• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharps Container

they didnt have one on the fantasy two weeks ago but you can indeed ask your stateroom host or use the one in the public restroom (which I did cause I only have to inject bloodthinners the last two days before flying long distance)

I have noticed a sharps container in the bathroom under the sink. Can't say there was one on every cruise I have been on but most of them. If not, just ask your room host and they will provide one.

MJ

Disembarked the fantasy on Sunday. Sharps container in the bathroom of our cabin. On a small shelf under the sink.

I was on the Fantasy end of September this year and there was a sharps container in our stateroom bathroom, as well (under the sink).

Thank you all between insulin shots and blood testing - a sharps container is a must and I'm grateful I won't have to lug one in our suitcase.

Our experience as well. Just off the Wish yesterday (11/7)
Jumping in here to ask my own sharps question: do you recall the size of the container? I don't use syringes, I use single-use injectable pens which are quite large but still need disposal in a sharps container, a large one like you see on the wall in a doctor's office.

Jumping in here to ask my own sharps question: do you recall the size of the container? I don't use syringes, I use single-use injectable pens which are quite large but still need disposal in a sharps container, a large one like you see on the wall in a doctor's office.
Sorry, I didn't look closely. From memory it's about the size of a kleenex box but maybe half the height?

I'd suggest you check as soon as you get on board and if it's too small, ask the cabin attendant to get you a larger one.

They are fairly small and nothing like what you see in a doctor's office. Since my trip was so fresh I remember exactly what it looked like in the stateroom. After a few minutes of searching, I can say this is the one we had under our sink on the Wonder: https://www.amazon.com/BTravel-Savvy-Sharps-Container-Travel/dp/B00VS38F46

Jumping in here to ask my own sharps question: do you recall the size of the container?
It will take your pens, though how many may depend on the length of your cruise and how often you need to dose. You can ask your stateroom host for a larger one, or they may simply give you multiple smaller ones if that's what they have on hand.

Or they may have bigger ones in the public restrooms on the wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter