Share something you have always wanted to try, but you end up going for your favorite...

mickeymom22

DIS Veteran
I have always wanted to try one of the waffles at Sleepy Hollow or the cheeseburger egg rolls from the Adventureland cart...but our family loves Harbour House so we always end up there! :love:

1) Always wanted to try the Scotch Egg at Rose & Crown, but only seem to make it to the take out window for fish & chips.

2) Want to try the bread service at Sanna, but fi we are not staying at AKL, I have a hard time getting others to buy into the trek to the lodge!!!

So many! At the restaurant prices, I always have a hard time trying someplace new when it's easier to spend my money on what I know I'll like. For instance, I keep meaning to try Skipper Canteen, but I know I like Liberty Tree Tavern, so I go there. And I keep meaning to try Spice Table Road in Epcot, but I know I like Tangerine Cafe, so I go there.

1) Always wanted to try the Scotch Egg at Rose & Crown, but only seem to make it to the take out window for fish & chips.

2) Want to try the bread service at Sanna, but fi we are not staying at AKL, I have a hard time getting others to buy into the trek to the lodge!!!

I have always wanted to try the Scotch Egg at Rose & Crown too, but never have. I did find it on a menu at a restaurant near the Biltmore House in North Carolina, and I tried it there. It was really good!

We treated my dad to lunch at Sanaa for Christmas this past year, and the bread service was really yummy as well as the entrees! Totally worth the trip out there!

So many! At the restaurant prices, I always have a hard time trying someplace new when it's easier to spend my money on what I know I'll like. For instance, I keep meaning to try Skipper Canteen, but I know I like Liberty Tree Tavern, so I go there. And I keep meaning to try Spice Table Road in Epcot, but I know I like Tangerine Cafe, so I go there.

All those restaurants sound like great places to try!

I agree. Trying new things is hard sometimes, especially at Disney prices. I'm a fairly adventurous eater but at Disney I worry that I will waste my money on something that I will not like, so I usually just go with my old favorites.

I keep thinking we are going to go eat a meal at Disney springs, but we always end staying in the parks! Just too much effort to go all the way there and back for one meal, and our kids always want to spend their shopping $ at the gift shops we go through at the end of rides (that pirates of the caribbean shop has had soooo many purchases from us) than wait to spend them in Disney springs.

I keep thinking we are going to go eat a meal at Disney springs, but we always end staying in the parks! Just too much effort to go all the way there and back for one meal, and our kids always want to spend their shopping $ at the gift shops we go through at the end of rides (that pirates of the caribbean shop has had soooo many purchases from us) than wait to spend them in Disney springs.

We used to always go to Disney Springs on our last day of our trip. It got to where I hated it. The last couple of times we have gone, we have went on our first day there...way better! It gets us excited to be in the Disney bubble. We just stroll around and soak up the fact we are on vacation. Places we have tried and liked in Disney Springs were Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy, and Raglan Road.

Finally tried a dole whip this last trip. Always meant to try one but every time the line was so long or we just forgot. With the mobile app to order it was super easy and DELICIOUS. Also,, need to get to Ghirardelli, we end up eating so much at whichever Disney Springs restaurant that we are too full for Ghirardelli.

Finally tried a dole whip this last trip. Always meant to try one but every time the line was so long or we just forgot. With the mobile app to order it was super easy and DELICIOUS. Also,, need to get to Ghirardelli, we end up eating so much at whichever Disney Springs restaurant that we are too full for Ghirardelli.

Dole Whips are a must! I have never tried Ghirardelli either...well, I have tried the free sample... :-)

We used to always go to Disney Springs on our last day of our trip. It got to where I hated it. The last couple of times we have gone, we have went on our first day there...way better! It gets us excited to be in the Disney bubble. We just stroll around and soak up the fact we are on vacation. Places we have tried and liked in Disney Springs were Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy, and Raglan Road.
That sounds nice. We usually just eat at our resort on our first night because we usually get in in the late afternoon/evening and don't want to risk flight delays making us miss an ADR, but on our next trip we are getting in at noon so maybe we will book something at Disney Springs after all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter