Shades of Green

wbk

Mouseketeer
How does one get to Shades of Green for dinner from the Magic Kingdom?

I would take the monorail from the MK to the Poly and then walk from there.

There's a walkway from the Polynesian to SOG; it's about 1/2 mile.

There's also a shuttle from TTC, but I don't know whether they require passengers to be SOG guests. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes while the MK is open.

There is a bus at TTC that runs every 20 minutes to SOG
I checked, and it is every 20, not every 30 as I had posted. They run on schedule, at the 20 minute mark.

The schedule does say "valid room key required", but, again, I don't know whether that is enforced, or whether they make exceptions for dining reservations.

If you get there and they won't let you on, you can:

1. Walk a mile from TTC to SOG;
  2. Hop the resort monorail to Poly, and walk just half a mile; or
  3. Grab a cab at TTC; the 1 mile trip should be only about $5.

You shouldn't have any problems getting on the property - just tell them you have a dining reservation.

That said, none of the dining options at SOG are very good; at least not the last time I was there.

We were just there in August for a conference. The bus runs very consistantly but we often preferred to take the monorail to the poly and then walk over (its about 10 minute walk or so) instead of the monorail to the bus....but if walking is an issue for your group, the bus option is fine.

We were never asked to show room keys to go on the bus...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter