• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shades of Green---Tickets expire???

mjarm

Earning My Ears
So I am a veteran and am able to take advantage of discounted tickets through Shades of Green. I am not staying there but can still purchase discounted tickets. I was going to send in the form and have them mail them to me (which I know takes time). My trip is planned for the end of July so I have time to get them and make park reservations. When reading further it looks like they have to be used by Dec 31, 2022. I thought Disney tickets did not expire?!? I'm a little hesitant now in case we needed to cancel our trip for whatever reason that I wouldn't be able to use them and any savings gained from not purchasing from Disney itself would be negated by losing out on 5 sets of 6 day tickets.
Any insight would be appreciated

Thanks

Yes, each year's military salute tickets (or maybe now known by another name) normally expire at the end of that year. We've purchased them 5 or 6 different years and that's always been the policy.

Yes, each year's military salute tickets (or maybe now known by another name) normally expire at the end of that year. We've purchased them 5 or 6 different years and that's always been the policy.
Thanks Jeff. Appreciate it. I guess because they are discounted Disney wont let them have an infinite use period. Shame that they do that but at least I have an answer now. thanks again

Thanks Jeff. Appreciate it. I guess because they are discounted Disney wont let them have an infinite use period. Shame that they do that but at least I have an answer now. thanks again
I'm pretty sure all Disney tickets "expire" now. If they aren't used by their expiration date, they can still be exchanged towards new tickets, but you have to pay the price difference.

I do think, though, that if you weren’t able to use them this year and they expired, you could put their value toward future Disney tickets if you called. However, you would be responsible for the price difference. https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...itary-park-hopper-tickets-expire-sept-446806/
I wonder if it is always the policy that you can put them toward other tickets. We are going in December 2022 and the tickets expire about a week later so I’ve been nervous about buying them.

Actually, the myw sold by the ITR office on my base don't ever expire. I discovered it after we had to cancel the trip we had originally planned for October of 2020 and called at the time to check how long I had to use them, and was told they would never expire. However we are just now planning to take at the end of January. When I spoke to the woman at ITR she told me I would have to call and explain the situation and pay the difference between the cost when we purchased and the cost now, but when I called today and spoke to Disney I realised that it was only for the military salute tickets. I think it must be because the military salute tickets are significantly cheaper than the ones that are offered to other government personnel (like DOD, which is what my wife is) through the ITR office at the base. Those are so much cheaper than what you pay even on discounted sites but they certainly don't get as cheap as the salute tickets.

All that being said, I know for 100% fact that if you were to cancel for any reason, you would only pay the difference between the cost of the ticket you purchased now and whatever the cost of the ticket is when you end up going with the military salute tickets. And you can either do that over the phone prior to your trip, or at the gate. Honestly the difference on the military salute tickets don't change too dramatically year to year. (For example, if we'd had to pay the difference on our tickets, it was something like $15.) So at the most, if you had to wait a couple of years I can't see you having to pay more than $15 to $30 per ticket at the gate.

But if you're worried about it, I'd see what the turn around time on securing tickets is, and just wait a little longer to book. Park prices for military salute won't change between now and July.

Actually, the myw sold by the ITR office on my base don't ever expire. I discovered it after we had to cancel the trip we had originally planned for October of 2020 and called at the time to check how long I had to use them, and was told they would never expire. However we are just now planning to take at the end of January. When I spoke to the woman at ITR she told me I would have to call and explain the situation and pay the difference between the cost when we purchased and the cost now, but when I called today and spoke to Disney I realised that it was only for the military salute tickets. I think it must be because the military salute tickets are significantly cheaper than the ones that are offered to other government personnel (like DOD, which is what my wife is) through the ITR office at the base. Those are so much cheaper than what you pay even on discounted sites but they certainly don't get as cheap as the salute tickets.

All that being said, I know for 100% fact that if you were to cancel for any reason, you would only pay the difference between the cost of the ticket you purchased now and whatever the cost of the ticket is when you end up going with the military salute tickets. And you can either do that over the phone prior to your trip, or at the gate. Honestly the difference on the military salute tickets don't change too dramatically year to year. (For example, if we'd had to pay the difference on our tickets, it was something like $15.) So at the most, if you had to wait a couple of years I can't see you having to pay more than $15 to $30 per ticket at the gate.

But if you're worried about it, I'd see what the turn around time on securing tickets is, and just wait a little longer to book. Park prices for military salute won't change between now and July.
That’s really good to know. I don’t mind paying the difference but I sure wouldn’t want to be out the cost of 6 sets of tickets! I want to get the tickets early enough to make park reservations but I’m really hoping the Covid situation will be much better by December.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter