Sheraton Vistana Villages

caroley

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
I'm booked into Vistana in October but I'm having second thoughts now. I've just found out that non of the rooms are non-smoking and I'm panicking that our villa will smell strongly of cigarette smoke. Can anyone who's stayed there give me their opinion of whether this is likely or not please.
Thanks.

We booked through Hotel Kingdon and they let the hotel know of DH's asthma condition , so, supposedly, they ran a special air cleaner in our room before we arrived. I can tell you there was not a trace of smoke! Don't change your mind. I know I was concerned about this, too--but for no reason. This place is lovely!

We did not notice a trace of cigarette odor in our 2 bedroom. If we had went up to our room and found the place to reek, I would have returned to the front desk and demanded to be moved.

I think the reason they have no non smoking rooms is they are timeshares and they probably do not want to tell the owners they can't smoke in their unit. My family and my sisters have been there and neither of us had a problem with smoke odor and we are both very sensitive to that smell. If you do get one that stinks ask to be moved, although that will not be an option if they are sold out. Don't worry too much about it. Good luck

Thanks very much for the replies.
I really don't want to change our booking as we'd really set our hearts on Vistana. It looks gorgeous. I feel a bit better about it now.

Hi Carole,

We just stayed at Vistana Villages in Dec 01 and there was not a trace of a smoke odor in our unit. Please don't give up on the resort. I think you will love it. Great combination of space and location. Have a great time.

roxanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter