Share in my reservation panic and stupidity!

kevind2112

Mouseketeer
I almost ruined Christmas Eve for my wife and myself. Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but that's what it felt like. We are spending the day at Magic Kingdom, and are finishing off the day at Boathouse in Disney Springs. We currently have a 7:15pm reservation, but decided we wanted a bit later one, and spend just a bit more time in the park.

I signed up for a reservation finder at a reputable website. You know the one. I put in for 8:00pm to see what'll pop up. As has happened for every reservation finder request I've put in, I got the alert while I was driving on the highway. About 10 minutes later I was able to pull over. Knowing how fast those reservations can go, so I was already a bit anxious.

Pulled over opened my browser, and proceed to find the reservation at 8:15pm in the list of available restaurants. Yay! Of course, I have to cancel my 7:15pm first because they overlap. No problem, I really want the 8:15 so I cancel our current reservation. Get to the last screen and hit "confirm".

As I'm pushing "confirm" I, noticed the name of the restaurant looks a bit off. Too late to stop the confirmation, I only then realize I confirmed a reservation for "Boatwright's" and not "Boathouse"! In my haste to grab that confirmation I did not filter on Disney Springs, and clicked on the first thing that said "Boat...". I honestly never even heard of Boatwright's, assumed there was only one Disney restaurant with the name Boat in it.

Now, nothing against Boatwrights (the menu looks pretty good actually and decently priced), but we really wanted Boathouse. I panic, and start freaking out, as one adult does when they don't get what they want. 😂

Did a new proper search, and the later Boathouse reservation is gone. My heart is dropping. My wife suggests I check for our original reservation we already had, and thankfully it's still there! I quickly grab it, and I start to breathe again. Then, because I'm glutton for punishment, I once again enter reservation finder for the new time! My wife thinks I'm insane at this point.

Lesson learned, pay attention to what you are reserving, especially around the holidays!!!

Boatwrights is amazing! You would not have been disappointed. Luckily though, you were able to get what you wanted. I was so mad to see Boatwright opening the week after we left. Guess I’ll do it next time.

I almost ruined Christmas Eve for my wife and myself. Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but that's what it felt like. We are spending the day at Magic Kingdom, and are finishing off the day at Boathouse in Disney Springs. We currently have a 7:15pm reservation, but decided we wanted a bit later one, and spend just a bit more time in the park.

I signed up for a reservation finder at a reputable website. You know the one. I put in for 8:00pm to see what'll pop up. As has happened for every reservation finder request I've put in, I got the alert while I was driving on the highway. About 10 minutes later I was able to pull over. Knowing how fast those reservations can go, so I was already a bit anxious.

Pulled over opened my browser, and proceed to find the reservation at 8:15pm in the list of available restaurants. Yay! Of course, I have to cancel my 7:15pm first because they overlap. No problem, I really want the 8:15 so I cancel our current reservation. Get to the last screen and hit "confirm".

As I'm pushing "confirm" I, noticed the name of the restaurant looks a bit off. Too late to stop the confirmation, I only then realize I confirmed a reservation for "Boatwright's" and not "Boathouse"! In my haste to grab that confirmation I did not filter on Disney Springs, and clicked on the first thing that said "Boat...". I honestly never even heard of Boatwright's, assumed there was only one Disney restaurant with the name Boat in it.

Now, nothing against Boatwrights (the menu looks pretty good actually and decently priced), but we really wanted Boathouse. I panic, and start freaking out, as one adult does when they don't get what they want. 😂

Did a new proper search, and the later Boathouse reservation is gone. My heart is dropping. My wife suggests I check for our original reservation we already had, and thankfully it's still there! I quickly grab it, and I start to breathe again. Then, because I'm glutton for punishment, I once again enter reservation finder for the new time! My wife thinks I'm insane at this point.

Lesson learned, pay attention to what you are reserving, especially around the holidays!!!
For the record, when you get a new reservation that overlaps, you'll be asked which one you want. If you select the new one, your old one is cancelled at the same time the new one is reserved, so no need to cancel yours first.

Another option, when it's the same restaurant, locate your reservation in my plans and modify it.

For the record, when you get a new reservation that overlaps, you'll be asked which one you want. If you select the new one, your old one is cancelled at the same time the new one is reserved, so no need to cancel yours first.

Another option, when it's the same restaurant, locate your reservation in my plans and modify it.

Sorry, that's what I actually meant. Just didn't explain it correctly. Yes, one of the steps in the reservation confirmation is to confirm you want to cancel the overlapping one, which I chose to accept.

Boatwrights is amazing! You would not have been disappointed. Luckily though, you were able to get what you wanted. I was so mad to see Boatwright opening the week after we left. Guess I’ll do it next time.

Agreed! The menu looks really good. We have that on our list of "try if we have time" for this trip.

Sorry, that's what I actually meant. Just didn't explain it correctly. Yes, one of the steps in the reservation confirmation is to confirm you want to cancel the overlapping one, which I chose to accept.
Sounds good, I know Genie+ is the opposite - cancel first then get another, so hoping no one gets those confused! 🤣

The part where you double down at the end - go back to the drawing board to get exactly what you want - which will likely lead to more car pullovers, and your wife thinks you are insane. You are not alone! Same dynamic here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter