Share your great Disney Fantasy experiences!

little_orange_bird

Mouseketeer
Hi. I know this is the epitome of first world problems, and it’s not a complaint, more of a curiosity. We’re sailing on the Fantasy in July, and while many years ago we sailed the Dream and the Wonder, I don’t remember much about those cruises. Most recently we’ve been on the Wish, twice. I am absolutely in love with the Wish, everything about it. I know many people find the Wish to be different in a bad way after sailing the older ships, but I’m afraid of the opposite problem- that I love the Wish so much I won’t like the Fantasy as much! Can anyone share why they the love the Fantasy? I know I’ll be happy since it’s a Disney Cruise, but I’d love to know what to expect, or if anyone else has experienced these feelings. Pics are a bonus. Thank you!!

Honestly, I will sail any Disney Ship and Love it and we have done all five. We did the Fantasy just after the restart, and just sitting in Ooh-La-La listening to the music in a world starting to get back to normal, that was magic. On top of that, the ship was decorated for Christmas. We still had to wear our mask, but it was just better.

We sailed on the Fantasy last June (previous cruise on Wonder and Magic.).
On the Fantasy we loved
--The Midship Detective Agency game (3 different cases to solve and you don't use your phone!)
--Free snacks in Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe (pastries until late afternoon, olives/cheese/bread sticks in evening)
--Balcony seating in the Walt Disney theater
--Promenade/jogging track on deck 4 that goes all the way around
--mini golf!
--'healthy foods' at Fillmore's Favorites on the pool deck (fresh fruit, salads, paninis)

Can anyone share why they the love the Fantasy?
I love the Fantasy, maybe because it was my first ship.
I like how easy it is to sit on deck and see my kids and the pool but quickly access food (had an awful time with this on the Wish).
I like the AquaDuck a lot (way better than the ride on the Wish).
Stores are large and easy to move around in.
The portholes are easy to lounge in (that seems to be a challenge on the older ships) for my son.

Also, I'm with geo-mom on the free snacks in the cafes and the full walkaround deck.

I do not like the lack of family hot tubs (a favorite on the Dream, I haven't been on the Magic yet). I also really like the Cantina and BBQ on the Wish.

Hi. I know this is the epitome of first world problems, and it’s not a complaint, more of a curiosity. We’re sailing on the Fantasy in July, and while many years ago we sailed the Dream and the Wonder, I don’t remember much about those cruises. Most recently we’ve been on the Wish, twice. I am absolutely in love with the Wish, everything about it. I know many people find the Wish to be different in a bad way after sailing the older ships, but I’m afraid of the opposite problem- that I love the Wish so much I won’t like the Fantasy as much! Can anyone share why they the love the Fantasy? I know I’ll be happy since it’s a Disney Cruise, but I’d love to know what to expect, or if anyone else has experienced these feelings. Pics are a bonus. Thank you!!
I’ve sailed on both one time each. The wish last month and the Fantasy 10 years ago.
I think both are great! One thing the Fantasy has that the Wish doesn’t have is a real continuous promenade deck. But I managed to walk enough on the walking decks with stairs on the Wish. I do like the Wish adult pool better, but I go at early morning uncrowded times.
I like both ships very much. I’m going on the Wish again next year, and I hope one day to sail on the Fantasy again.

Love the full deck on deck 4; love the snacks on the cove and vista cafe;

Love the three banks of elevators; the true spaces that are east to be adult only spaces in the evening rather than being lounged out in the middle of all the traffic;

Like how it is all grouped together from a lounge standpoint than spreads out all over the ship;

Prefer healthy options on deck 11 - salads etc

Absolutely love the larger adult area on fantasy compared to wish. No comparison in my book between the two.

Now love cantina on the wish .. so a plus there for sure.

We sailed on the Fantasy last month and LOVED it!

The service was amazing. Our PALO and REMY meals were outstanding. We loved the adult area and that all of the adult-only venues were in one spot. We thought the food in the main dining rooms was really good- no complaints at all. The AquaDuck was so fun- much more intense than expected. And we were seated at dinner with two couples who were just like us (late 30s, no kids, passholders, and DVC members) and we plan to try to cruise together in the future. I left that ship with a full heart and happy as can be!

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the rainforest room pass. There were always too many people there- and many of them were not treating it as a spa environment (i.e. yelling and obnoxious behavior).

We've sailed on all 5 ships. Pros to the Fantasy over the Wish...

-Satellite Falls
-Plenty of loungers in the sun, in the adult area/relaxing soundtrack
-Cove Bar
-Europa (all adult nighttime entertainment together)
-No Dinner Shows (Crush can be easily ignored and its quick)
-Longer Itineraries
-Better Entrance Announcement, complete with cruise staff cheering for you
-Buffet, not crew serve
-Promenade Deck
-Easier to Navigate

The adults-only area is a good size with lots of seating and some parts of it under shaded areas.

Cove Cafe is much larger than the Wish and has snacks during the day.

Two hot tubs in the adults-only area under shaded areas. Nice and big.

Elevators actually work and don't take too long. That there isn't a mid-ship elevator on the Wish doesn't bother me at all, but the slowness does.

I think Cabanas has more selection than Marcelline Market though I prefer the seating area in Marcelline Market. Much better fruit and salad selection.

Remy's. I will eventually try Enchante but the menu there doesn't thrill me the way Remy's does.

Better/more storage in the cabins.

Wine pairings for entrees listed on the menus.

Sandwiches and fruit and paninis on deck. Generally more healthier options than the Wish.

Aqua Duck.

Meridian and Oh La La (not that I didn't like Nightingales and the Bayou on the Wish).

Ability to swivel the TV in the stateroom so you can watch it on the couch as well as the bed.

Midship Detective Game.

Not that there aren't a lot of things I liked on the Wish or that I liked better on the Wish, but these are the things I preferred on the Fantasy. There are also things I prefer on the Magic to the Fantasy and vice-versa. Basically, no ship is bad, just different and there will be pros/cons and things you prefer on one ship over another which will be different for different people.

Honestly, I will sail any Disney Ship and Love it and we have done all five. We did the Fantasy just after the restart, and just sitting in Ooh-La-La listening to the music in a world starting to get back to normal, that was magic. On top of that, the ship was decorated for Christmas. We still had to wear our mask, but it was just better.
Ooh-La-La looks so pretty! I will definitely make a note to enjoy the ambience there!

We sailed on the Fantasy last June (previous cruise on Wonder and Magic.).
On the Fantasy we loved
--The Midship Detective Agency game (3 different cases to solve and you don't use your phone!)
--Free snacks in Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe (pastries until late afternoon, olives/cheese/bread sticks in evening)
--Balcony seating in the Walt Disney theater
--Promenade/jogging track on deck 4 that goes all the way around
--mini golf!
--'healthy foods' at Fillmore's Favorites on the pool deck (fresh fruit, salads, paninis)
I love love love this list. Adding mini golf to my must-do list… and love the free cafe snacks, there are no snacks in the cove cafe on the Wish!

I love the Fantasy, maybe because it was my first ship.
I like how easy it is to sit on deck and see my kids and the pool but quickly access food (had an awful time with this on the Wish).
I like the AquaDuck a lot (way better than the ride on the Wish).
Stores are large and easy to move around in.
The portholes are easy to lounge in (that seems to be a challenge on the older ships) for my son.

Also, I'm with geo-mom on the free snacks in the cafes and the full walkaround deck.

I do not like the lack of family hot tubs (a favorite on the Dream, I haven't been on the Magic yet). I also really like the Cantina and BBQ on the Wish.
SO MANY THINGS to look forward to. Especially just walking around the deck, it sounds like!
I can’t wait to try the AquaDuck.
you’re right, the stores are so crowded on the Wish!

I’ve sailed on both one time each. The wish last month and the Fantasy 10 years ago.
I think both are great! One thing the Fantasy has that the Wish doesn’t have is a real continuous promenade deck. But I managed to walk enough on the walking decks with stairs on the Wish. I do like the Wish adult pool better, but I go at early morning uncrowded times.
I like both ships very much. I’m going on the Wish again next year, and I hope one day to sail on the Fantasy again.
Thank you so much for this. I love the Wish adult section too, so I hear you about that, but I love that you like both very much!

Pics from June 2022
Animation Magic in Animators Palate on 7nt or longer cruises:
View attachment 754486
View attachment 754492
Adult pool area:
View attachment 754491
View attachment 754489
Family pool
View attachment 754487
Atrium
View attachment 754488
View attachment 754490
Oh my goodness, these pics are beautiful! Thank you! That chandelier! :love: I feel like I’ll just want to admire that for ages! I have heard this ship is more Art Deco, I think? Which is a fave style.

Love the full deck on deck 4; love the snacks on the cove and vista cafe;

Love the three banks of elevators; the true spaces that are east to be adult only spaces in the evening rather than being lounged out in the middle of all the traffic;

Like how it is all grouped together from a lounge standpoint than spreads out all over the ship;

Prefer healthy options on deck 11 - salads etc

Absolutely love the larger adult area on fantasy compared to wish. No comparison in my book between the two.

Now love cantina on the wish .. so a plus there for sure.
I love your list of things to love. Definitely such a different (good) perspective. Quite a few people are mentioning the healthy options….I def have to try those! And your love for the adult area makes me excited for it!

We sailed on the Fantasy last month and LOVED it!

The service was amazing. Our PALO and REMY meals were outstanding. We loved the adult area and that all of the adult-only venues were in one spot. We thought the food in the main dining rooms was really good- no complaints at all. The AquaDuck was so fun- much more intense than expected. And we were seated at dinner with two couples who were just like us (late 30s, no kids, passholders, and DVC members) and we plan to try to cruise together in the future. I left that ship with a full heart and happy as can be!

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the rainforest room pass. There were always too many people there- and many of them were not treating it as a spa environment (i.e. yelling and obnoxious behavior).
We are also a couple just like that! I’ve never done Palo or Remy so I should really try one. Your description of leaving with a full heart and as happy as can be… :love:

I don’t think I’ll ever try the rr again. We did them originally on first two cruises, magic and wonder, but didn’t enjoy Wish. Agreed on way too many people; didn’t stick around long enough to witness obnoxious but I believe it. I think they’re selling waaaaaaay more passes than in the past, although of course thats just my conjecture.

We've sailed on all 5 ships. Pros to the Fantasy over the Wish...

-Satellite Falls
-Plenty of loungers in the sun, in the adult area/relaxing soundtrack
-Cove Bar
-Europa (all adult nighttime entertainment together)
-No Dinner Shows (Crush can be easily ignored and its quick)
-Longer Itineraries
-Better Entrance Announcement, complete with cruise staff cheering for you
-Buffet, not crew serve
-Promenade Deck
-Easier to Navigate
Love this list of pros….esp. the true buffet service! 🤣 And you can’t beat a longer itinerary, it’s true.

The adults-only area is a good size with lots of seating and some parts of it under shaded areas.

Cove Cafe is much larger than the Wish and has snacks during the day.

Two hot tubs in the adults-only area under shaded areas. Nice and big.

Elevators actually work and don't take too long. That there isn't a mid-ship elevator on the Wish doesn't bother me at all, but the slowness does.

I think Cabanas has more selection than Marcelline Market though I prefer the seating area in Marcelline Market. Much better fruit and salad selection.

Remy's. I will eventually try Enchante but the menu there doesn't thrill me the way Remy's does.

Better/more storage in the cabins.

Wine pairings for entrees listed on the menus.

Sandwiches and fruit and paninis on deck. Generally more healthier options than the Wish.

Aqua Duck.

Meridian and Oh La La (not that I didn't like Nightingales and the Bayou on the Wish).

Ability to swivel the TV in the stateroom so you can watch it on the couch as well as the bed.

Midship Detective Game.

Not that there aren't a lot of things I liked on the Wish or that I liked better on the Wish, but these are the things I preferred on the Fantasy. There are also things I prefer on the Magic to the Fantasy and vice-versa. Basically, no ship is bad, just different and there will be pros/cons and things you prefer on one ship over another which will be different for different people.
I am giving you disboard fellow posters virtual high fives for such great reviews! I love all of this! Lack of shade in the adult area was the one thing that got to me…I’d have to drape a towel around my head and over my eyes. All of these sound so lovely.

We're on the Fantasy for our second time in a few weeks, this thread got me even more excited! We've also sailed all 5 ships. We very much enjoyed the Wish but still feel like the Fantasy is our favorite...I guess we'll find out! I think all of the comments here are spot-on. I'm always happy to be on a DCL ship!

Things I'm looking forward to being back on the Fantasy:
-Satellite Falls
-Snacks in Cove Cafe
-Animation Magic
-self-serve buffet
-AquaDuck
-7 nights!

Thing's I think I'll miss from the Wish:
-pirate show/fireworks
-deck food (BBQ, cantina, etc)
-from DH (Hero Zone)
-the small, well-themed movie theaters
-the HUGE HA verandah we had from our upgraded inside GTY!! (total pixie dust)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter