SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

1. Garden Gallery: I am not really a fan of the current Garden Gallery set up. The fried rice is good, and so is the pasta, but they are pricey. Be aware they both close at 2230; you can get pizza until 2300. Also, they bake, not fry, the wings there. I've always thought Bistro to go had better wings than Evergreen's, but I am not a fan of baked wings, so I got my wings from Evergreen's. I wish they'd bring bistro to go back. Seeing room service offered was pretty cool.
I have to ask, how large were the portions for the pasta/rice? When we were there Sept last year I ordered the pasta deal (same price as currently but ordered and picked up from the Express Cafe) and I was shocked at how much food I got. I could have easily shared it. Does this seem to be the case still? I will have my kids with me and it would be a great cost savings to split the meal!

How far out can you book? I kept trying for next year September with no luck but now I’m thinking maybe only can book a year out? We can’t really afford to stay on Disney property anymore with five people(2adults3 kids) and I had totally forgot about shades of green my husband is a veteran so I’m thinking we’re able to book there in September? We were thinking of trying to do a 10 day trip so I would need like a Friday to the following Sunday is that even possible and if it’s a year out would I be able to book when the Friday was bookable or would I have to wait 10 days later to be able to book the whole 10 days
was that clear as mud ;)

How far out can you book? I kept trying for next year September with no luck but now I’m thinking maybe only can book a year out? We can’t really afford to stay on Disney property anymore with five people(2adults3 kids) and I had totally forgot about shades of green my husband is a veteran so I’m thinking we’re able to book there in September? We were thinking of trying to do a 10 day trip so I would need like a Friday to the following Sunday is that even possible and if it’s a year out would I be able to book when the Friday was bookable or would I have to wait 10 days later to be able to book the whole 10 days
was that clear as mud ;)
I think it's a yr in advance. so you're justba bit too early.

was that clear as mud ;)
It's a year out and on your check in day you will be able to book the whole trip.
Supposedly you can book via phone a little earlier than a year out but I have never done this so I can't confirm.

I have to ask, how large were the portions for the pasta/rice? When we were there Sept last year I ordered the pasta deal (same price as currently but ordered and picked up from the Express Cafe) and I was shocked at how much food I got. I could have easily shared it. Does this seem to be the case still? I will have my kids with me and it would be a great cost savings to split the meal!
The rice and pasta portions were HUGE! We definitely shared a few times.

Has anyone heard anything about the Garden Gallery buffet coming back for dinner? I noticed the other day that the website says,"**We will be closed from August 16th - 28th to make some changes to serve you better!" on the Garden Gallery Marketplace takeout info.
I am REALLY hoping they are opening the buffet again for dinner but want them to keep the take out menu too!

Random question time:
I wanted to change my res from Coronado to SoG for Halloween (multiple reasons). I called and they told me to start reserving any days that came up so I could try to piece the reservation together.
Well, I made three reservations and a few days later, called and my entire trip date opened up. I asked them to combine the trip into my first reservation and cancel the other two.
They did, and said the cancellations would be refunded. The email for the actual reservation doesn’t show a deposit, so I am actually waiting on 3 refunds.
My question is, how long does it usually take to get a refund? It’s been well over the 10 day waiting period.

Does SoG allow you to have groceries dropped off before you check in? I can put in an order for a time I think we’ll be there but with all the crazy flight delays etc… just wondering if they allow lobby drop off or if I should plan early morning the following day to be safe.

They do, however when we stayed in Feb.; they did NOT refrigerate our cold items and we had to toss them. The guy from bell services was nice about it and apologized, but still...I'd be concerned trying it again at Shafes.
Does SoG allow you to have groceries dropped off before you check in? I can put in an order for a time I think we’ll be there but with all the crazy flight delays etc… just wondering if they allow lobby drop off or if I should plan early morning the following day to be safe.

They do, however when we stayed in Feb.; they did NOT refrigerate our cold items and we had to toss them. The guy from bell services was nice about it and apologized, but still...I'd be concerned trying it again at Shafes.
That’s good to know, that’s the kind of thing I’d be worried about if our travel plans changed day of.

Thank you!

thinking about renting a car for our trip. what is cost to park at SOG? Do you have to pay to park at parks? if we don't rent a car, can Uber pick up at SOG?

thinking about renting a car for our trip. what is cost to park at SOG? Do you have to pay to park at parks? if we don't rent a car, can Uber pick up at SOG?
I can't remember the exact parking fee, but it was less than Disney resorts, however you woukd still have to pay for parking at the parks.

Yes, uber can pick up at Shades.

Thank you so much! We did have a great trip! How was your trip?
Im sorry @BigBlueWho , i just saw this post. For some reason I missed it (along with a few other posts after it) and it just popped up for me after I just replied in this thread.

It was great, thank you so much! :). DD and I go back in a few weeks for MNSSHP, can't wait. Hoping to see harmonius this time. Our Guardians VQ ended up being at the same time in June.

Random question time:
I wanted to change my res from Coronado to SoG for Halloween (multiple reasons). I called and they told me to start reserving any days that came up so I could try to piece the reservation together.
Well, I made three reservations and a few days later, called and my entire trip date opened up. I asked them to combine the trip into my first reservation and cancel the other two.
They did, and said the cancellations would be refunded. The email for the actual reservation doesn’t show a deposit, so I am actually waiting on 3 refunds.
My question is, how long does it usually take to get a refund? It’s been well over the 10 day waiting period.
Did you get the refunds without issue? I hope all was smooth. It takes a few days but I don't recall it being more than 10 days. Unless they're currently short staffed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter