• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Share All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Platter at Whispering Canyon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

otterpop

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if it's possible to share the All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Platter at Whispering Canyon IF you only order one platter for one person and NOT utilize the all you care to enjoy option? This would work out perfectly for my two kids, as I can see each one eating different items on the platter than the other and this sounds like it would be more than enough food for the two of them.

Thanks!

Any chance you can explain? Is that from firsthand experience or are you just saying that because it's "all you care..."?

If they bring out a "platter" of food and I only eat half of it, what happens to the other half? Can I take it home with me? Share it with someone? Or does Disney say no and just throws it away?

Thanks!

Thanks DisneyHardin...I think you posted your comment right when I was editing mine.

Obviously if it was a buffet-type meal, I can understand that, but they are serving you a plate of food and you paid for that plate of food. I"m thinking/hoping, what you do with that food is up to you...but maybe not?

Thanks DisneyHardin...I think you posted your comment right when I was editing mine.

Obviously if it was a buffet-type meal, I can understand that, but they are serving you a plate of food and you paid for that plate of food. I"m thinking/hoping, what you do with that food is up to you...but maybe not?

We've eaten there a couple times, but I definitely don't claim to be an expert on the restaurant, but in all my years of reading the DIS Boards, I have never seen a report that anyone was able to share a skillet at WCC.

If you plan to try it, just be prepared for there to be charges for 2 skillet dinners on your bill if the server sees two people eating from the platter of food.

Thanks for all the comments!

Is it possible to get the "leftovers" to go or will the server not allow me to?

Any chance you can explain? Is that from firsthand experience or are you just saying that because it's "all you care..."?

If they bring out a "platter" of food and I only eat half of it, what happens to the other half? Can I take it home with me? Share it with someone? Or does Disney say no and just throws it away?

Thanks!

Sorry, Otterpop. I didn’t mean to be curt. I just know from years of hanging out here that you can’t share at any AYCE whether it’s a buffet, family style or food served individually.

The menu at the restaurant is very clear that each person who eats from the platter will be charged. All AYCTE meals at WDW are that way. I have never seen anyone with to-go containers at WDW. Not to say they don't exist, but I have never seen it.

Thanks for all the comments!

Is it possible to get the "leftovers" to go or will the server not allow me to?

They won't really let it get to the point where there are leftovers. They don't put too much food on it to begin with. When you ask for refills, they bring you like one piece of corn, or a tiny cup of beans, or one piece of chicken or beef at a time, etc. They will keep bringing more of whatever you want, but it's not like they deliver a whole new platter.

The menu at the restaurant is very clear that each person who eats from the platter will be charged. All AYCTE meals at WDW are that way. I have never seen anyone with to-go containers at WDW. Not to say they don't exist, but I have never seen it.

Re: to go containers...

I always get some of my fried chicken from 50s Prime Time Cafe to go. It is just too much to eat at one meal when you also want dessert :) I am usually heading right back to the resort, not carrying it around all day.

Last edited:
I always get some of my fried chicken from 50s Prime Time Cafe to go. It is just too much to eat at one meal when you also want dessert :) I am usually heading right back to the resort, not carrying it around all day.

That's not an all you care to eat place, though.

One time, my sister and my son loaded up a plate full of candy at Chef Mickey. They used to have several containers of different candies at the make-your-own sundae bar. I was embarrassed that they took so much and clearly weren’t going to eat it, so I apologized to our waiter.

To my surprise, he brought out a plastic bag, emptied the candy into it, and handed it to me to take with us.

Last year, we ate at Ohana for dinner with my baby nieces. They brought Rice Krispie treats for the girls that they didn’t touch because they were busy eating ice cream. The waiter took the plate and returned with a to-go container with the treats.

Beyond these two instances, we never got a doggie bag at an AYCE place in Disney.

Does anyone know if it's possible to share the All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Platter at Whispering Canyon IF you only order one platter for one person and NOT utilize the all you care to enjoy option? This would work out perfectly for my two kids, as I can see each one eating different items on the platter than the other and this sounds like it would be more than enough food for the two of them.

Thanks!

(Bolding mine)

I just noticed this. There is no such thing as "not utilize the all you care to enjoy option". The platter comes as AYCTE period. You can choose not to ask for more of anything, but it is still not the same as a single plated meal.

I totally agree with what everyone is saying...but...

AYCTE at a buffet restaurant, to me (but it sounds like not Disney), is different than this situation because they bring you a plate of food. The "idea" behind a buffet place is you take what you are going to eat, so (hopefully) nothing goes to waste. But here, they bring you a plate of food...which gets back to one of my original questions; if you don't eat everything that they bring you, what happens with what's left over? Logic (but you are right...this is Disney!) would tell me that you would be able to take the rest "to go" so the food doesn't go to waste. So far though, it seems like nobody actually knows the answer to this one...can you take the remainder to go? But maybe, as DLgal mentions, they have it down to a science such that they bring you so much at first that there really isn't any left over....

Thanks!

Why not just ask your server when you sit down? He/she will be able to explain the restaurant policy in terms of sharing (and not getting refills) or not being allowed to share at all.

I don’t know for sure, but I want to say no. Since it’s AYCTE, I could see them being more strict on taking things to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter