Share your gear please!

Old timex ironman watch, ipad shuffle, and a couple of GU gels with caffeine. I'm a bit odd that I have not stopped for a picture in either Disney HM I ran in, so no need for a phone.

We can be odd together, then. I’ve run something on the order of 18 RunDisney races of various lengths and have yet to stop for a picture. I’m there to run and soak up the atmosphere, but I have no interest in stopping for a character.

I wear a cheap SPI belt that I got from Amazon for like $10. It's small but very stretchy and fits a surprising amount of stuff. Last year I wore it under my skirt so you couldn't see it in photos. For a half marathon I bring my cell phone, ID, credit card, a little cash, a couple of packs of Sport Beans and Run Gum, and a cooling towel if it's hot. I also wear PowerBeats wireless headphones and an Apple Watch. I usually stream music on my phone, but if it died I also have music on my watch that I could listen to.

I second the SPI belt for a half marathon. It holds my phone, credit card, ID, and some cash if needed. I tuck it under my shirt, and it doesn't show up on any pictures. They also sell water bottles that clip onto the belt that are pretty good. I don't use gels for 1/2 marathons..

I run with a Garmin 230 that shows text messages, so I can get info on the location of my wife & kids during the race - very helpful in a marathon with a ton of people. She can use Garmin or other apps to get my location and text me ahead of time that she's in a particular location - it works out very well..

If I listen to music, books, etc. during a run, I use Plantronics BackBeat FIT Bluetooth headset....much easier than messing around with cords. It's waterproof and has been through many downpours..

For marathons, I use a Two Ogres water belt (bought from Amazon). It has 2 10 oz. bottles and a pocket with enough room for the phone, ID and 4 gels.

In a flip belt I carry my phone, a Kleenex, two packs of Sports Beans, and lipstick because pictures :thumbsup2

I'm a minimalist, if it doesn't strap to my wrist or fit in my pockets I don't bring it. Not a picture stop guy.
Garmin, a couple of gels, a few fig newtons in a zip-lock bag, chapstick, mini Body Glide for the full.
Sunglasses for the full, but not the half.
Throw-away hat and gloves, if needed.
I use the provided water/Powerade.
Phone and Magic band go in the gear check bag. (My iPhone is so old, if someone stole it, they'd probably return it with a donation!)

I miss Fig Newtons! I wonder if they make a gluten free version??

Man, some of y'all are way more careful than I. I leave the house with my watch, a handheld water bottle where I stash my key, and that's it.

I run with a RooSport pouch. I don't like things that wrap around my waist when I'm running (they never stay where I want and I feel like I'm constantly adjusting), so this is a good alternative for me. Inside I have: car key, chapstick, tissues, ID, credit card, used to have AP card (I miss you AP :sad1:), insurance card, fuel (usually some combination of beans and waffles).

I also added pockets to my leggings, so my phone goes in there. I run with Airpods, so for the marathon I put the charging case in my pocket also since I knew they would run out of battery otherwise.

I carry my phone, headphones, and a couple of gels. There's plenty of water stations on Run Disney courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter