Shep or Believe or maybe even Mary Jo

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Who painted your daughters rooms? I was looking at the pictures again and they are so pretty!! Heck I would like to do something like that in our bedroom with the flowers.....its just really really pretty!

Yes I know I'm feminine and I have a very girly girl room but thats okay DH loves me anyway...lol!

I don't know which one did, Beth, but if I had to guess I would say Amanda. Their rooms are very pretty. :D

The flowers are a border that have little 'notches' cut out which lets the yellow show through on parts of the border. My dad does all the painting in my house. I do the prep work and the hanging of the border, but that is about it. Shep gets out of all the work:rolleyes:

Other ideas I would have loved to do with her room: Add a blue ceiling with white clouds (Dad would have painted the ceiling blue, but I would have to add the clouds...I just left it with glow in the dark stars on the ceiling). I also like the idea of having window boxes scatter around the room with the border behind it on the wall or even window boces with artificial flowers on her windowsill. We have mirrors of the sun and flowers that we need to hang in her room. If her baby bed hadn't been a grow with me set (baby bed, toddler bed, twin to a full) I would have down a picket fence bed.

I am currently trying to figure out what I want to do with Cassie's room. She is at the same age that we redid Mandy's room. I don't think I can go a bright with Cassie, Mandy is my artistic one and loved the colors....Cassie is more mellow and calm. We shall see.

Overall I think it is a room you either hate or love. The girl in the cube next to me said it was way too bright for her and how did Mandy sleep in it. I laughed because Mandy loves to sleep with her light on...I guess the room isn't bright enough if the lights are out.;)

Add a blue ceiling with white clouds

I did this on our screen porch. The ceiling is a deep sky blue with puffy white clouds. Then I got the stick on stars and did some constellations (including DD's and my astrological signs). On the posts around the porch I painted flowery vines (freehand) and hung little bird houses. On the cornice around the ceiling I stenciled in suns and moons. Then I took white cup hooks (to match the cornice white) and hung the old white twinkly Christmas tree lights. It looks sooo cool when it's all lit up.

If her baby bed hadn't been a grow with me set (baby bed, toddler bed, twin to a full) I would have down a picket fence bed.

I want to do one of those for DD, too!

Originally posted by believe
The flowers are a border that have little 'notches' cut out which lets the yellow show through on parts of the border. My dad does all the painting in my house. I do the prep work and the hanging of the border, but that is about it. Shep gets out of all the work:rolleyes:

I do the outside work..
:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter