She's Going Coast 2 Coast......That Girl is CRAZY!......BOSTON MARATHON UPDATE 4/27

I have to chime in here... I hope you can stay on property cause they seem the most amazing. But if you can't, for a pretty good price, the Anaheim Dessert Inn and Suites is right at the cross walk. Not the swankiest of places... but both Karin and I have found it to be "nice enough". You seriously can't get closer to the parks. It is almost a roll out of bed sort to deal. I would say it is closer than the Contemporary is to MK

Ann, I am really hoping to be able to rent DVC points to stay on property at the Grand Californian.

Ann, I am really hoping to be able to rent DVC points to stay on property at the Grand Californian.

That is why I hope to stay... I do have points... but using them there is a challenge because of how many more it uses. I want to say a studio there is about 3x as many points as for a studio at OKW. In my mind that is crazy high! But so is 500 to 600 per night rack rate.

I sit here at lunch today thinking how the world works in mysterious ways. It is no secret I wanted desperately to run last years Marathon. My doctor had told me if I ran the marathon last year Id run the risk of blowing out my knee. It would be too soon. The leg needed more time to heal. You don't just wake up and run a marathon. I feel like I had an angel on my shoulder last year.

When the explosion happened I had many people thinking I was running that day. Everyone who knew of me, knew I was planning on running Boston last year. I was in a meeting when it happened. I came back and was confused as to why I had 32 text messages asking if I was ok. My cousin had put out a memo on Facebook asking if anyone had heard from me. Was I OK? How close was I? It is so hard to put into words what I was feeling at that moment.

When I got home I was still in shock over the events. I was thinking what if I DIDN'T have knee surgery? Where would I have been? I would have been safe. I am not that fast. I figured I'd have been ok somewhere on the hills in Newton. I found out that everyone on the Alzheimer's Associations team was OK. I found out all the people i knew who were running were OK. My closest runner was one mile from the finish line. His wife was out with my mom that day and was thankfully running late to pick him up, (this is his billionth marathon so she doesn't watch anymore). I felt so relieved they were all OK. Then I felt guilt. My friends and teammates were OK. Hundreds were not. Was it ok to be happy?

These are feelings that may never go away. After the back injury this past September I withdrew my Marathon application. I don't think I had much of a chance of getting a number this year anyway. There were over 300 applicants for 20 spots! I have done my part though. I have gone out in the freezing cold to hand out water and offer words of encouragement to my teammates as they trained in the brutal New England Winter. On Monday afternoon I will stand with all of their fans and cheer them on through the hills of Newton. It will be hard emotionally not being out there with them. My time will come. I have set a new goal of running by the time I turn 35. I have three years.

We will not let the actions of two hateful beings ruin the spirit of all that is good. Love will always overcome evil. We will run again. We will run stronger. I am sure there will be tears flowing on Monday by me. I am a very emotional person and I have a hard time expressing myself. I cry when I am happy. I cry when I am sad. It is my release.

Always remember. Always Love. #BostonStrong

I sit here at lunch today thinking how the world works in mysterious ways. It is no secret I wanted desperately to run last years Marathon. My doctor had told me if I ran the marathon last year Id run the risk of blowing out my knee. It would be too soon. The leg needed more time to heal. You don't just wake up and run a marathon. I feel like I had an angel on my shoulder last year.

That must have been hard at the time... but yes, maybe you had an angel on your shoulder. :goodvibes

-
When the explosion happened I had many people thinking I was running that day. Everyone who knew of me, knew I was planning on running Boston last year. I was in a meeting when it happened. I came back and was confused as to why I had 32 text messages asking if I was ok. My cousin had put out a memo on Facebook asking if anyone had heard from me. Was I OK? How close was I? It is so hard to put into words what I was feeling at that moment.

I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I watched the news from the other side of the country... and it was shocking. The impact right there was certainly so much more. I felt horrid for everyone going through that on what should have been such an amazing day.

When I got home I was still in shock over the events. I was thinking what if I DIDN'T have knee surgery? Where would I have been? I would have been safe. I am not that fast. I figured I'd have been ok somewhere on the hills in Newton. I found out that everyone on the Alzheimer's Associations team was OK. I found out all the people i knew who were running were OK. My closest runner was one mile from the finish line. His wife was out with my mom that day and was thankfully running late to pick him up, (this is his billionth marathon so she doesn't watch anymore). I felt so relieved they were all OK. Then I felt guilt. My friends and teammates were OK. Hundreds were not. Was it ok to be happy?

I bet a lot of people felt that way. Were happy and hugged their loved ones. I bet that is normal and you were not alone in that.

These are feelings that may never go away. After the back injury this past September I withdrew my Marathon application. I don't think I had much of a chance of getting a number this year anyway. There were over 300 applicants for 20 spots! I have done my part though. I have gone out in the freezing cold to hand out water and offer words of encouragement to my teammates as they trained in the brutal New England Winter. On Monday afternoon I will stand with all of their fans and cheer them on through the hills of Newton. It will be hard emotionally not being out there with them. My time will come. I have set a new goal of running by the time I turn 35. I have three years.

You will get there!!!

We will not let the actions of two hateful beings ruin the spirit of all that is good. Love will always overcome evil. We will run again. We will run stronger. I am sure there will be tears flowing on Monday by me. I am a very emotional person and I have a hard time expressing myself. I cry when I am happy. I cry when I am sad. It is my release.

Always remember. Always Love. #BostonStrong

This is a touching statement. Thank you so much for sharing it. :hug:

That must have been hard at the time... but yes, maybe you had an angel on your shoulder. :goodvibes

Every year it has been hard. It seems there is always someone looking out for me. In 2012 it was 90 degrees! That was 2 months after I had the surgery so naturally I couldn't run. I could hardly walk still.
-

I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I watched the news from the other side of the country... and it was shocking. The impact right there was certainly so much more. I felt horrid for everyone going through that on what should have been such an amazing day.

I think it was at the time, scarier for those who didn't know I was at work. My parents got many frantic calls from people who mixed up half marathon with marathon. The half was a month later.

I bet a lot of people felt that way. Were happy and hugged their loved ones. I bet that is normal and you were not alone in that.
It is almost survivors guilt ya know? It is so hard to put these thoughts into words.

You will get there!!!
Thanks! I have set the goal for next year. Lets hope the back cooperates.

This is a touching statement. Thank you so much for sharing it. :hug:

Thank you. It has been in me for the whole year. Feels good to finally put all these emotions into words. I was babysitting after my half marathon, and the 12 year old says to me when I walk in "Why are you late? Why didn't you call? Did you get bombed?" I feel like these are not questions kids should have to ask. Mind you I was not late, but he had been at the marathon that day (about 6 miles away from the explosions), so it must have been all his anxiety about the day coming up. I think it helped him seeing me after the race. He became amused with my stiff legs lol.

I woke up to a loud bang at 10:30 pm. Convinced I had missed my alarm and the race I jumped out of bed and started panicking. Once I "woke up" I realized it was just the fireworks and it was 10:30 not 3:30. I went back to sleep but pretty soon it was 3:00 am and I groggily got up and got dressed. I headed out of the room quiet as a mouse and headed to the bus stop. When doing a race and staying at a good neighbor hotel transportation to the races is free.

I got dropped off at Downtown Disney and made the walk to the starting line.

I checked my bag and then walked over to my corral. I was placed in corral C, most likely based on my half marathon time from May.

My view to the starting line.

I sat down and started my stretching

While stretching I felt like this:

Trying to decide whose Idea this was......I clearly can't take the blame for this :rotfl::rotfl:

Just before 5 am the first wheel chair racer was given his send off.
http://youtu.be/4YIzlpUL5y4

The start at Tinkerbell isn't as exciting as the other races. It is probably because it is a semi-residential area so they can't set off fireworks at 5 am.

I made it to the very front of the corral. Given my back was still not great and there were only 6 corrals I wanted to make sure I was in the best position to finish the race. Once the crowds thinned out though it was really cold! I stood there shivering with my fellow tinkerbells. Once the guy sounded we were off. I was quickly passed by many but kept a solid pace.

This race starts out on the streets of Anaheim and heads into California Adventure. Before I knew it I was heading into CA and passing the mile 2 marker

No it didn't take me 42 minutes to run 2 miles, I missed the mile 1 marker for some reason, must have been my early morning brain.

My first stop was World of Color.

It was very neat seeing it in the dark and uncrowded.

I rounded to mile 3 and headed out of CA and onto Disneyland

It is so exciting for me reading your recap! I guess the course for the tink verses the DLH are different? Maybe even Avengers will be different? But in all... they go through both parks. :cool1:

I have had that same face... that OMG what made me think this was a good idea at 5am in the morning face. Looks like by the time you got to WOC it changed!

Can't wait to read more!

It is so exciting for me reading your recap! I guess the course for the tink verses the DLH are different? Maybe even Avengers will be different? But in all... they go through both parks. :cool1:

I have had that same face... that OMG what made me think this was a good idea at 5am in the morning face. Looks like by the time you got to WOC it changed!

Can't wait to read more!

Yes the courses are very different. Disneyland seemed longer........ok it could have been the extreme heat that made it feel that way.....Tink is more residential and DLH is more along the main streets if I remember correctly. I enjoyed the course from Tink much more, again it could have been the weather that made the difference, but I am not sure. Tink I think I got more time in the park than at DL. It will be interesting to see how avengers goes!

Haha I always try and take a "before" photo of how I'm feeling. It is NEVER "Im so excited lets get this show on the road" It is always "Seriously? This my MY idea?"

Yes it definitely changes once I get moving. My big regret is not taking MORE photos during the race. Oh well. I am hoping to get another installment written soon. I had ordered some photos from Marathon photo so I want to get them in the mail and scanned in because I am pretty sure they go along with the next update.

All I can say is that I give each and every one of you who does these races a ton of credit. First getting up at the crack of dawn (if not earlier) and then doing that running!

I love your pictures.

Yes the courses are very different. Disneyland seemed longer........ok it could have been the extreme heat that made it feel that way.....Tink is more residential and DLH is more along the main streets if I remember correctly. I enjoyed the course from Tink much more, again it could have been the weather that made the difference, but I am not sure. Tink I think I got more time in the park than at DL. It will be interesting to see how avengers goes!

For some reason I feel like I read that it is going to be a different course. I don't think it will go through angel stadium... so maybe more like the Tink?

Haha I always try and take a "before" photo of how I'm feeling. It is NEVER "Im so excited lets get this show on the road" It is always "Seriously? This my MY idea?"

:rotfl2: Yeah... I think I am with you on that. It is one of the reasons (and I have many) as to why I decided against the goofy or dopey. I am sure my picture would look like "seriously why did I think this many early mornings was a good idea???)

Yes it definitely changes once I get moving. My big regret is not taking MORE photos during the race. Oh well. I am hoping to get another installment written soon. I had ordered some photos from Marathon photo so I want to get them in the mail and scanned in because I am pretty sure they go along with the next update.

I am excited for the next update!!! :cool1:

All I can say is that I give each and every one of you who does these races a ton of credit. First getting up at the crack of dawn (if not earlier) and then doing that running!

You can say it, Kathy. ::yes:: We are all a special kind of crazy for getting up before dawn to do the running we do. I know I think we are... somehow though... it doesn't stop me for registering for more races. :rotfl:

When I last left off I was heading on out of California Adventure and heading to the Magic Kingdom. Not before I hopped in front of the Paparazzi aka the Marathon Photo Photographers.

Confident I had given them some good pictures I ran out of the park and across the concourse. Outside the Main entrances were strips of fans cheering on their favorite runners. My cheerleader Anne-Marie was still at the hotel just starting the wake up process so I wouldn't see her until later.

Finally I made it to the front of the Magic Kingdom and stopped for a selfie.

I headed into the Magic Kingdom and right down Main Street

I continued on and rounded mile 4

Right around mile 4 I found some lost boys playing around. Naturally I had to stop for a pic!

I abandoned the lost Boys and continued on my way. I was feeling really good at this point despite not having run in a while. The strength I felt definitely gave me a boost.

I kept running and came upon It's A Small World still all done up for the Holidays. After a quick photo I was off and running again

Before I knew it I was rounding mile 5!

Looking at the clock time I was doing pretty good! I was feeling great!

This image was reflected on all the buildings. I thought it was really fun to see

Then came mile 6

Shortly after hitting mile 6 we hit the 10K

See that blue strip on the ground? I am 99% positive I missed running over it because there were port-o-potties right beside it and right around there nature called. I think instead of stepping over it to get back on the course, I went right behind it as I don't have a 10K split :confused3, Oh well.

Somewhere between mile 6 and 7 the Red Hat Society women are lined up on the street. It really was a site to see and I am really regretting NOT stopping for a photo with them. Around mile 7 I was losing steam and hearing them was a great boost morally. I was starting to hear people shouting Boston Strong, and it gave me a boost.

Once I got past the 10K I had to make my first ever medical stop. I wasn't really injured but I was getting some chafing on my arms from my t-shirt. I asked for some bandaids and instead they gave me this gooey think jelly stuff. I smeared it on my arms and was off!

I was headed onto the mean streets of Anaheim....shhh people are sleeping.

I had finally hit mile 7.

Mile 7 is always my favorite mile. Mainly because I officially have more miles behind me than ahead of me. What I loved about running through the neighborhoods was the residents were out and rooting on the runners. My favorite was the lady in her bathroom toasting the runners with a mimosa! Again I wish I had stopped for a photo with her.

Mile 8 I was getting tired but I was still making pretty good time. I was feeling way better than when I was running the Disneyland half in September.

Mile 9 was definitely a slow down for me.

By Mile 10 I had picked up my pace a bit again and decided I needed a few more selfies.

You can see a bit of my fatigue in my face in this one.

Mile 11 I was keeping my pace and still not doing too badly time wise! Again my goal was to finish. You can see here how happy I am to be almost done!

One Mile later however things started to change. Between mile 11 and 12 I started to feel some pain in my knee. I stopped to stretch. I removed my knee support thinking maybe that was the problem. I would run and stop, run and stop. Nothing I was doing was working. By the time i got to mile 12 I was in PAIN!

I stood and stared at this sign

I had an internal battle going. I was hurting. Every step I took was agonizing. I could not put weight on my right leg. What did I do? I seriously thought about stopping. I had a major internal battle going on. I had gotten this far. I had felt SOOOO good earlier in the run. Clearly the lack of training had taken its toll on my body. What do I do?

Naturally I took selfie

I review the photo and said this face is a LIE. It is really more like this:

Are you serious? I have one more mile? Really?

After my internal debate, a chat between my brain and my heart I decided to go for it. If I pushed on my hip in the right spot the pain wasn't so bad. I figured if I ran the last mile I would be done sooner than if I walked. My leg was gonna hurt either way. Plus I knew there would be a big plate of Bacon at Goofy's kitchen later. Soooo off I went.

This sign is way better headed to mile 13 than mile 2.

I feel you can see the pain in my face here.

Next thing I knew I was rounding the corner and headed to the finish line!

Clock time 3:30, actual time 3:15! A full 8 minutes better than Wine & Dine!

Not to shabby for a sick-injured-runner.

Once I finished I saw Anne-Marie. She had been calling for me when I was running but I didn't hear her. I think I was in a daze due to the pain and the struggle to finish. I spoke with her real quick and told her I was gonna go grab my medal. However I saw the sign that said "Self Medication" and made a bee line for it. I thought maybe I could sit down and stretch a bit. Next thing I know I am SWARMED by EMTs. They are throwing questions at me left and right. I was holding my hip so they naturally thought my hip was hurting. When I told them it was actually my leg the EMT grabbed my leg and moved it around. He was wiggling it and practically yells "Oh (insert bad word here)". I instantly Freak. Out! Convinced I tore my ACL or MCL I asked what was wrong. He said OH nothing, you just have really flexible knees. I schooled him on saying bad words to people who are hurting and semi-hypochondriacs. He told me it was my IT band to to ice my knee and my hip for 30 minutes. He strapped some Ice on my leg, put some on my hip and off I went.

You can see my iced up leg here. I was sore and tired but I did it!

Up Next....Goofy's Kitchen

Katie, great update. I love the Paparazzi pictures. You look so happy.

I found myself running with you and urging you on and on to finish if your leg could hold up. I'm so glad you that did. You should be very proud of what you accomplished with little training and being ill and having a sore leg.

I can't wait to read about the bacon!!1

First I have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it and you should be proud. I was so nervous for you at mile 12. That would be just heartbreaking to come so far only to miss it by just a mile. I am so glad you were able to finish!

Second, I love love LOVE your photos! The selfies are great and I especially love the one where you changed your mind and had to get a "true" feeling shot. ;)

When I last left off I was heading on out of California Adventure and heading to the Magic Kingdom. Not before I hopped in front of the Paparazzi aka the Marathon Photo Photographers.

I mentioned your selfies above, but you got some great photos from marathon photo!

I headed into the Magic Kingdom and right down Main Street

I just have to say eeeeeee :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Right around mile 4 I found some lost boys playing around. Naturally I had to stop for a pic!

Not being one who stops for characters... I may find that this would be a stop I would HAVE to make. Lost boys.. mischief on the carrousel?? AMAZING.

See that blue strip on the ground? I am 99% positive I missed running over it because there were port-o-potties right beside it and right around there nature called. I think instead of stepping over it to get back on the course, I went right behind it as I don't have a 10K split :confused3, Oh well.

I suspect you would not be the only one. I wonder how many times this happens at all disney races. At least it doesn't throw off your time.

Somewhere between mile 6 and 7 the Red Hat Society women are lined up on the street. It really was a site to see and I am really regretting NOT stopping for a photo with them. Around mile 7 I was losing steam and hearing them was a great boost morally. I was starting to hear people shouting Boston Strong, and it gave me a boost.

Isn't it amazing how spectators can really help to boost your energy?

Once I got past the 10K I had to make my first ever medical stop. I wasn't really injured but I was getting some chafing on my arms from my t-shirt. I asked for some bandaids and instead they gave me this gooey think jelly stuff. I smeared it on my arms and was off!

Sounds like some cool stuff! I hate chaffing... have some stuff but it never works very well.

I was headed onto the mean streets of Anaheim....shhh people are sleeping.

I find this so interesting. At WDW, there are no residential streets that we run on.

Mile 7 is always my favorite mile. Mainly because I officially have more miles behind me than ahead of me.

It is weird, but I just realized I think 7 is a mental one for me. When you wrote that you reached 7, I thought "almost done". Then you made your comment about it being the point where more is behind and I realized it really is more like half done. I need to not think about that because I think when I run and hit 7 and think "almost done" I can't allow my delusional reality to be changed. 7 isn't far from 10 and 10 is almost 13...so almost done ;)

What I loved about running through the neighborhoods was the residents were out and rooting on the runners. My favorite was the lady in her bathroom toasting the runners with a mimosa! Again I wish I had stopped for a photo with her.

That is awesome!

One Mile later however things started to change. Between mile 11 and 12 I started to feel some pain in my knee. I stopped to stretch. I removed my knee support thinking maybe that was the problem. I would run and stop, run and stop. Nothing I was doing was working. By the time i got to mile 12 I was in PAIN!

This must have just been scary! Have you ever DNF? I figure there if you run enough races there has to be one where that happens, right?

I had an internal battle going. I was hurting. Every step I took was agonizing. I could not put weight on my right leg. What did I do? I seriously thought about stopping. I had a major internal battle going on. I had gotten this far. I had felt SOOOO good earlier in the run. Clearly the lack of training had taken its toll on my body. What do I do?

I think this would be so hard. I know if it was me.. this is the point I want to give up any way. If I were in pain.. it would just give me the reason/excuse I was looking for. So impressed that you fought through that... and pushed on. :thumbsup2

I review the photo and said this face is a LIE. It is really more like this:

Are you serious? I have one more mile? Really?

I know I mentioned it already, but I love this! :rotfl2:

After my internal debate, a chat between my brain and my heart I decided to go for it. If I pushed on my hip in the right spot the pain wasn't so bad. I figured if I ran the last mile I would be done sooner than if I walked. My leg was gonna hurt either way. Plus I knew there would be a big plate of Bacon at Goofy's kitchen later. Soooo off I went.

Clock time 3:30, actual time 3:15! A full 8 minutes better than Wine & Dine!

Not to shabby for a sick-injured-runner.

Great job!!!

Once I finished I saw Anne-Marie. She had been calling for me when I was running but I didn't hear her. I think I was in a daze due to the pain and the struggle to finish. I spoke with her real quick and told her I was gonna go grab my medal. However I saw the sign that said "Self Medication" and made a bee line for it. I thought maybe I could sit down and stretch a bit. Next thing I know I am SWARMED by EMTs. They are throwing questions at me left and right. I was holding my hip so they naturally thought my hip was hurting. When I told them it was actually my leg the EMT grabbed my leg and moved it around. He was wiggling it and practically yells "Oh (insert bad word here)". I instantly Freak. Out! Convinced I tore my ACL or MCL I asked what was wrong. He said OH nothing, you just have really flexible knees. I schooled him on saying bad words to people who are hurting and semi-hypochondriacs. He told me it was my IT band to to ice my knee and my hip for 30 minutes. He strapped some Ice on my leg, put some on my hip and off I went.

It is good they were so attentive..but yikes on making you worry like that. I agree... saying bad words to people when they are hurting can only cause worry.

Can't wait to read about your breakfast!

Katie, great update. I love the Paparazzi pictures. You look so happy.

I found myself running with you and urging you on and on to finish if your leg could hold up. I'm so glad you that did. You should be very proud of what you accomplished with little training and being ill and having a sore leg.

I can't wait to read about the bacon!!1

Thank you Kathy! I definitely felt good and being able to be there made me happy! Back in September I was very unsure with the back injury.

Awww thank you! I was definitely torn. Standing at that sign not knowing if I could finish was the hardest part. I have a couple friends this year who did not finish the Boston Marathon this year. They stopped at mile 20 and 21, both of them were also stopped last year after the bombing, it led me to think, which was worse, not finishing when you know you could but didn't because of a bad situation, or not finishing because your body physically wouldn't let you. I can't even answer that one.

I was definitely proud and even more excited when I found out I beat my Wine and Dine time! Once the leg gave out on me I gave up on it!

Ohhh my bacon! The worlds greatest motivator!

Thank you again!

First I have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it and you should be proud. I was so nervous for you at mile 12. That would be just heartbreaking to come so far only to miss it by just a mile. I am so glad you were able to finish!

Thank you! As I said before it was a major internal battle. I have NEVER thought about stopping before. My coworker told me after, that if I had stopped she would have hit me when I got back to work lol

Second, I love love LOVE your photos! The selfies are great and I especially love the one where you changed your mind and had to get a "true" feeling shot. ;)

Haha I have no shame in my photos! The best photography is "honest" photography lol

I mentioned your selfies above, but you got some great photos from marathon photo!

Yeah, I never buy those because they are so expensive, but I thought those ones came out so well. I wish they sent the photographers out into the streets more though.

I just have to say eeeeeee :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Not being one who stops for characters... I may find that this would be a stop I would HAVE to make. Lost boys.. mischief on the carrousel?? AMAZING.

I think a little later they actually came off the carousel and came up to the gate, but I thought it was more fun for them to be on it.

I suspect you would not be the only one. I wonder how many times this happens at all disney races. At least it doesn't throw off your time.

It is the only thing I could think of. Kinda bummed because I would have loved to compare my W&D splits with Tinkerbell

Isn't it amazing how spectators can really help to boost your energy?

They REALLY do! It is kinda mutual though. I went to the Marathon last month and a runner handed me a piece of paper that said "Thank you for the support" I initially thought it was trash that she didn't want to leave on the ground. She didn't sign it but put her number on it so I decided to track my new "friend." She finished in under 4 hours! I saved it and I am going to laminate it and keep it with me for future runs.

Sounds like some cool stuff! I hate chaffing... have some stuff but it never works very well.

This stuff worked great! I have no idea what it is, they had told me bandaides would have made it worse. It was a very thick vasoline type substance.

I find this so interesting. At WDW, there are no residential streets that we run on.

It was definitely fun to run through the neighborhoods. I think this race was more residential than DL because at DL they have to get you out to Angel Stadium. At this one I think the first 10K was in the parks.

It is weird, but I just realized I think 7 is a mental one for me. When you wrote that you reached 7, I thought "almost done". Then you made your comment about it being the point where more is behind and I realized it really is more like half done. I need to not think about that because I think when I run and hit 7 and think "almost done" I can't allow my delusional reality to be changed. 7 isn't far from 10 and 10 is almost 13...so almost done ;)

Haha I think we all do crazy math to get through those last few miles! Mile 8-9 tends to be the hardest and mile 10 always feels the longest!

That is awesome!

This must have just been scary! Have you ever DNF? I figure there if you run enough races there has to be one where that happens, right?

I was definitely nervous. I thought it was muscular since i tend to cramp up a bit, but this was very different. I have never had a DNF, which given my propensity to get injured is kinda shocking. I am sure it will happen at some point but I REALLY hope it doesn't!

I think this would be so hard. I know if it was me.. this is the point I want to give up any way. If I were in pain.. it would just give me the reason/excuse I was looking for. So impressed that you fought through that... and pushed on. :thumbsup2

I cant even get into the depths of the battle I was having. I had two thoughts though, if I dont finish, I don't get the PINK C2C medal in Feb, and the sooner I finish the sooner I get to my bacon!

I know I mentioned it already, but I love this! :rotfl2:

Great job!!!

It is good they were so attentive..but yikes on making you worry like that. I agree... saying bad words to people when they are hurting can only cause worry.

Can't wait to read about your breakfast!

Thank you again! This was a hard fought finish!

They were awesome! I was in a pain induced daze and don't remember all that happened. When he said "Oh S...." I seriously went to OMG it is my ACL or my MCL, then I went to OMG If it is my ACL or MCL how am I gonna finish Princess next month?.....I clearly have my priorities straight :rotfl:

Thank you! As I said before it was a major internal battle. I have NEVER thought about stopping before. My coworker told me after, that if I had stopped she would have hit me when I got back to work lol

Well, while I may not agree you would deserve a beating for not finishing I am completely glad you finished!

Haha I have no shame in my photos! The best photography is "honest" photography lol

Honest is good for sure... unless you are old and wrinkly... then you try to hide those wrinkles ;)

Yeah, I never buy those because they are so expensive, but I thought those ones came out so well. I wish they sent the photographers out into the streets more though.

I think they were worth purchasing!

I think a little later they actually came off the carousel and came up to the gate, but I thought it was more fun for them to be on it.

I think them being on it was pretty cool. I am not sure just seeing them standing at the gate would have been as fun.

It is the only thing I could think of. Kinda bummed because I would have loved to compare my W&D splits with Tinkerbell

I recently realized that runkeeper has an overlay option... if you use runkeeper maybe you could compare that two that way?

They REALLY do! It is kinda mutual though. I went to the Marathon last month and a runner handed me a piece of paper that said "Thank you for the support" I initially thought it was trash that she didn't want to leave on the ground. She didn't sign it but put her number on it so I decided to track my new "friend." She finished in under 4 hours! I saved it and I am going to laminate it and keep it with me for future runs.

OMG! That is absolutely too cool!!

This stuff worked great! I have no idea what it is, they had told me bandaides would have made it worse. It was a very thick vasoline type substance.

I really wonder what it was.

It was definitely fun to run through the neighborhoods. I think this race was more residential than DL because at DL they have to get you out to Angel Stadium. At this one I think the first 10K was in the parks.

I don't mind running through residential, but I think that running through the parks is a highlight!

Haha I think we all do crazy math to get through those last few miles! Mile 8-9 tends to be the hardest and mile 10 always feels the longest!

I love crazy math! ;)

I was definitely nervous. I thought it was muscular since i tend to cramp up a bit, but this was very different. I have never had a DNF, which given my propensity to get injured is kinda shocking. I am sure it will happen at some point but I REALLY hope it doesn't!

I have never had a DNF either... always assume it could happen at some point but agreed... REALLY hope it doesn't. Especially at a Disney race!!!

I cant even get into the depths of the battle I was having. I had two thoughts though, if I dont finish, I don't get the PINK C2C medal in Feb, and the sooner I finish the sooner I get to my bacon!

OH that pink C2C medal!!!! ::yes:: that would keep me going too.

Just found this. Awesome job with the TinkerBell! I am just getting into running (Been about 2 months now) and my end result will be a Disney Marathon. Just yesterday I did 5.2 miles in 55 minutes! So far my best :cool1: I can't wait to read more!

Just found your report and finished it! Loved all the details and the photos. Is there more coming?:)

Just found this. Awesome job with the TinkerBell! I am just getting into running (Been about 2 months now) and my end result will be a Disney Marathon. Just yesterday I did 5.2 miles in 55 minutes! So far my best :cool1: I can't wait to read more!

Thank you! You will totally get there for the Disney Marathon! Congrats on your run! I would love to hit 5.2 in 55 minutes again! Slowly working my way back. Keep up the great work!

Just found your report and finished it! Loved all the details and the photos. Is there more coming?:)

Hi! Welcome! Thank you! Yes there is more coming! I am soooooo slow right now. I think I am going to get another update in today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter