Sharing MDE account with spouce

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
I have been the planner in our family for our Disney trips since we started going. In the past trips since the Disney app has come to be my wife has just used my login to access the Disney app. She really only uses it to look at and download our photo pass pictures. Is this still a fine way to do things or could I run in to any issues with multiple people using the same login?

We found what works best for us is having everyone who stays in the same room on one MDE account. If someone isn't good with computers, they can mistakenly delete ADR's or other things you have saved. We never saw any advantage to having multiple accounts. If traveling with other friends/relatives who are staying in different rooms, you can link them so that things like ADR's can be arranged by one person for everyone traveling with you.

Can you both have the app with the same account on two separate phones? I'm the planner, but thinking we could both try to book ILL$ and G+ at 7am simultaneously if I teach him. Not sure if he needs his own account to be able to help with that?

I am wondering this too. If everyone uses the same account can we be signed into and use MDE at the same time?

My wife and I each and a separate account. We have not had any issues as we are listed on each others account.

I spoke to technical support who claims that if a second person signs into the same account at the same time on different device it may force the first person out. Indeed, we tried it, and it forced me (the first person) out, AND I had to reset the password. This is a problem for us because my daughter is the techy one but can't have an account because she is only 12. I hate this system.

All 4 of us just use one MDE account. DH and I have been on at the same time to get Genie +/ILL and had no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter