• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharks Underwater Grill

Hettie

DIS Veteran
First things first, the official word is that the new Sharks Underwater Grill will be open by Fall, which technically gives them until September 22 or 23 to open. My guess is that it will be open before then, but I would be flexible so as to avoid disappointment if it is not open in August.

Now, the fun part. Because I work in the Marketing Dept. at Sea World, I was able to have lunch at Sharks this past Wednesday as they were having a preview/practice for crew members. The restaurant is very beautiful and classy, and all the tables have great views of the shark tank, although the sharks hadn't returned yet from their vacation. :D The restaurant is decorated in shades of blue and the lighting is designed to give it an underwater feeling. The tables are tiered so that everyone has a view of the sharks.

The food choices are diverse, including steaks, seafood, and chicken. They have a full menu including appetizers, salads, and desserts. I don't want to give too much detail or pricing, because it is very likely that the menu will be tweaked before the official opening, but suffice to say that the food is upscale, and quite delicious.

My opinion is that the restaurant is an excellent addition to Sea World for those who prefer a full service meal to fast food or a buffet.

I'll try to post again if I get an official opening date, and if there are any questions I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the info. Iw ill be there from Sept 13-20 so I think I have a pretty good chance of being one of the first to try it.

The restaurant is not actually underwater? Also, when the shark exhibit opens, where will the people be in relation to the actual restaurant? Will people wlking through be able to see you, or you them? I tend to think yes because it helps advertise the restaurant.

Thanks

The restaurant is next to the tanks, so that you can see the sharks swimming underwater--much like the Coral Reef at Epcot.

You can see the tunnel that people walk through for the shark exhibit from the restaurant, but it is on the bottom of the tank. It's as though the walk-through tunnel is in the basement, and the shark tank and restaurant are on the 1st floor. Does that make sense? It's kind of hard to describe. I can't tell if you will be able to see the people walking through the tunnel and vice versa. It's possible.

Hope that answers your question! :D

Yes, it makes sense. Thank you. Keep up the good work out there. The last time I was in Orlando I spent most of my time at Sea World. I found the food to be the best, the park was very clean, and the hours were very generous(open 'till 10pm in June with fireworks, which was WAY later than the other parks closed). No other park was having fireworks(maybe Epcot, though).

I would've never stepped foot in the place again if it wasn't for Kraken(best coaster in Florida, IMO) because I'm not a ocean life fanatic. I'm glad I did because I now appreciate all Sea World has to offer. These new additions have made me glad I have a 2 year pass(BGT also). Kraken was running in pouring rain in June(much appreciated). I guess lightning is the only reason they close it. No lines, either!

OK, enough of this love thread.

Thank you

I would love to see this restaurant, but we are going in late August.

Somehow I think we will miss it, but I am remaining hopeful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter