room was correctly booked as a Category 3. But the person I spoke with changed it to a Category 2, based on the information MIL had given me. Should I call back to have them change it back or just wait until check-in?

My FIL is retired AF. And I was trying to help out my MIL by calling because she is sick.

I called today to request my MIL's two reservations be in the same general area (The website wouldn't let us book them both on one transaction, so we wanted to ensure they were joined together). She had given me the correct rank for my FIL, but not the correct title. The room was correctly booked as a Category 3. But the person I spoke with changed it to a Category 2, based on the information MIL had given me. Should I call back to have them change it back or just wait until check-in?

My FIL is retired AF. And I was trying to help out my MIL by calling because she is sick.
I'd probably wait until check-in. It doesn't affect anything but the rate and they'll charge the bulk of that when you arrive anyway. I just have generally had terrible luck with them when I try to get things resolved over the phone. The last time I called, the person I spoke with just flat-out gave me incorrect information and even though I was looking at the website while I spoke with her, gave her our reservation numbers, and explained what I was seeing and what I had booked, she still said she couldn't help me and that I would just need to do it myself on the website. When I told her that made no sense to me THEN she tried to fix things for me but still messed it up. I finally just gave up and went online and canceled my existing reservation and made a new one. YMMV, but I would just wait until I get there to try and fix it.

ETA: Did you also try pulling up the reservation on the website to see if it's something you can change yourself? There are some limited changes you can make yourself online, although your issue may not be one of them.

Thanks! I get almost all the way through it (updating the category) and it tells me there is an error. Oh well. I tried.

JenLT , if you have a magicband and your reservation is linked on your mde they just scan your band. If not you can go to front desk at Shades and ask for an extended hours card , they make one out for every person in room and you will show that with your bus pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter