Share your holiday shopping bargains

Yesterday we cleaned out our shed, so I had a full van load of stuff to donate. After dropping the items off, I stopped by TJ Maxx & Marshall’s (Across the street from each other). I was able to grab two foot pumice scrubbers for $3 each on clearance, and two 5-packs of makeup remover cloths for $4.50 each on clearance. Both items will be stocking stuffers for our daughters (19 yrs next month, and 21 yrs in Jan).

I was thrilled to be able to stack the $25 off of toys at Target with my Circle rewards and the RedCard. It brought the Disney ILY Minnie cars down to $61.50 two instead of $49.99 (plus 6.35% tax) each.

I bought my kids long sleeved baby Yoda Christmas shirts for a total of $0.84 from Kohl’s after using discounts and Kohl’s cash. They’re going to get them on Christmas Day along with their new MagicBands. They have no idea we are heading to Disney just a few days later. When we went in May, we told them we were going again for Thanksgiving 2022. The Kohl’s cash was from buying two other gifts: the giant Frozen 2 Ultimate Arendelle Castle that was marked down to $79.99 in September and a Discovery science lab edible experiment kit.

I was also able to get two Magic Mixies for free during the September pre-order on Amazon by using my Amazon points. My kids hadn’t yet asked for them back then but I took a chance and ordered them at $49.99 each. They’re now $69.99 if you can find them anywhere. I’ve had friends paying $100+ for them on eBay and Mercari.

Last edited:

Got a Marvel and a Star Wars Lego advent calendar for 31.99 each at Target.

I know they can sometimes go for 30, but I also know they can sell out. By the time I decided to buy last year’s version, I paid full price from Walmart for a Star Wars one and it was sold out everywhere else and didn’t buy a Harry Potter one at all because the only places that had it were resalers.

So this year I’ll take a reasonable discount when I can get it, especially since this is a Christmas gift you have to buy a month earlier.

I got the Star Wars Lego advent calendar from Target, too. Better to grab it now at a small discount. My DH has a Halloween birthday, so it makes a good birthday gift for him. Well, that, and he's flying to his brother's tomorrow, so they can go to Fenway to see the Red Sox in the playoffs. If they make it into the World Series, he'll head back up, and I'll have Christmas covered, too.

DS4 has been obsessed with Hotwheels since the beginning of the pandemic when we ordered him a track to keep him occupied during quarantine. I'm looking to get him some hot wheels shirts, decor, books, maybe a new track if I can find one that isn't too complicated. He really likes Mario, too, so maybe some Mario things.

I've been doing a lot of secondhand shopping for him this year. Between everything that's been happening these last 2 years and several issues within our family, and a cruise (hopefully) booked for January, money is tighter than usual, and I have always loved thrifting so I'm hitting up flea markets, Goodwill, and eBay a lot. I figure he's too young to notice or care that his gifts are secondhand, and by the time he's old enough he'll know Santa's Secret and will hopefully understand that he can get more/nicer things if they're used. His birthday falls right after Thanksgiving, so I also have that and his party and everything to plan for. Ooof.

I'm also looking for a new job, so that could tweak my budget a bit if i get one. We relocated to Florida in Feb and I could only find part time work. It worked out at first so I could help get DS adjusted to preschool and be there if DH's health wasn't good, but now we are settled and I reallllllly need full time work. I have 129 applications out on LinkedIn right now. Hopefully something bites soon.

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a new job, so that could tweak my budget a bit if i get one.

Well I just accepted a new position! They matched my pay and it's full time instead of part time and I'll start in 2 weeks. Won't make a huge difference in time for Christmas, but it does mean I got DS the Wall-E robot he's been wanting and even used my 25% off to get it for 30 something. The bad news? I have to drive 28 miles to get it at a Target where it isn't out of stock. :rolleyes:

Also finished up my Godson and his sister. Got him one of the cheaper video games on his list and her a dress and play doh thing she had on her wishlist. Their mom found my DS the super hard to find play-doh kitchen oven thing that it seems like is on every kids wish list this year for his birthday, so that's one thing I can knock off my list of things to hunt down.

Update: I got Wall-E, mission accomplished. That about wraps me up for Christmas actually. All i need is 2 hand sanitizers from B&B and 1 art kit of some sort for my cousin's daughter. We will do a secret santa with the siblings and siblings in law on DH's side probably, so I'll get that when I draw my name. Plus, I'm sure I'll pick up a thing or 2 more for DS in impulse. But if Christmas came tomorrow, I'd be almost completely set.

Last edited:
I bought three lol dolls For a family member. I felt it was a score 😊🥳 .My dd is grown so not in the loop about toys lol!

1st doll is an OMG dance regular price $21.99 Sale price $15.39
2nd doll is an OMG dance regular price $21.99 Sale price $15.39
3rd doll is an OMG moonlight price $26.99 Sale price $26.49
I used circle deals one buy $30 get $15 off
and $10 off and 5% red card discount but I got charged $1.00 bag fee🙄
I felt like I scored 😊🤷🏽‍♀️
total $34.14

same dolls at Walmart were
$25

Picked up an electric toothbrush for DD21s boyfriend using mostly Kohl's cash I had from other purchases today - only $10 out of pocket, and I got 5% off that with my credit card and will get $5 KC for picking it up at the store (I have to go return something else anyway). It's a good use of Kohl's cash since coupons don't work on the toothbrushes these days. It was the cheapest Sonicare model, so I don't think it will be on sale during Black Friday - all the sales lately have been on higher models. It's an odd gift to give to a child's boyfriend I know, but he's had some dental issues due to neglect and I've been helping him work through getting all those resolved and getting him to pay better attention to all that, so I know he'll appreciate it.

Also picked up the headboard I had my eye on for DD. It popped up 10% off this morning and I suspect that's the best it will do so I pulled the trigger. It was on sale about 6 weeks ago for an additional 10% off, but I was able to apply gift cards I got at a 15%-ish discount that I didn't have 6 weeks ago, so all in all a bit ahead even with the higher price. And if the price goes down, they will refund the difference so no need to wait any longer and risk shipping issues.

My oven also died a week or so ago and we pulled it apart yesterday to try and fix it but realized the fix isn't an easy one, so I went looking for a countertop convection oven to hold us over for awhile (I have a large home remodel that includes a full redo of the kitchen pending, but am holding off on until the supply of construction materials frees up a bit - so I don't want to buy a new stove that I will just trash during the remodel or pay for an expensive repair). I found a really good deal on one at Macy's yesterday that I am happy with. It's not a perfect solution - even the biggest countertop oven is small compared to the one I'm used to. But we really don't use the oven too much - mostly for things like cookies, roast potatoes, pizza; we are a small household so I don't cook roasts and such very often.

We are entering the dangerous period for me and shopping - I have purchased everything I really need to purchase, but such good deals start popping up that I start buying people "just one more thing"...gotta try not to do that this year!

Last edited:
Finally really started shopping. Started with the kids, which always ends up being a mistake since I will see a billion things between now and Christmas that they would like. But had a 5% off coupon for Target plus a 10% cartwheel and several things I have been looking at were on sale or had another cartwheel offer so I put in an order there, kind of shocked at how long shipping is going to take on some of it. Really need to get to work on other family members.

I usually have a Black Friday battle plan by now, but ad leaks have been pretty late this year! And even the ones that have dropped are kindof underwhelming. Perhaps stores don't want to advertise and then fail to deliver because of the shortages? Hmm. This will probably be a "show up at TJ Maxx and Ross and throw stuff in the cart" kinda year, heh.

I'm glad that stores being open Thanksgiving day seems to have died as a trend finally, though :)

Looks like Kohl's is having a limited sale but with pretty good prices this Friday thru Sunday (5th thru 7th). Ad is up at Blackfriday.com. Scan there shows $10 Kohl's Cash coupon on back of flyer for Kohl's charge holders - so possible free stuff. I like free :)

Last edited:
DH and I are gifting a Christmas cruise to each other, 48 days. I can't wait. Great prices to be had at Royal Caribbean if your looking to get away for the holidays.

We're getting my siblings and their kids a week rental at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for our family trip in June. Hoping to score a great deal on ebay. If not, I'll use my go to vacation strategy.

DONE! That was easy.

I'm debating now if I'm going to put up Christmas decorations this year. I might decorate the fireplace and that's about it. We won't be home for the holidays.

Finally got the Kohl's mailer for this weekend's sale with the $10 Kohl's Cash in it, good through Nov. 20. Free stuff - yay! It was a smaller mailer than I thought it was going to be, and the coupon was actually inside - don't throw it out if you get it in the mail!

I wonder if Kohl's will do it's Veteran's Day sale this year, where you can stack $10 off $25 with a 30% off code. Since they've made the %-off codes individual to each person a lot of the time now (and I rarely get 30% off), and the fact that last year's prices during the sale just weren't as good as years past, I'm not holding out much hope for it this year.

Last edited:
MomToOne Thanks about the $10 kohls heads up. I did not need again so I just filed the Flyer. I did not see the free $10 off offer. I shall find SIL something free :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter