• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Park (aka Coast Anaheim) + other questions

Runey

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Planning my second trip to Disneyland... The last time my wife and I went, there was no California Adventure... We're from Australia so it's a bit of a long trip :)

First Question: Trying to pick a hotel... Looking at the Anabella or the Shearton Park (aka Coast Anaheim)... Basically want something that is classed as moderate rather than budget... Within easy walking distance of both parks (and preferable Downtown Disney too)... Has a transport option in case it's too hot to walk back :) Either has it's own breakfast facility or something very close by... Preferably also allow free or cheap car parking as we have a car for a few days... Price is always an issue but it's low on the list...

Second Question: We will be there from 21st August 2006 onwards... How much time would we need in each park? Just two big kids, my wife and I, no real kids... We will want to go on every ride and see every show at least once... At this stage this is our plan... Arrive 21st around 13:00 and have lunch and have a look around Downtown Disney etc (basically get our bearings)... If there is anything going on in one of the parks that night then we'll go in and do that... 22nd all day / night at Magic Kingdom... 23rd all day / night California Adventure... 24th Time to revisit one or both parks if necessary... Do you think this is enough / too much time to see everything?

Third Question: Are the parks still open late at that time of year?

Fourth Question: Would the various night time shows, ie Electric Parade, Fireworks, be running at that time of year?

[EDIT] Sorry Fifth Question: Can anyone recommend any private car transfers between LAX and Anaheim?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help

Well to answer your questions:

1. I have never stayed at the Shearton Park (aka Coast Anaheim)... I have stayed at the Tropicana Inn twice and both times the family had a great time. This time we are staying at the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove/Anaheim South. It is a bit of a walk though, about 10 - 15 mins. each way. The hotel also had a shuttle bus which will cost you $3. It also really depends on what you are looking for, just a regular hotel room or a suite. You should check out the following websites

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=HR3TD5T1E0LPKCSGBIX222QKIYFCXUUC?moreDesc=true&ctyhocn=LAXGDES

http://beachcalifornia.travelhero.com/index.cfm/id/67274/aid/68/city/ANAHEIM/[/COLOR]

2. The plan you have is great so far, and yes, that should be enough time to see everything. Also take advantage of the FASTPASS system, it's great!

3. Yes, parks should be open late at that time of year. Closer to the date of departure check out www.disneyland.com and click on the calendar link. It will give you the hours of the parks.

4. Yes the Electric Parade, Fireworks, ect.... will be running at that time of year.

5. For private car transfers between LAX and Anaheim, check out
http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/lax.htm. It should be just what you are looking for.

I hope my answers to your questions, haved helped in your planning!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

Thanks Funbobbi.

1) I'll check those out
2) It's a relief to know that we will have enough time :) I don't think FASTPASS existed when we last went. Though it was when we went to WDW, not that we needed it as the parks were dead. We walked on to almost every ride :D
3 & 4) Awesome... Never got to see either the fireworks or electric parade at DL or WDW... So that's great
5) The Execucar sericice sounds spot on... also found XPressShuttle after I posted this topic, but Execucar is a little cheaper...

Thanks heaps, all your answers were of great help

Your very welcome!! :wave:

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

Runey,
on our first trip to Anaheim, we stayed at the Radisson Maingate hotel and our welcome meeting with our rep was at the Coast and it was a lovely hotel. We got friendly with a couple staying there and said the balcony was a bonus as not many hotels have them and he was a smoker!!!
Across the street from there is the Hansa House and they do a lovely buffet breakfast and just down the road a little is the Bakers Square who also do great buffet breakfasts.
The location there is good and you have a few shops close by (7/11, Subway) and if you are looking for a phonecard, get one in the little gift shop next to the Hansa House as they are cheap and last a long time. Theres also the Visitor centre nearby as well.
Love Ella

I would check out the Candy Cane Inn...it meets all your requirements and is closer than most of the other hotels mentioned....

Thanks Ella1... I do like my breakfast so it's nice to know there is something close by...

ZeusNike... I keep seeing the Candy Cane Inn pop up.... I'll have a closer look... Thanks

I stayed at the WestCoast Anaheim in 2000 (before it was the Coast Anaheim), and thought it was a very nice hotel. I am hoping it will reopen by March 2006 as a Sheraton, because I want to use Starwood points for a free stay!

Runey,

We have stayed at the Coast Anaheim twice, once in 2002 and the last time was in April 2005. We really enjoy it. It is within walking distance of the parks but also has the shuttle service ( that you have to pay $12.00 for 6 (?) days per adult I can't remember the exact totals) that picks up in front of the main door to the hotel, we have never had a problem with at this hotel. I also like that it has two resturants and room service to eat at without leaving the hotel. There is also a small store that sells pop and snacks and coffee. It was clean and the staff people where very friendly. The last time we were there we had a park view, and although it was not a perfect view, I enjoyed seeing my favorite ride ( california screamin) out of our balcony when we went to bed I think that it costs $8.00 a day to park there. They charge it to your bill when you check out. You can also get a refrigerator for I think we paid $10.00 for the entire stay. We used Karmel Shuttles ( because it was free in our package) and would use it again.

Have a great time!

Kristi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter