Sheraton Safari?

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
I just got this thru priceline for 50 a night, it looks nice, does anyone have any experience with it?

You did great dzneprincess! We stayed there in December and were very happy with this hotel. Of course, we paid rack rate of $95.00 a night so $50.00 is a great deal.
The hotel is nice and clean with a friendly staff. The shuttles to the parks are always on time. They have a really nice pool with a python slide. It was too cold for us to go swimming, but the kids could not resist trying that slide. BRRRRRRR
The web site is a little deceiving as it says you are across the street to the entance of Downtown Disney. This is true, you are across the street from the "entrance", but I would not try to walk to DT.
I would stay here again.

Have a wonderful trip!

TY luvtogo :earsboy: I am so happy, this whole trip was supposed to be a freebie trip to Tampa LOL. We were going to drive back and forth to go to universal for 3 days, as we have been to disney numerous times, and I just knew we didn't have the time nor the money that I like to spend at WDW. I got my IOA tix, and and then I realized that 3 days back and forth from Tampa would wear us out.:pinkbounc SO added 3 days at Wyndham Orlando crtsy priceline (50 agn lol).........BUT being a dzneprincess I CANT stay in Orlando and NOT go to WDW. So, here I am. WHATS wrong with me?? LOL I have an affliction!! My DH has been so sweet with me, very patient. What started out with me saying " yah hun, we could go see my dad in Tampa, all we have to pay is gas money and eating money! " ..to " But honey while were are there lets check out IOA, it will only cost us tix, as we can drive! " to " but DH gotta to WDW!!!"

LOL
Hi
My name is Amanda, and I have a problem! I don't know quite what it is yet, but it causes me to drop everything and run to WDW!! LOL :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:
SO anyways, long story short...IM GOING IM GOING

PS luvtogo, how was the shuttle at this location? Do u remember how often it ran?

I also will be staying at the Sheraton Safari in October thru Priceline for $40.00 a night. I hope this is a "steal" because, after months of research, I've discovered that the discounts at this time of the year (3rd week of October) are SCARCE! I've checked out the Sheraton Safari webpage, but any more information on this hotel would be greatly appreciated!

Madkat I will definetly let you know, as we are leaveing in 12 days!!! yipee ºoº:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: Y'all just cant imagine how thrilled I am!! I have managed to put together a vacation,3 days at universal and 4 days at WDW for less than 1500!! all last minute. If it wasnt for that great rate on the rooms thru priceline, I wouldn't have been able to do this. Tickets for hte parks for 4 people, is what cost me roughly 1000.:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc yipee cant u sence my elation??? I still think I have a problem LOL

please tell about the Wyndham Orlando - I have a room there - isn't priceline great. Is this close to Seaworld?

Spiceycat I will definetly tell you when I come back. The website for this property looks really nice. IF you dont already know, you can take a 360 degree tour on the webpage. Go to wydham resorts mainpage, click on resorts, click on wyndham orlando, then event planning then view meeting rooms. It will bring up a whole new page on this property. HTH :-)

LOL Dizneprincess....I like the way you work. DH would have me figured out in a moment. We were there in December and he does not even want to hear about it for another year or so. I keep telling him of all the bargains out there, but still no go!!:(

My memory does not serve me well these days, so I am going to try and search for a post I made a while back. I posted the shuttle schedule for someone and then threw away the info. I do remember them running quite frequently. We rented a van and it sat in the lot of the hotel the entire time. It just seemed easier to take the shuttle.

You can call the hotel directly and ask for the transportation desk, they may be able to give you more info than I am able to. In the mean time, I will search for the post I made a while back.

madcatsmom...I think you got a great deal! It is a nice hotel...not too fancy but clean and comfortable. They have a nice breakfast buffet, kids eat free with each paying adult. I think the adult price is $7.95. Again, I am not too sure on that but it is close. There is a coffee shop that opens at 6:00 am. The pool is nice, the python slide a big hit with the kids.

I waaaaanttt to go back!

luvtogo12, I know where you're coming from about DH not wanting to hear about DW! We did the Land & Sea package last October and Hubby vowed that the cruise was not long enough AND thought the DD's got enough of the "magic" on the ship! We're cruising for 7 days in October again with DCL. I'm surprising DH & DD's with
3 days in Disney "pre-cruise" and 1 day at Sea World "post-cruise". Thank Goodness for Priceline... Sheraton Safari for $40. per night and the Rosen Centre Hotel for $35.! Just have to save up enough for the Park Hoppers before sharing my secret! No turning back then!!!

Madkatsmom....that sounds like a wonderful trip. I am sooooo jealous. DH does not like to travel at all. WDW in December was our first "real" vacation as a family and I am afraid it will be our last one for awhile. :(

It seems as though you did great with Priceline. If I ever have the opportunity to plan another vacation ;) I will have to give them a try.

Sorry, I could not find my post on the shuttle schedule. I guess it was posted on the old boards and I do not think they can be retrieved.

I have stayed there quite a few times and I have nothing but good things to say. The staff is great, even wrote up a compliment for one the ladies that worked in the buffet, she was great and had us laughing at breakfast. A feat that is not that easy @ 7 in the am. :)

The rooms have always been clean and it is in a good location. Shopping and restaurants close by. If you have kids they will love the snake slide at the pool!

Thats good to hear sunshine. We are leaving in a few days and we are very excited !!

We stayed at the Sheraton Safari this past Christmas/New Years. Our room was quite spacious. It was way too cold for us to use the pool, but it looked like it would be a great place to relax. The staff was very accommodating. We rented a car so we did not use the shuttle. We like to get to the parks very early and I don't seem to remember the hotel bus leaving that early in the morning. The hotel was in a great location.
We only ate in the hotel restaurant one night-good food, reasonably priced. Have fun!

Christine,
You have piqued my curiousity. I see you are from Florida but you are rooting for the Mariners?! Living in Wa state and being a fan myself that caught my eye.
Jenn

Buzzme....we were there the same time. It was a little cold wasnt it????

Luvtogo12-We had so many layers on we could barely move! We are visiting again next week-going from one extreme to the other!! We just LOVE to go :cool:

Buzzme....thankfully we were coming from cold weather and had our jackets with us. Otherwise, we would have been in trouble. I had high hopes for warm weather and packed lightly! :rolleyes:
Have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter