SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom: can we watch them from somewhere at our resort? I see posts where people say they watch them from the Polynesian beach and from the contemporary balconies and from Ohana. What about from our golf course or pool area? Not sure if we are faced the right direction

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom: can we watch them from somewhere at our resort? I see posts where people say they watch them from the Polynesian beach and from the contemporary balconies and from Ohana. What about from our golf course or pool area? Not sure if we are faced the right direction
No there is no line of sight, you'll hear them and see a few higher ones from the magnolia pool but even on the golf course near the Poly to much in the way. the bench on the dock at the poly is money.

We watched them NYE in 2018-19 from the top of the parking garage at SOG. There was some obstruction but still nice and super convenient.

Your best views will def be at one of the other resorts. I have heard that Disney resorts sometimes restrict to guests only on popular nights (NYE, july 4th, etc) but I cannot confirm. We did watch them from Poly in 2017 and from Contemporary many years ago with no issue.

We stayed with a DD-214 last September. We were able to shop and dine. We already had tickets but I think we could have bought them there. We will be back September 2nd. When is your trip?

We watched them NYE in 2018-19 from the top of the parking garage at SOG. There was some obstruction but still nice and super convenient.

Your best views will def be at one of the other resorts. I have heard that Disney resorts sometimes restrict to guests only on popular nights (NYE, july 4th, etc) but I cannot confirm. We did watch them from Poly in 2017 and from Contemporary many years ago with no issue.
My DD watched them from the parking garage roof one night. I don’t think the view was perfect but she still enjoyed it.

I've watched some fireworks from the top of the parking garage last year (2021), but this year my brother and I stumbled across a really nice view just whilst walking away from the resort one evening! We joked about going back here another night to purposefully watch the fireworks, but never made it.

Attachments

• A7338085-FE54-4CF7-A0E1-5A5098ACC0CC.jpeg
    A7338085-FE54-4CF7-A0E1-5A5098ACC0CC.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 11
I've watched some fireworks from the top of the parking garage last year (2021), but this year my brother and I stumbled across a really nice view just whilst walking away from the resort one evening! We joked about going back here another night to purposefully watch the fireworks, but never made it.
Was that along the walkway towards the Polynesian?

Anybody tried booking Shades online recently? I have checked a few times over the last week and it seems that EVERY SINGLE DAY between and and through May or June (and beyond probably...I didn't keep checking) is coming us as Restricted and I can't see if any dates are available.

Anybody tried booking Shades online recently? I have checked a few times over the last week and it seems that EVERY SINGLE DAY between and and through May or June (and beyond probably...I didn't keep checking) is coming us as Restricted and I can't see if any dates are available.
From my Facebook group for shades they are saying yeah it’s been off and on for a while definitely call in book

I saw that WDW is returning to free parking at the resorts including free parking at the parks. Has SOG ever offered free parking? We have only stayed once last fall. Parking was $45 per day for SOG plus the theme parks.

I saw that WDW is returning to free parking at the resorts including free parking at the parks. Has SOG ever offered free parking? We have only stayed once last fall. Parking was $45 per day for SOG plus the theme parks.
shades has been charging since their parking garage opened in 2004. It started at $5

I just watched a video about SOG that recommended getting a Military Star card to pay off the balance on your resort stay and save 10%. Has anyone tried that? Do you put the card on file when you arrive?

I just watched a video about SOG that recommended getting a Military Star card to pay off the balance on your resort stay and save 10%. Has anyone tried that? Do you put the card on file when you arrive?
I opened a Military Star card when we stayed at the Hale Koa so we could get the 10% off. I used it again when we stayed at Shades of Green. And yes, you just give the card when you check in like you would with any other credit card. Not sure if they still do this, but you used to get a $20 gift card when you charged $1000. I would use the gift card to buy somehting online on MyExchange.

I want to mention that I have watched a couple you-tube videos about SOG by Battleground Biscuits. I learned a few helpful tips.

I am a member of a Facebook shades of Green fan page and that’s where I learned about it except I learned that every so often they have a promotion where you get 15% off instead of the 10% off. And actually they’re running that current promotion I think only until the 26th. If I remember my research correctly, I feel like the promotion usually comes back around the June timeframe.
It’s actually 10 or 15% off your first day of purchases, I’m doing the 15% off and I know to do that you I had to make the purchase before the promotion ends on the 26. I just yesterday paid for my tickets and my room and parking upfront before my trip so I saved 15% of my room/parking and my tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter