Sharing....

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
I thought it would be nice to read something sort of special from me other than how chemo is going etc..

Tom and I have been going to this local restaurant here on Cape Cod since we moved down... We met one of the waitresses there, she is a sweetie and if I need anything like an electrician, plumber, anything, I just ask her, she knows lots of people.. Love her.. When we go to WDW, we bring her little girl presents, it is such fun to shop for little ones. So, they have watched Tom go through his illness, prayed their little hearts out, there is another waitress there who battled cancer herself...so she kisses Tom everytime we go in....they are one of our support groups.

We sit at what we all call the talking table so when they have a second, they sit down and talk....we love this place, we love the owner, the chef, the clean up crew, we love them..

So today we went for lunch and Karen said to me my daughter made you something for your birthday, I know Tom has chemo today, but we would love to come by and say a quick birthday hi before we go skiing.. I said of course.. So in they come....with wrapped presents and cards....I open the one from the little girl and she made me the cutest little cake in her easy bake oven and decorated it... I was so touched, and told her what a good job she did and that I would eat her cake on my birthday....

One more present remained...it was from Karen.. I said the cake is enough, you are so sweet to remember my birthday, (it is a big one this year, blech) I open her card and laugh myself silly as it has two old ladies driving in a convertible, just a funny card, then I open the present.. I was speechless...she bought me a Burberry Scarf....a real one, absolutely breathtaking.. I jumped up crying, she was crying, we hugged, she said I love you... I am crying writing this.. she said this is a big birthday for you and I wanted it to be special...

The kindness of strangers.. not family, just a sweet friend who made the effort to make sure I had something special on my birthday... I am at a loss but am so touched by what she did.....I had to share this..

Hugs all around..

That is a beautiful story, very touching and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing it. You have me in tears.

Also, happy birthday. Milestones are special, aren't they?

What a wonderful community you have surrounding you, Marsha, both here and in real life. Happy Birthday to you! :goodvibes

I'm all teary, Marsha. What a sweet story. I'm so glad that you have a special support group.

Katholyn

What a beautiful, touching memory they have given you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

How sweet. :goodvibes

Happy belated birthday Marsha! You're only getting better baby! :grouphug:

Marsha, she sounds like a wonderful person. You are blessed to have her as part of your support team.

makes me think of that song Oh the one about joe. Dont let the chain of love end with you" that song.

See it goes to show you, "good things happen to good people". Happy Belated Birthday Marsha from Canada.

Happy Birthday, Marsha!!! Moving to a new place is hard....finding the people that make that new place home is the frosting!!! Hope that you can look back on this unexpected blessing when you are towing the line and struggling!!! hugs to you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter