• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shampoo/conditioner on board?

I've never had issues asking the room host for extras. If you don't see the host much, leave a note out for him/her :)

Are the H20 body products available for purchase on the ship to take home?

They are, but I'd recommend going right to the H20 website if you want to order them. I've been addicted to them since our first DCL cruise have ordered numerous times since. They are the same products as on the ship (minus the DCL logo), but you can get them much cheaper because they often run great sales like 25% off or B1G1, etc.

I know they sold the full size product on the Magic and Wonder. I bet you can call any Disney Resort and have it shipped to you....

I always stock up when we stay in the resorts....I love the body butter the best. Nothing like having a cruddy day at work then putting some lotion on that reminds you of the parks and cruise to get you through the day...:goodvibes

They will replace as much as needed!! I'm on the ship now with a family of 4 and had no problems!

It's finally clear now, after all these years, why DCL cost so much more. It's the H2O product hoarders. :lmao:

I'm packing for a family of 5. I know that DCL provides shampoo and conditioner. The last time I cruised they replaced the bottles as I used them. Someone recently told me they now just give you a starter bottle of product and when you run out you are on your own. Anyone know what the current policy is?

We were on 14 days cruise, family of 4 and we got new shampoos/conditioners every day. They are not bottles (well at least on Wonder), they are in tubes.

I love, love their conditioner....it's they only thing which helps get all the tangles out of my DD hair.....

I think you can buy H20 products at Spa. Not sure the price because I didn't buy mine on the ship, but i bought on their web site (h20 web site). They had specials and I got 2 bottles of conditioner for the price of one.

My daughter just used the last of our tube of body butter so we better get cruising quick!

I color my hair. Does anyone know if the H2O line is sulfate free, and thus ok for me to use without fear of ruining my color?

Pretty interesting that they sell the same size that we get in our staterooms for $4 each.

I used the H2O shampoo during and after my cruise in June, 2011. When I went for my next cut and color about a month later, my hairdresser recommended that I stop using it. It stripped my color and made my hair very dry. I didn't realize how bad it was until I was in the salon. During my cruise a few weeks ago I used the H2O conditioner and body lotion but skipped the shampoo.

I love the shampoo and conditioner, my stateroom host replenished everytime we were low( I slipped some in my suitcase every day so I could get more!!) but my DH thinks it stinks, so I save it to use when we travel. they are the perfect travel size for weekend trips or camping.

I used the H2O shampoo during and after my cruise in June, 2011. When I went for my next cut and color about a month later, my hairdresser recommended that I stop using it. It stripped my color and made my hair very dry. I didn't realize how bad it was until I was in the salon. During my cruise a few weeks ago I used the H2O conditioner and body lotion but skipped the shampoo.

Good idea!

Another question - is it relatively tear-free? Is it ok for little kids?

I'm packing for a family of 5. I know that DCL provides shampoo and conditioner. The last time I cruised they replaced the bottles as I used them. Someone recently told me they now just give you a starter bottle of product and when you run out you are on your own. Anyone know what the current policy is?

I think it depends on the cruise and circumstances, we had 6 girls in our party (all pretty long hair)...we went through shampoo very quickly! I would request more every 2 days and only got one small bottle for 4 of us...not good. But the cruise was PACKED! I think they were just trying to portion it so more would not get upset..I love the body soaps and lotion but prefer my own shampoo/conditioner...since we're driving and not flying this next cruise I will definitely bring my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter