Share your great Disney Fantasy experiences!

We're on the Fantasy for our second time in a few weeks, this thread got me even more excited! We've also sailed all 5 ships. We very much enjoyed the Wish but still feel like the Fantasy is our favorite...I guess we'll find out! I think all of the comments here are spot-on. I'm always happy to be on a DCL ship!

Things I'm looking forward to being back on the Fantasy:
-Satellite Falls
-Snacks in Cove Cafe
-Animation Magic
-self-serve buffet
-AquaDuck
-7 nights!

Thing's I think I'll miss from the Wish:
-pirate show/fireworks
-deck food (BBQ, cantina, etc)
-from DH (Hero Zone)
-the small, well-themed movie theaters
-the HUGE HA verandah we had from our upgraded inside GTY!! (total pixie dust)
yes to 7 nights!!!! I’m glad my thread added to your excitement:)
And speaking to missing your veranda, it reminded me this is my first Dcl sailing with a veranda…..I’m very excited for that!

Others have already mentioned the Europa adult area, but I wanted to specifically call out the evening entertainment. Several nights had musical performers in 2 different areas, trivia in another area, and a dance party or other activity in the fourth area. If I didn’t care for one location, it took just a minute or two to get to another. I don’t care for alcohol, and never felt pressured to order anything, though the bartender in La Piazza was able to prepare two different mocktails for my 19 year old daughter and me.

All great responses. We've been on all the ships. The most fun and engaging servers and head server and room stewards were on the fantasy. This has been true for every trip.The worst and least engaging were on the Wish. But we love all the ships and have always enjoyed every cruise.

I'll also add that I like some of the daytime and evening activities that they don't always have on the shorter cruises as much like towel folding, learn to cook, more opportunities for things like karaoke, etc.

We've sailed on all 5 ships. Pros to the Fantasy over the Wish...

-Satellite Falls
-Plenty of loungers in the sun, in the adult area/relaxing soundtrack
-Cove Bar
-Europa (all adult nighttime entertainment together)
-No Dinner Shows (Crush can be easily ignored and its quick)
-Longer Itineraries
-Better Entrance Announcement, complete with cruise staff cheering for you
-Buffet, not crew serve
-Promenade Deck
-Easier to Navigate

Ditto above.....we sailed all the ships with Wish 1x and Fantasy many times. We just sailed the Fantasy last month on a Pixar cruise but even without the Pixar element we love the Fantasy. All the adult areas are great, love Satellite Falls, the regular adult pool area, easy to get around, the shows are great, etc.

I did not care for Deck 4 on the Wish, Luna Lounge or the adult areas spread all around. Wish does get an A for pool deck food. I enjoyed the dining rooms.

MJ

I'll also add that I like some of the daytime and evening activities that they don't always have on the shorter cruises as much like towel folding, learn to cook, more opportunities for things like karaoke, etc.
That explains why I remember a learn to cook class on dcl cruises years ago, but not offered on the wish….I was so puzzled by that!

Ditto above.....we sailed all the ships with Wish 1x and Fantasy many times. We just sailed the Fantasy last month on a Pixar cruise but even without the Pixar element we love the Fantasy. All the adult areas are great, love Satellite Falls, the regular adult pool area, easy to get around, the shows are great, etc.

I did not care for Deck 4 on the Wish, Luna Lounge or the adult areas spread all around. Wish does get an A for pool deck food. I enjoyed the dining rooms.

MJ

I do agree, the pool deck food on the Wish was great...probably the 1 thing I feel was better on the Wish than other ships. And I did enjoy 1923 very much.

Luna, where it was made it feel not adult only. At one point the event had to be paused as we could hear cheering and screaming from a family event upstairs (Tritons I think it was). We also had kids come in the balcony and watch an event. When the host told them they had to leave their father popped in and said oh its ok, they are just watching, not playing. If the area were secluded, that most likely wouldn't have been an issue.

I do agree, the pool deck food on the Wish was great...probably the 1 thing I feel was better on the Wish than other ships. And I did enjoy 1923 very much.

Luna, where it was made it feel not adult only. At one point the event had to be paused as we could hear cheering and screaming from a family event upstairs (Tritons I think it was). We also had kids come in the balcony and watch an event. When the host told them they had to leave their father popped in and said oh its ok, they are just watching, not playing. If the area were secluded, that most likely wouldn't have been an issue.

We also found the venue for Karaoke across from the upper level of Luna's to be so loud. We had to have a cast member go and close their door so we could hear what was being said in Luna. I also didn't like that Luna did not seem to have a way to get up or down between the 2 levels in there....we had one person in our group in a wheelchair and we had to go all the way out to the elevator to go down when we wanted to change our seats for a better view.

MJ

Question: My adult daughter/son in law are trying to get us (me & DH) to go on a 4 or 7 nt DCL Fantasy cruise.
Only cruised once in our lifetime on Carnival many years ago. This cruise is leaving from Canaveral which is very convenient as it's literally 10 minutes from our snowbird Cocoa Beach condo. We pass those magnificent cruise ships practically daily.

My question: I know we have to have a balcony as DH would be claustrophobic, but my main question is IF we do agree to go, what area/level should we try to get a stateroom. On the one and only cruise I mentioned, I definitely needed Dramamine every day. So would appreciate suggestion of room/level with less motion. And noise. Yes, I realize I'm dreaming with all my needs/wants. Just don't want to spoil daughter's trip IF we do go. We definitely are Disney people as we've been going to WDW since the Poly & Contemporary opened. We stay overnight quite often and do many day trips while in Cocoa B. So the choice of cruise line is to our liking.

Thank you so much for any suggestions. Daughter originally kept mentioning WISH (cuz it leaves out of Canaveral) but I really am concerned with all the negativity and told her so.

Question: My adult daughter/son in law are trying to get us (me & DH) to go on a 4 or 7 nt DCL Fantasy cruise.
Only cruised once in our lifetime on Carnival many years ago. This cruise is leaving from Canaveral which is very convenient as it's literally 10 minutes from our snowbird Cocoa Beach condo. We pass those magnificent cruise ships practically daily.

My question: I know we have to have a balcony as DH would be claustrophobic, but my main question is IF we do agree to go, what area/level should we try to get a stateroom. On the one and only cruise I mentioned, I definitely needed Dramamine every day. So would appreciate suggestion of room/level with less motion. And noise. Yes, I realize I'm dreaming with all my needs/wants. Just don't want to spoil daughter's trip IF we do go. We definitely are Disney people as we've been going to WDW since the Poly & Contemporary opened. We stay overnight quite often and do many day trips while in Cocoa B. So the choice of cruise line is to our liking.

Thank you so much for any suggestions. Daughter originally kept mentioning WISH (cuz it leaves out of Canaveral) but I really am concerned with all the negativity and told her so.
If you want an area with as less motion as possible, get midship. Because you will be in the middle of the ship, the rocking and rolling won't be as noticeable. Fortunately, larger ships in general mean you'll feel it less as well. There is some debate as if you feel it more on a higher or lower deck. I haven't been able to tell a huge difference on other ships but someone with more Disney Fantasy experience can probably tell you more about deck specific experiences.

Also, I would get a travel agent. We've always used one for both Disney and non-Disney cruises. They can help get you exactly what you want. Tell them you want as little motion as possible and they'll do everything they can do accommodate the request. They will advocate for you in every other way during trip planning too. And you can get on board credit, which is essentially like having a gift card to use on the ship for extra purchases (souvenirs, alcohol, speciality dining, etc).

If you want an area with as less motion as possible, get midship. Because you will be in the middle of the ship, the rocking and rolling won't be as noticeable. Fortunately, larger ships in general mean you'll feel it less as well. There is some debate as if you feel it more on a higher or lower deck. I haven't been able to tell a huge difference on other ships but someone with more Disney Fantasy experience can probably tell you more about deck specific experiences.

Also, I would get a travel agent. We've always used one for both Disney and non-Disney cruises. They can help get you exactly what you want. Tell them you want as little motion as possible and they'll do everything they can do accommodate the request. They will advocate for you in every other way during trip planning too. And you can get on board credit, which is essentially like having a gift card to use on the ship for extra purchases (souvenirs, alcohol, speciality dining, etc).
Thank you for your kindness to reply. My daughter mentioned going through Costco (only because she saw the travel booklet there this week) and though I didn't say anything I thought it might be better for us non-cruisers to use a travel agent. Because we are such novices, I think an agent would be smarter.

Again, thank you.

Thank you for your kindness to reply. My daughter mentioned going through Costco (only because she saw the travel booklet there this week) and though I didn't say anything I thought it might be better for us non-cruisers to use a travel agent. Because we are such novices, I think an agent would be smarter.

Again, thank you.
DIS Boards has a partnership with Dreams Unlimited Travel, and I know many on here use them. I never have but have heard good things.

Again, thank you.
We are cruising this Saturday and Dreams Unlimited booked our cruise and Lisa has been wonderful to work with!

Again, thank you.

I've been using Dreams Unlimited since 2002. and also worked for them for a time in between then and now. ;) Their agents truly are the experts, with tons of experience with the products they sell. For a newbie who needs guidance, DU would be a great choice. Their gift basket and OBC is just the icing on the cake of the assistance they can provide.

DIS Boards has a partnership with Dreams Unlimited Travel, and I know many on here use them. I never have but have heard good things.
Thank you
I've been using Dreams Unlimited since 2002. and also worked for them for a time in between then and now. ;) Their agents truly are the experts, with tons of experience with the products they sell. For a newbie who needs guidance, DU would be a great choice. Their gift basket and OBC is just the icing on the cake of the assistance they can provide.
Thank you for responding.
We are cruising this Saturday and Dreams Unlimited booked our cruise and Lisa has been wonderful to work with!
Thank you.

Nothing to add other than I’m so relieved to hear someone loves the Wish!!!!!!!! We sail on her in January for my son’s 16th surprise bday.

Nothing to add other than I’m so relieved to hear someone loves the Wish!!!!!!!! We sail on her in January for my son’s 16th surprise bday.
So far, it's my least favourite ship for a variety of reasons but there were a number of things that I did like about her. We sailed with friends on a 4-night on her in January and because I needed to obtain a placeholder (duh, forgot to get one last cruise) and because DH and I cruise a little differently when we're on our own than when we're with them, we decided to do a 3-night (4 nights is better but dates didn't work for me) back on the Wish to try out some of the things we missed the first time. I am looking forward to dinner at 1923 again and we did love the show in Arendelle.

One thing that I will say about her is that she is so smooth you barely even know you're moving. I didn't even realize that we'd left Castaway Cay or Port Canaveral. I don't mind at all the vibration or noise or movement of a ship when you're pulling away, but boy that ship is like you're just gliding on air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter