Shades of Green Marathon Weekend

Shannleabo

Earning My Ears
I feel like I made a huge mistake for our first trip to Disney World and booked Shades of Green on a Disney Marathon weekend. The road in front of Shades is impacted by the marathon and we are supposed to go to Hollywood Studios on Saturday. Please tell me about transportation on that day to Hollywood Studios (when to leave, how long we should expect travel time to be, etc.). We are not running or spectators.
For those who don't know, Shades of Green is across the way from The Polynesian and we can use Disney Transportation.

I feel like I made a huge mistake for our first trip to Disney World and booked Shades of Green on a Disney Marathon weekend. The road in front of Shades is impacted by the marathon and we are supposed to go to Hollywood Studios on Saturday. Please tell me about transportation on that day to Hollywood Studios (when to leave, how long we should expect travel time to be, etc.). We are not running or spectators.
For those who don't know, Shades of Green is across the way from The Polynesian and we can use Disney Transportation.
If you don’t get answers here, you can ask on the runDisney board: https://www.disboards.com/forums/rundisney.201/. Lots of experience there!

When I have run in the half marathons in the past, one side of the road was for runners, and one was for road traffic, traffic was made one way on that side of the road. I would think planning some extra time would be smart as the busses wouldn't be running their normal route. Keep in mind the runners will be running through the park while open to normal tourists so that will also effect your HS day.

Saturday is the day of the half marathon. The race starts at 5 a.m. and will pass by SOG between miles 7 and 8. So if the last runner starts by 6 a.m., they should be gone from that area by around 8 a.m. Yes, there will still probably be road closures to deal with as they pick up "cone alley," but the impact should lessen quickly as the morning goes on.

Keep in mind the runners will be running through the park while open to normal tourists so that will also effect your HS day.

The half marathon on Saturday does not go through Hollywood Studios. The marathon goes through Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot during open park hours on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter