Sheraton Safari???

Hi, Susy:

I know of several people who truly LOVED this hotel. Here is a link to a very complimentary post about it. It also features some very good info about the Sheraton Starwood membership and the upgrades you can get.

I stayed there last December and liked it. It doesn't have the nice grounds to walk around, but the pool is real pretty, and the rooms are nice. I am also a Starwood member, and because of that got a nice room with a pool view. Each room has a private balcony.

My only complaint was the housekeeping staff at the time. They weren't that great.....

Francine

We stayed there in June and my kids keep asking to go back! It is a themed resort kind of in a disney style with a snake slide and nice decore and even staff members in the main lobby have safari gear on! they also wear name badges that tell where they are from! We loved the pool and the room service was good and not too high priced for Orlando... We only had a problem with housekeeping the last day! They forgot to clean our room! We would go back!:)

I have stayed there a few times and I have always had an enjoyable experience. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, and they have a great pool. Oh yeah they serve up some good drinks at the bar too. ;)

We highly enjoyed it. We got it for 50.00 on priceline.We are not starwood members, but they did give us a starwppd room with a pool view.

I stayed at the Safari about 3 years ago, the night the tornadoes hit Kissimme area. My reservation was mixed-up; I walked into a room already occupied! After finally getting into MY room, the door blew open, and the sliders were ready to pop!!! (Not hotel's fault! REAL bad storm!) My zero-balance credit card was denied... This was shortly after Sheraton/Starwood took over from Wyndham. Prior to that it was a Days Inn. Go figure! It is an attractive hotel now, and once the storms passed, I was treated very nicely.

With current economic conditions, Orlando is a very "Buyer" friendly market. Do research for several options. Check with your travel agent for deals offered by tour operators, or check the internet. hotelkingdom.com guarantees lowest rates, or pays you if not (read the fine print!).

Have fun!

We stayed at the Sheraton Safari in December and we were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the pool looked like a lot of fun. The shuttles were always on time and we chose to use them even though we had rented a van. I would certainly consider staying here again.

We stayed here for our engagement on December of 98! We had a suite that was wonderful, living room, refrigerator, big bathroom and closets, and a wonderful bedroom with a balcony!

The pool is very nice like everyone has said, kid themed with a snake slide! There is also a hot tub. I thought the grounds had not tons (like the Polynesian) but a good bit of foliage and palm trees.... the little paths are very cute too! Oh and there is a hairwrapping station for kids, a pool shop right next to the pool, and while we were there they had a songwriter who would play music next to the pool and write songs for kids for a minimal price (picture Jimmy Buffet, Cat Stevens type music).

The thing I like about this hotel even if it is not a Disney hotel and you do park relativly close to your room, your balcony or patio faces in at the pool and recreation area..

Location is another key factor! This hotel is so close to Downtown Disney its great!!! You can even walk there (a little farther than the Downtown Disney hotels, but you could do it!)

Other things the hotel is close to.... Goodings Grocery (expensive but lots of Deli foods and treats). Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, UNO's, Taco Bell, McDonalds, a sub shop, TGI Fridays, Jungle Jims (really cute, and cheaper than Rainforest Cafe), and lots of other restaurants.

Gift Shops and Outlet Stores are close by also for shopping too!

The lobby of the hotel is very rich in detail, and African theming! They even have two Macaw Parrots out in the lobby!

There is a gift shop in the hotel, a bar, a formal restaurant that we did not go to but I hear has a great breakfast buffet, and also a cafe you can grab a sandwich for the pool!

Overall I found it to be wonderful, great location, nice rooms, and helpful service! If you have any other questions I would be more than happy to help!

Have a wonderful vacation though, whatever you decide!!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter