She's Packing it All In, a June 2023 5 Night Copper Creek 1BR Trip Report (Completed 8/17)

Following along!

Can the kids stop growing because that just means we are all getting older! Loved that picture of the two of them in front of the castle!

One day I will stay at Wilderness Lodge-it looked gorgeous (also i thought the air mattress you bought was Disney's because it blended in so well!)

Excited to find your newest report! I just love Allie's vlog too. She is the same age as my daughter so they are very similar. Such a fun (sometimes exciting - ha) age. I go to Disneyland in a little over a month. Pretty much first time. I went once at 6 but don't remember a thing about it. Just me and a friend. Staying at the Candy Cane Inn. 5 park days but I think we will go to Huntington Beach for at least a half day.

Wow, the shower is even more gorgeous than the main room, LOL.
That translucent divider between the tub and Master bedroom is very pretty.

Welcome, thanks for joining in.

Following! You're off to a great start! The flight from CA to FL is a looooong one. So happy for you on the room location - I know it's a big deal for you. Your first dose of pixie dust!
The flight wasn’t too bad, and we do prefer it to having a layover to deal with half way. We love WL, and that room location is our favorite.

Thanks for the picture showing a little more of the shower. That step will be fine for my Mom as most of the ones in the 1 bedroom are.
Yeah, it is a pretty nice layout. Having sinks in two separate rooms in the bathroom is odd, but you can open up the door between them and have one big room.

Following along!

Can the kids stop growing because that just means we are all getting older! Loved that picture of the two of them in front of the castle!
It is kinda crazy how fast time flies. They just keep getting bigger.
The castle pic is a re-creation of one from an earlier trip. The amazing part is they agreed to play along.

One day I will stay at Wilderness Lodge-it looked gorgeous (also i thought the air mattress you bought was Disney's because it blended in so well!)
We love it there, and have a bunch more pictures to convince you.

Excited to find your newest report! I just love Allie's vlog too. She is the same age as my daughter so they are very similar. Such a fun (sometimes exciting - ha) age. I go to Disneyland in a little over a month. Pretty much first time. I went once at 6 but don't remember a thing about it. Just me and a friend. Staying at the Candy Cane Inn. 5 park days but I think we will go to Huntington Beach for at least a half day.
Lol, yes it is an interesting age. It can be a lot of fun though.

Congratulations on the Disneyland trip. Feel free to ask us anything, but now it’s been a while since we’ve been in the park. The Candy Cane Inn isn’t one of the ones we service the elevators at, but that’s ok. You should have a great time.

I'm here! Great start to your trip. Love the vlog too :)
Thanks for joining in. The blog is fun and we’ll have entries for each day.

On our first morning I got up at 5:45 and took some sunrise pics from the baclony. The location was great, and it was an awesome view to wake up to.
p1646479852-4.jpg

I did not get up that early.

Then I went out to take more pictures from around the resort.
p1776152985-4.jpg

p1740731517-4.jpg

p1697669320-4.jpg

I just love mornings on Bay Lake.
p1783112710-4.jpg

p1785807358-4.jpg

p1878949188-4.jpg

p1789087688-4.jpg

I caught the sunrise from Geyser Point,then made my way back to the room to get in the Tron Virtual Queue at 7AM.
p1783772501-4.jpg

p1822415830-4.jpg

After we got group 40 for Tron, which seemed pretty good, I made the spontaneous decision to purchase Individual Lightning Lane for 7 Dwarves Mine Train. It was $11 each, but I just went for it because I was able to get 12:10 and then knew we would get to ride it.

It seemed like it would work out fairly well. Allie wasn’t keen on riding Tron though and started trying to convince us to not make her go.

I figured she'd be more into it, but at least we'd have the option to ride it. I let Melissa sleep until 8:00 after I started the coffee. I mobile ordered breakfast and went to get it since the kids were still asleep.

We enjoyed having breakfast together at the table and the heading out for the day. Allie was so cute with her Nuimos hangin out in her backpack for the day. She had a themed outfit for every day.
p1712666618-4.jpg

p1694313721-4.jpg

They were super cute. Our breakfast was interrupted by a fire alarm ay 8:45 AM, and we started to get ready and out before they shut it off. We finally headed out from the room about 9:10.

Oh yes, the fire alarm, that was exciting. We missed the voicemail to the room saying they were testing those.

It was supposed to be water system work, but I'm guessing they set off a flow meter somewhere. Oh well, we survived. We headed for the boat dock to take advantage of the boat transportation to our first park of the trip.
p1838379704-4.jpg

A boat was pulling up as we got to the dock, our timing was perfect.

We got to the dock at 9:30 as a big boat arrived, then it left at 9:37 and got to MK at 9:44. The kids were even cute on the boat.
p1768943775-4.jpg

It was a rare occurance to have them both smiling at the same time without threatening their lives.

At MK we walked right through security and into the park. Our tickets were pre-loaded into our account and worked perfectly, avoiding our perenial trip to Guest Services.

That’s true, it was a trouble free trip when it came to our room and ticketing. It was very nice.

Once in the park, we headed for Pirates.
p1869310531-4.jpg

We got there at 10:02. The sign showed 35 min wait, but we were on the boat by 10:28.

It was on my must do list so we made sure to get it in first.
p1860610218-4.jpg

It was great as usual, then we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain, and took a look at the progress on Tiana's on the way.
p1615206471-4.jpg

I’m excited to see what they’re going to do with it and anxious to see the new theming.

Marshall was hot and thirsty and we had forgotten to load water up in the backpack so he improvised and drank the water out of his spray bottle.
p1694869150-4.jpg

We got in line for Big Thunder at 10:43, then got the announcement to head for Tron. We got on at 11:20.

The kids really enjoyed Big Thunder, I think it was a hit all around.
p1624699579-4.jpg

Afterward we got waters and headed across the park towards Tron.
p1748570852-4.jpg

Allie decided not to do it, and inseaad went on a "special mission" while waiting for us. Marshall held in there and we went to find the line.

We hopped in the Virtual Queue line and waited…

We had no idea how long the line would take and there were no signs posted.

We were glad that Marshall was plenty tall enough to ride it, but were slightly concereed about how long the line would take.
p1698118289-4.jpg

It as a little concerning because the line looked pretty long and we were starting to but up against our start time for Mine Train

As riders went by above us, Marshall decided he might not want to do it. He changed his mind, so we turned around and got out of the line.
p1795421813-4.jpg

He felt bad that he wasn’t brave but it’s just one of those things. We weren’t going to make him ride it. It’s just not worth it. Maybe we’ll try it next time.

Yeah, the timing was super tight anyway. We did get to try the sample ride vehicle, and you do sit on your knees in a strange leaning forward position.
p1650032889-4.jpg

I do think I'd like to try it sometime, but today was not that day.

So we headed to find Allie and discovered where she’d gone on her “secret mission”

She was waiting by the queue entrance, looking for us with her hair having been freshly "pixie dusted". Yep, her secret act of rebelion was going over to BBB to get dusted with glitter. This is the same kid who we worried about not wanting to do BBB at all when she was little.
p1636037520-4.jpg

She was so proud of herself. After a quick stop in the gift shop we headed over to Mine Train.

On our way it started to sprinkle, and then pour. It was our first real weather of the trip, making it an official Florida trip. We broke out the rain jackets, then continued through the puddles towards the mine.
p1710502458-4.jpg

The sky really opened up but by the time we got over to Mine Train the rain had stopped completely. While we were in line however they made an announcement that severe weather was on it’s way and they may have to shut the ride down. Thankfully we made it on before the sky opened back up.

We got in line at 12:18, and made it off the ride by 12:30. It wasn't cheap, but it was effective and everybody enjoyed it.
p1714284187-4.jpg

I think it was a great way to get that ride in. We weren’t likely to wait for it otherwise. After Mine Train we were headed off to lunch. On the way Allie stopped for a photo op with her friends outside Pooh’s house.
p1733163378-4.jpg

Our lunch destination was somewhere new for us, the Plaza Inn.
p1708459297-4.jpg

On the way it started to sprinkle again but not hard enough for us to pull the rain gear back out. Allie was prepared for her Nuimo friends and got their umbrella out.
p1778976981-4.jpg

As we got to the restaurant it was starting to rain, so crowds were building under the eaves of the building. I tried to check in, but my phone had no service so I went to the hostess stand.

I had no service at all. As we would find out later it seemed all Verizon phones weren’t working. Perhaps the storm had knocked out a tower but the inability to check in for our reservation was slightly frustrating.

I asked at the counter, and was told there was nothing they could do and that I needed to check in with my phone. Another CM suggested that they manually check us in, whch seemed like a good idea to us. We soon were checked in and headed to our table in what really is a pretty small restaurant.
p1712349060-4.jpg

I was actually surprised at how small the restaurant is. Our server was fantastic though and it was a great lunch. I ordered the pot roast sandwich, as did Allie.
p1738594083-4.jpg

Lindley was our server and she did do a great job. I went with the bacon cheeseburger, and since they didn't have Mac and Cheese Marshall went with a Turkey sandwich.
p1738317299-4.jpg

Just as we got our food it REALLY started pouring outside. I was happy we missed the rain when it came back.
p1666618081-4.jpg

It was really dumping down rain outside, and we were comfy and dry inside.

The sandwich was so good. It was a daily special thing, not on the regular menu but if they have it I highly recommend it.

My burger was decent, nothing exceptional but not bad. The pot roast sandwich looked to be more special.

Since we weren’t in a super hurry to go out and drown we ordered dessert.
p1770665183-4.jpg

Another table nearby had gotten ice cream, and it looked great. We got a banana split, which in 43 years I had never had before.

Marshall’s lunch came with a kids icecream which was so cute. He chose Mint n chip and then they put little chocolate Mickey ears on it. I was shocked he had never had a banana split. It’s like a rite of passage or something.
p1677629752-4.jpg

It was time to give it a shot.

The cool thing is that they are able to put whatever icecream you want for the scoops so we got vanilla, chocolate, and cookies and cream scoops instead of the traditional chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.

That was a great enhancement, because none of us wanted Strawberry ice cream. It was a nice dessert, and a fun meal overall.

I'd say it was 90% as good as Liberty Tree, for something closer to half the cost, so it was a pretty good deal overall.

I would totally add this to our lunch spot list, I really enjoyed it.

After lunch, see how we continued our MK day as we moved on to our evening plans...

On our first morning I got up at 5:45 and took some sunrise pics from the balcony. The location was great, and it was an awesome view to wake up to.
Your room location was perfect for the sunrise view. The sky is beautiful this morning.
Allie was so cute with her Nuimos hangin out in her backpack for the day. She had a themed outfit for every day.
The Nuimos are adorable. I love the umbrella. :)
It was on my must do list so we made sure to get it in first.
Pirates is always on our to do list. :)
I do think I'd like to try it sometime, but today was not that day.
I would think that you were dying to ride it. :)
her secret act of rebellion was going over to BBB to get dusted with glitter.
It sounds like she has been planning this for awhile.
Just as we got our food it REALLY started pouring outside. I was happy we missed the rain when it came back.
You had great timing. We were at Yak & Yeti's for dinner when the skies opened up. It was a driving rain and no amount of rain gear would have kept us dry. And it was all over by the time we were done with dinner.
We got a banana split, which in 43 years I had never had before.
I've never had a banana split. A regular chocolate sundae with walnuts is better. :)

Your room location was perfect for the sunrise view. The sky is beautiful this morning.
That is the beauty of that room location. I almost didn’t want to leave to go walk around in the mornings. Fortunately it was still pretty when I got back.

The Nuimos are adorable. I love the umbrella. :)
They are too cute and she loves them.

Pirates is always on our to do list. :)
It is our favorite

I would think that you were dying to ride it. :)
I wanted to, but it just didn’t work out and I didn’t want to spend that long in line if the kids weren’t going to enjoy it. There will be next time.

It sounds like she has been planning this for awhile.
She did her research on YouTube and saw that they would do it for free if you asked.

You had great timing. We were at Yak & Yeti's for dinner when the skies opened up. It was a driving rain and no amount of rain gear would have kept us dry. And it was all over by the time we were done with dinner.
You gotta love when the timing works like that. We love the break that TS meals in parks provide, and sometimes they save you from getting really wet.

I've never had a banana split. A regular chocolate sundae with walnuts is better. :)
Yeah, I’m still not a huge proponent of babas in my ice cream, but overall ot was a good treat and big enough to share.

I love how you pivot and find the best in everything.
Aww, thanks. There were some things like that this trip that could have gone either way based on how we reacted to them, but overall we’re there to have fun, so we just go with it and have a good time.

It must have been disappointing for the adults not to ride Tron, but the posture required for that ride looks to me like a way to cause neck and back problems. Glad you enjoyed your morning. Your pictures are dazzling as usual.

@GrandCalifornian my family (4 adults) and I just booked a two bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge for next February (my sister and I are doing the Princess 5K and my parents are coming to cheer us on!). Any particular room #s we should try and request? I’ve stayed there before, but it was on the Copper Creek side and in a studio.

It must have been disappointing for the adults not to ride Tron, but the posture required for that ride looks to me like a way to cause neck and back problems. Glad you enjoyed your morning. Your pictures are dazzling as usual.
Yeah, we would have enjoyed at least trying it, but not if it wouldn't be a positive experience for the kids. We don't want to ruin the fun by pushing too hard.

@GrandCalifornian my family (4 adults) and I just booked a two bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge for next February (my sister and I are doing the Princess 5K and my parents are coming to cheer us on!). Any particular room #s we should try and request? I’ve stayed there before, but it was on the Copper Creek side and in a studio.
Welcome! We have never stayed on the Boulder Ridge (VWL) side either. Our choice there would be to request a room near the elevators to avoid a potential long walk down the hall. The views could vary quite a bit, and on the water side you might get to see the lake, which we would prefer, but overall we'd rather be close to the elevators. We also don't request a specific room, rather what we like about it in case that one isn't available then we still get one that will be close to as good.

Following along!! Can't wait to read/see more, your photos are stunning as always!
Welcome back. You're in luck because we have more to post tonight! We're glad you enjoy the pictures, they are always the best part.

After lunch, the rain had let up and it was a beautiful Florida afternoon, and we had more of MK to cover, so we headed into Tomorrowland.

We headed to People Mover because it’s my favorite. I rode backwards which felt odd, I realized I never ride this backwards.
p1839980176-4.jpg

We got on the People Mover at 2:11 and enjoyed our tour. I usually do ride backwards, so sitting forward was different. On it we saw that they had Nuimos in Star Traders so that was our next stop.

Allie was on the hunt for an Edna Mode Nuimo so we headed there to search.

Unfortunately she was not to be found at Star Traders though.

Marshall decided he wanted in on the fun, so he chose to spend part of his gift card money on a Mickey Nuimo and a pair of roller skates.
p1868125138-4.jpg

He was a fun little buddy for him. After that we had to do something on Marshall’s must do list.

Marshall had been asking to do Tomorrowland Speedway again since we did it last time, so despite the fact it was nearing the temperature of the surface of the sun we waited in line.
p1860259508-4.jpg

We got in line at 2:36 and it showed a 25 minute wait, and we got on it at 3:06.

Oy the wait was warm. I had a new best friend though, I picked up this fan at the Dollar Tree before the trip and it was awesome for just getting some air flow.
p1620972508-4.jpg

It was the best 1.25 splurge I packed for the trip and I used it quite a bit.

On the ride Marshall loved driving and Allie got her own car.
p1695898335-4.jpg

p1747982388-4.jpg

p1658463585-4.jpg

Melissa was between us, but her car was super slow. Marshall did a great job and made sure I didn't allow the cars to bump.

I think I had the slowest car in the fleet. I had it floored the whole way and it was just slow. It’s ok though, I enjoyed the leisurely ride.

After that Allie begged to head over to the teacups, and the line was super short so we got in line for it at 3:18, and were on it by 3:22.
p1823865743-4.jpg

p1661348412-4.jpg

We all 4 barely fit in one cup, this might be the last time we all make one. That’s a little sad now that I think about it.

Aww, that is sad. From our engagement pictures to now we have had some great rides. This was one of our fastest, with Allie and me teaming up to get it really spinning.

Paul got it going really fast, I was afraid I was going to fall over on the way out because it took so long to not be dizzy.

Allie wanted to go ride Barnstormer but we had other plans. We wanted to shop on Main Street before we headed out.

We had to draw the line somewhere and couldn't pack everything into a single MK day. We all wanted to shop though, and the Emporium was a nice cool break from the warm afternoon.

Allie found Edna and discovered the latest Disney stuffed craze, Munchlings.
p1823927211-4.jpg

She had heard about these before the trip, and I teased her about them being the "next thing" and replacing Nuimos. Fortunately there was room for both of them this year. Marshall decided to spend the rest of his gift card on a parking lot tram model, which he had seen at the WL gift shop but decided to buy here.

Then we headed across the street to see if there was a new Dooney I couldn’t live without. I didn’t find anything I loved, however the new Bambi bags are really cute. The new black Vera Bradley pattern is fun too but I didn’t end up buying anything.

It was fun to look, but eventuallly we made our way out of the park at 4:10.
p1723646472-4.jpg

We went to the boat dock, and got on a small red flag boat at 4:18. It was a nice trip back to the resort, and we arrived there at 4:31.
p1843585716-4.jpg

p1788316274-4.jpg

When we got back to the room we had the sweetest surprise waiting for us.
p1864544765-4.jpg

Paul’s parents had a gift basket sent to our room for our anniversary.

It was really neat. The bag was a Mickey shaped cooler bag with two compartments, and it was full of lots of snacks and some water bottles with a Disney castle logo on them. It was nice of them to send us. We hung out in the room for a bit, which I always enjoy before we headed towards Disney Springs for the evening.

We were not making this our first bus ride of the trip so we headed out to the Jeep.
p1702525570-4.jpg

We saw one of the new Sunshine flyer busses on the way out.
p1825132221-4.jpg

Going to Disney Springs was one of our biggest reasons for getting a rental car.
p1716266634-4.jpg

We left our room at 5:38, and the phone sent us on a different route than the buses take wrapping around Disney Springs past an almost back-stage warehouse building.
p1841843179-4.jpg

We arrived to the parking garage at 6:01.
p1622179409-4.jpg

We really liked the red and green light parking sensor system for finding an open parking space. We made it through security, down the escalator, and into Disney Springs by 6:05

Those lights are super cool and make finding an open spot so much easier.
p1676629548-4.jpg

Our first stop was the Lego store. We had fun playing with the virtual sets, where you can see a computer image of what the set looks like by scanning the product box.
p1801529472-4.jpg

The boys were drooling over all the Legos. Marshall was just in heaven. Both of them picked out a set to take home.

And you even got some Lego flowers to bring home. There was something for everyone.

That’s right! On our way over to our dinner reservation we stopped and picked up some things to bring home for our office pups Claire and Crouton.

We also walked by the new Corksicle stand, and considered coffee mugs but didn't go for it.
p1622903112-4.jpg

That put coffee on our mind though, so we stopped by Joffrey's to pick up some coffee to take home.

The coffee mugs are so cute! It was tough but I was hoping to find another Tervis coffee cup like the ones we got at Aulani, I use one of those every day. I’m excited to use the Joffrey’s coffee at home, we have a bag of other stuff we have to finish first though.

We then walked across to Boathouse to check in just before 7:00.
p1811736583-4.jpg

The line was super long, but we got checked in and went to shop at the gift shop while we waited. Then they called us, but we had to wait in the long line again. We were then seated at 7:13, and got a great seat next to the boat. We were as close to it as we could be without baing at the table that sits inside it. Marshall actually complained that his head hit the boat hull.
p1667799999-4.jpg

We just scooched his chair around so that his head wouldn’t hit. He was fine. We ordered Chips with salsa and pimmento cheese dip and Allie ordered a couple oysters.

Her getting Oysters always surprises the servers. The Pimento dip was great, and is a must do for us now.
p1761892525-4.jpg

I really love this restaurant, there is just so much variety, and I love the atmosphere. They were really busy this night though. We didn't get bread until 7:40, and finally ordered at 7:50.

Service was slow but we didn’t mind having an airconditioned place to hang out for a while.

When the food came at 8:03, it was exceptional. I got the filet mignon sliders, and they were made even better with a bit of the pimento cheese on them.
p1669847077-4.jpg

They truly were one of the best things I have ever eaten. So tender and buttery, they were just great. My mouth is watering as I write about them.

Both Allie and I got the same thing too. They were delicious as usual and the addition of a little pimmento cheese made them even better.

We also got a cupcake for our anniversary, since we had it noted on our reservation.
p1784794786-4.jpg

It was cute and just enough dessert after that meal. We even got a DVC discount too, making this meal the best value of the trip.

The cupcake was a sweet surprise. After dinner we headed straight over to World of Disney to get some shopping done. I was concerned about Marshall’s longevity for the evening without the stroller.
p1726685986-4.jpg

We knew we wanted to shop at the big store, so we went there first.

We looked for whatever we could find, and got a Stitch bathmat.
p1847773794-4.jpg

I thought I found a green T-shirt, but it wound up being a kids size one not an adult one. It would have matched the Jeep... Oh well. I did find a VRC elevator material lift back stage though, so that was neat to see.

Oh my gosh. So in the last year and a half Paul has officially become an full fledged elevator guy. He reminds me of my dad checking out all the elevators all the time, and yes we walked by a door that was open to the back area of the store and he was so excited to see the lift.
p1874643254-4.jpg

It's part of the job, being a dorky elevator guy. It's like how corny Dad jokes come with being a Dad, it is part of the job.

After we made our purchases of random stuff we headed over to the CoOp. Marshall really loves the Mr. Toad car so we got a picture with that.
p1875483578-4.jpg

We all admired the sparkly castle too.
p1833616224-4.jpg

We were also wondering if you get the display pedestal for the $250,000 or if you just put it on your dining room table or what.

At that price, I'd have to live in it... We did enjoy shopping around, but noticed they had fewer Dooney bags at the CoOp than usual. This used to be a great place to find them, but they only had a couple this time.

It was a tad disappointing but that’s ok we found lots of fun stuff to bring home. Marshall was pretty tuckered out at this point and honestly so was I so we headed to the Jeep. Now friends, this is where the rental car is just so worth it. We just walked to the car and got in. No waiting at the bus stop and watching busses drive by, no packed bus with someones butt in your face. Just us in the Jeep. We didn’t have the Wilderness Lodge bus soundtrack to listen to though, I kinda missed that. I tried to make up for it and find some flute music but I didn’t quite get it perfect because we were back to the resort so quick!
p1739091278-4.jpg

We started up the escalator to the parking lot at 10:08, then the kids placed rubber ducks on three other Jeeps at 10:14.
p1872470591-4.jpg

We were back in the WL parking lot by 10:33 and in our room by 10:39.
p1665954286-4.jpg

It was so great, and we really enjoyed the quiet time in the rental car vs the hectic bus ride. We did miss that bus music just a little though.

It was a packed day and I was so happy with how well Marshall did keeping up without a stroller. I threw a load of laundry in and Paul went down to get our last mug refills of the evening. It was a pretty perfect day.

It really did top off the day well. We didn't have to worry about Roaring Fork closing before we got back for refills, since they keep the dining room open all night now. It was nice and we took advantage of it. Soon after 11:00 we went to sleep ending a great first full day.

Come back for our anniversary day! We had lots of fun planned and made up some fun stuff too.

Do you have a picture of the parking lot tram Munchling?

Maybe you can get a recording of the Wilderness Lodge bus soundtrack and play it in your rental vehicle next time?

Speaking of which, do you already have another trip planned, either to WDW or somewhere else?

Oh nice! I felt bad because I meant to watch along the last one but hadn't checked since my last post, and I just did and realized that was just your "planning" thread, so I can check the real vacation now :)

We headed to People Mover because it’s my favorite. I rode backwards which felt odd, I realized I never ride this backwards.
I'll ride backwards every once in awhile. The ride seems darker from that seat. :)
I had a new best friend though, I picked up this fan at the Dollar Tree before the trip and it was awesome for just getting some air flow.
A fan is a really good idea. You never see them anymore. But it would work well for a hot Florida trip. :)
Paul’s parents had a gift basket sent to our room for our anniversary.
That is a really cute bag. What a nice surprise. Our daughter sent one to DH for his birthday when we were staying at the WL. It fit perfecting under the seat in front of us on the flight home. ;)
Those lights are super cool and make finding an open spot so much easier.
That is a great idea. It would save you from driving all over the garage.
It was a packed day and I was so happy with how well Marshall did keeping up without a stroller.
He's growing up fast. :)
We didn't have to worry about Roaring Fork closing before we got back for refills, since they keep the dining room open all night now. It was nice and we took advantage of it.
I hope all the resort food courts start doing that. They might sell more refillable mugs if the food courts are open 24/7.

Do you have a picture of the parking lot tram Munchling?
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. The parking lot tram was the usual big toy car size one they have had for years, Marshall just decided to get it now. The Munchlings were different, and all the ones we saw were based on Disney characters made to look like food items. (It seems like the perfect Food and Wine tie in...) Another thing with the Munchlings is the smaller ones are sold in blind packages so you don't know which one you get from a specific series of them. This leads to a "must collect them all" approach where you just have to keep trying for the one you want. More on that later...

Maybe you can get a recording of the Wilderness Lodge bus soundtrack and play it in your rental vehicle next time?
That would actually be perfect. We have tried to find the exact recording before, and have come close, but it would make the rental car experience perfect.

Speaking of which, do you already have another trip planned, either to WDW or somewhere else?
We do have a Utak trip coming up in late July, but it will be another quick one. We are right in the middle of deciding what the next big trip will be, and are strongly considering WDW for June 2024. More on that later too...

Oh nice! I felt bad because I meant to watch along the last one but hadn't checked since my last post, and I just did and realized that was just your "planning" thread, so I can check the real vacation now :)
Welcome! This is the real report, the PTR is something we do to pass the time waiting for the trip to come. It is a lot of fun sharing the fun that we had.

I'll ride backwards every once in awhile. The ride seems darker from that seat. :)
We didn't realize how we had our routine positions, but we definitely do.

A fan is a really good idea. You never see them anymore. But it would work well for a hot Florida trip. :)
We have seen them in WDW shops, but this was perfect to buy ahead of time and bring with us.

That is a really cute bag. What a nice surprise. Our daughter sent one to DH for his birthday when we were staying at the WL. It fit perfectly under the seat in front of us on the flight home. ;)
It is extra special to know someone is thinking of you during your trip. We did a similar bag for my parents during their anniversary.

That is a great idea. It would save you from driving all over the garage.
It worked so nicely. You can see at a glance if there's a space available.

He's growing up fast. :)
He really is. We keep feeding them and they just keep growing.

I hope all the resort food courts start doing that. They might sell more refillable mugs if the food courts are open 24/7.
Absolutely! I have been locked out of mug refills so many times in the past, it is great to have access 24/7.

Sounds like a great day!!
It was a fun day packed with lots of good stuff. With the shorter trip, we had to get more in each day.

We rented a car for the first time in 2021 and again this year. It was a game changer for me. I love having a car and not having to take the busses!
We never had rented a car before and tend to enjoy Disney transportation, but it was so nice to have the car for Disney Springs in particular, which is always the worst of the WL transportation destinations. We wound up driving to parks as well, and enjoyed that more than we thought we would too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter