Shades of Green

Magicmousefan

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone,

So I know Shades of Green technically isn't a Disney resort but I hope y'all can help.

My brother in law is retired Army and wants to stay at Shades of Green. We were going to try and get three rooms or one of the larger suites.

I am a little confused about who is allowed to stay. Will it matter that it is extended family? Or is it his immediate family only.

I am aware that if we stay there we will not be able to get the meal plans or magic bands. Anything else we will be missing?

There is an entire Shades of Green thread that will give you a ton of information in this Resort section.
Your brother in law can reseve there as a retiree. They are treated the same as active duty in that respect. I believe you can reserve up to 3 rooms and have extended family but without a military ID they don't let you shop at their "shopette" for items (or at least they didn't used to ).
Definitely check out the Shades thread.

There is an entire Shades of Green thread that will give you a ton of information in this Resort section.
Your brother in law can reseve there as a retiree. They are treated the same as active duty in that respect. I believe you can reserve up to 3 rooms and have extended family but without a military ID they don't let you shop at their "shopette" for items (or at least they didn't used to ).
Definitely check out the Shades thread.
Thank you I will look for that thread pooh:

Your BIL can sponsor a room for anyone granted he is also staying there. Doesn’t have to be just family. Great place to stay though and we stay there 90% of the time. If you want a suite, I would call yesterday lol. There aren’t many and they fill up quickly.

Your BIL can sponsor a room for anyone granted he is also staying there. Doesn’t have to be just family. Great place to stay though and we stay there 90% of the time. If you want a suite, I would call yesterday lol. There aren’t many and they fill up quickly.
Thanks! I think we are leaning more towards three separate rooms instead of the suit.

Like others have said your brother can sponsor up to three rooms. Also, if he has a spouse, his spouse can also sponsor up to three rooms--so it could be a total of 6 sponsored rooms for any extended family/friends.

With Shades of Green, you won't get the magic bands or dining plan, and you also won't be eligible for the Magical Express transportation from the airport. Shades of green is beautiful and we really noticed how much quieter it is than most Disney owned resorts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter