• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thank you! I would be nice! How was your trip? Hopefully you avoided rain at your MNSSHP!
It was great! Thank you. We were there on one of the few nights it didn't rain. Maybe 20 minutes, so not too bad at all. Watched both parades and the midnight stage show this time (the one other time we did MNSSHP we were too tired to watch the show).

It was great! Thank you. We were there on one of the few nights it didn't rain. Maybe 20 minutes, so not too bad at all. Watched both parades and the midnight stage show this time (the one other time we did MNSSHP we were too tired to watch the show).
Yay! That's awesome!!!

Hello all.. we are working on a summer 2023 trip and I'm looking at our options. We are eliigble for shades. But I've stayed away for a few reasons and maybe you can help me if they are true things to worry about:

1. Glitchy reservation in the Disney app. I've read stories of folks whose shades reservation would drop and then they weren't able to book ILL at 7am.

2. Busses. We love early entry.. are the shades busses reliable for EE? Especially at HS and Epcot?

This trip is budget. Shades is $100 more than cheapest value. We don't spend a lot of time in the room. Like.. non at all.
If it were us, we'd stay at a Disney value over Shades. Shades was fine abd a great value for the size and being on property but we really missed "real" Disney resort.

No, you will not want or be able to use Shades transportation for early entry if. you're wanting to be in the first rush of ppl. into the park for the day. You definitely can walk to Poly though, but I'll be honest that walk got old fast.

Nothing is wrong with Shades, but for us we'd rather just stay at a Disney value. The coolest part of Shades was getting to see the alligators.

Last edited:

We really enjoyed our Shades stay. Our reservation never dropped from MDE. For us the price was the same as Pop Century. We actually enjoyed the walk to the Poly. It felt like we were on the monorail system. Even walked to MK one morning. I did not enjoy that as much because we were hurrying for EE. Next time we will need to leave Shades sooner so we can stroll over.

We really enjoyed our Shades stay. Our reservation never dropped from MDE. For us the price was the same as Pop Century. We actually enjoyed the walk to the Poly. It felt like we were on the monorail system. Even walked to MK one morning. I did not enjoy that as much because we were hurrying for EE. Next time we will need to leave Shades sooner so we can stroll over.
I love that morning walk. Have only done it a couple of times, but I agree, need to leave a little earlier to get EE.

To avoid the walk back you call bell service and i just tip the shady shuttle. sometimes we use otw out

Hi,
Not the military member.
I'm the mother out law (lol) and DH and I are taking DGDs (they are the dependents) to WDW in April. We already have reservations. Will buy our tickets and connect very soon.
My question is, are we allowed to book tours and special events at 60 + 10, or just at 60?
We do know we are allowed to book dining at 60 + 10.
TIA

Hi,
Not the military member.
I'm the mother out law (lol) and DH and I are taking DGDs (they are the dependents) to WDW in April. We already have reservations. Will buy our tickets and connect very soon.
My question is, are we allowed to book tours and special events at 60 + 10, or just at 60?
We do know we are allowed to book dining at 60 + 10.
TIA
Did you ever get this worked out?

With a Shades reservation, we have been able to do just about everything except pre-order Magic Bands

Hello all.. we are working on a summer 2023 trip and I'm looking at our options. We are eliigble for shades. But I've stayed away for a few reasons and maybe you can help me if they are true things to worry about:

1. Glitchy reservation in the Disney app. I've read stories of folks whose shades reservation would drop and then they weren't able to book ILL at 7am.

2. Busses. We love early entry.. are the shades busses reliable for EE? Especially at HS and Epcot?

This trip is budget. Shades is $100 more than cheapest value. We don't spend a lot of time in the room. Like.. non at all.
I know this reply is really late but wanted to take a shot at it anyway.

1. Never had any problem with that. Ours never dropped off and I made G+ and ILL with no issues. The only issue I had with my reservation was that when I linked it to MDE it came over as one person. I had a 20 minute call to get it changed to 2.

2. We were prepared to not use Shades buses at all because of the feedback we had read here over the years but we were pleasantly surprised at how great the Shades busses worked out. We found the Epcot/MK bus to be very convenient. It drops you off at the TTC very close to the monorail entrance. You go through security right there and then the monorail drops you off at MK and Epcot very clsoe to the turnsyle and you have already gone through security so you are ahead of the crowds at that point. For EE, just like any Disney value resort, make sure you are down at the bus top at least 90 minutes prior to EE time to ensure you get on the first bus and you will have no issues.

Very late reply!
Thank you all for answering!
We found out a couple of things...
1. We are not allowed to buy or use military tickets. Both our granddaughters can because they have military dependent IDs. Since we have neither dependent or military IDs, we would be turned away at the gate. So, we are getting the girls their tickets from MMR and ours via Undercover tourist.
2. The only negative is that we cannot make 60 days plus ten, only 60 days, limiting our choices a bit for tours etc.
There's not a lot of other information I could find. We plan to pretty much walk to Poly from SOG and tgen use WDW transportation to get around. Possibly some Ubers here and there.

Very late reply!
Thank you all for answering!
We found out a couple of things...
1. We are not allowed to buy or use military tickets. Both our granddaughters can because they have military dependent IDs. Since we have neither dependent or military IDs, we would be turned away at the gate. So, we are getting the girls their tickets from MMR and ours via Undercover tourist.
2. The only negative is that we cannot make 60 days plus ten, only 60 days, limiting our choices a bit for tours etc.
There's not a lot of other information I could find. We plan to pretty much walk to Poly from SOG and tgen use WDW transportation to get around. Possibly some Ubers here and there.
Just commenting to say the info.about you not being allowed to use military tickets is not accurate...unless the eligible military member has already used their 6 tix for the yr. or are unwilling to let you use it.

Totally fine if you prefer to go the other route, but I know how much misinformation is out there (unfortunately very often with CMs) and I just want to make sure you know. We have used military tix for years and unless they've used their 6 or are unwilling to use the tix. on you; you 100% would be able to use the salute tix with your granddaughters.

First, if the military member orders them from SoG (very easy and would be my first choice) then the tix. are already activated. You would not need to show any kind of military id (other than to checkin to Shades) on the entire trip.

If you didn't order through Shades, then yes you would need a (as in 1) military id to activate the tix at guest services before you enter the parks for the first time, but 1 granddaughters id would be all you would need to do that. We've done this numerous times. - Doesn't matter whose military id it is (we've actually used my sons id on 2 different occasions because I forgot mine in the room and he had his on him...never an issue and logically shouldn't be.

Like I said, totally get it if you just think it's easier to do it the other way, but wanted you to know.

I'm also a little confused as to why you can't make 60+10 day reservations...I thought for sure we did last Feb. when we stayed at Shades.

Can anyone that has stayed recently comment on whether there are bathtubs? I’d like to bring Epson salt for weary feet at the end of the night, but I don’t want to call and wait on hold forever to find out if Reno rooms have tubs. Thanks!

Can anyone that has stayed recently comment on whether there are bathtubs? I’d like to bring Epson salt for weary feet at the end of the night, but I don’t want to call and wait on hold forever to find out if Reno rooms have tubs. Thanks!
We had a bathtub on the palm side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter